You know your nail obsessed when...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When a trained friend uploads a picture of her own gel manicure and you can't help but critique it.

When you buy mega mix and instantly need to buy more nail varnish and additives.

When you order some new nail things and then start dreaming about what you going to order next.

Any spare money goes on new nail products

When u wait until hubby isn't around and then place an order so that it will arrive during the week while he is at work.....not that I would ever do that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

... when you are looking forward to the World Cup as much as the men in your house because it means LOADS if extra playtime and practice 😁

You convince yourself you ran faster and for longer on your morning run because of your new super sparkly nails....I need help :0)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

When you're supposed to be painting the kitchen ceiling but instead spent your morning painting colour wheels with gelish and pigments ! Oops ! X

When you wake up in the morning & realise you spent half the night dreaming about how many different effects you can create with glitter!

When you have missed the traffic lights change from red to green because you were admiring your nails :)

When your three year old announces at the dinner table "I must try the shellac, this OPI just doesnt last on my nails"

This really made me laugh!!!

and Hattiegirl, whilst doing a gel manicure on myself with Gelish Hot Rod Red, quite worryingly, my OH walked past and said 'that would look nice with High Voltage on an accent nail'. :lol:

This really made me laugh!!!

and Hattiegirl, whilst doing a gel manicure on myself with Gelish Hot Rod Red, quite worryingly, my OH walked past and said 'that would look nice with High Voltage on an accent nail'. :lol:

That's so funny 😀 but don't worry that's nothing! My partner asks the girls in our office at my day job what colours they have on after their lunchtime treatments.

Sorry me again (your going to ban me). Today I ripped a chunk out of my finger with a paper clip (it caught on something). Whilst I was bleeding, I made my friend (who came to my assistance) choose a different plaster, as the first one didn't go with my nails.

When you pull the back seat of your car out to put a new cover on it and under the seat you find one thing, a lost treasure.......a bottle of polish!

When your other half is looking for sunday morning "us time" and your reading forums on salon geek instead!!
:cool:

Lol this is so me! He sits there while I scroll through all my forums and groups lol. And I show him... To which he just responds with oh yeh lol.
Some more of mine are when you flick through your fellas photos just to see a catalogue of your own work as he doesn't delete anything and I send him EVERYTHING I do lol! He has more nail stuff on there than anything else!
And when you have a odd amount left in the bank and think this just won't do so spend hours on the net finding nail art supplies that will use this small change you have left... Then don't regret it when you run out of food before payday cos you have new prettys to play with!

When you go to the doctors and get into a long conversation about how he lets his daughter paint his nails so she can practice (bless him!) and for a split second you forget what you're doing there when he asks what the problem is!!

When your at the point of paying for your weekly shop and you can't help looking at the cashiers nails...

Or looking at the colorful crisp packets thinking 'those colours look good together' and your partner thinks your crazy for taking a photo...

When your newest purchases arrive and you realise (shock horror) you have run out of colour wheels so your OH let's you paint his toenails as it's easier not to complain

When you cut your finger/hand while preparing food and think "well at least it missed my nail"

When a broken nail is no longer the end of the world, but a great excuse to change your nail colour!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

The first thing you look at is someone's nails, not their eyes

Your 5 year old son explains to his auntie what the eponychium is and how it's different to the cuticle

You see a picture of wine bottles laid out (promotion in store) and you think it's colour pops - and get excited

You relate anything possible to nails e.g someone mentions curly hair and you start talking about how sulphur cross links are also in your nails

Your best friend mentions her engagement ring and that she went with x metal instead of x and you start banging on about how your nails naturally produce metal - she was not amused

You're on SG reading this, writing a reply because you're a self confessed nail fanatic.

I agree with all the comments!

Personally I land up on line via Instagram till 1am in morning and zone out going through nail art and don't realize the time!
This happens a lot ...

Beauty at your finger tips!

You find pictures on other people's business pages and know exactly which design from pinterest/instagram they've based it on because you've been considering the same one.

You look at your colour wheel and try to justify why you NEED that new red. 8 variations of red do not cover all your clients needs....

While your friend talks techniques she's learning in her cake decorating class you wonder if the same could be used on nails.

Latest posts

Back