Your favourite and best way of advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belleshair

Reaction score
I know we have a great topic by Lynne on promoting your business.
But what's your fav and best form of advertising that works?
I'm considering an advert with a voucher in the local paper, but unsure if that is worth while??

X

At the moment its facebook & word of mouth for me :cool: But once i get my salon open itll be in the paper :lol:

I know we have a great topic by Lynne on promoting your business.
But what's your fav and best form of advertising that works?
I'm considering an advert with a voucher in the local paper, but unsure if that is worth while??

X

Hi Belleshair

Facebook and word of mouth as both free and work brilliantly
I tried newspaper advertising last year, had a block of 3 ads one in March then June then December and not one single call, honestly would save your money and try other methods
hth
Sarah x

Hi girls I'd steer clear of the newspaper advertising. Do you read the local paper? If so, did you respond to any of the adverts?

I don't think enough of your target audience read the paper, and if they do they might not even notice your ad.

I've done newspaper advertising. I think you'll get a much better return for your money advertising on google adwords.

Depending on how popular gumtree is in your area, that's a good one too.

Thanks, local paper is something I haven't tried but from majority of people saying its a waste of money I won't bother!

Just want my salon to show up in the county on google rather than just the town but I'm struggling with this any ideas anyone??

I'm always on gumtree but don't get many views on there! Xx

Yep - local newsapaper ads have never worked for us. Either for our salon or the design business in the early days. Radio advertising was even worse in terms of return on investment.

I design magazine adverts for people who have a specific aim/target and they seem to work, but I find that a combination of offline and online stuff (in conjunction) such as leaflets/facebook work really well.

I've contacted lots of schools that are having events raffles and have offered them 10% off treatmentxxx voucher for my nail services.. I posted on the noticeboard of Netmums offering them and i've had loads of responses and it's great as it's mostly for charity too. Even better the nail company I use provide free gift vouchers, so i'm not spending any money!

Our favourite is a leaflet drop or we send out packs to specific companies. More of a selective marketing campaign rather than mass market though. Also as others word of mouth works a treat :)

Thanks, local paper is something I haven't tried but from majority of people saying its a waste of money I won't bother!

Just want my salon to show up in the county on google rather than just the town but I'm struggling with this any ideas anyone??

I'm always on gumtree but don't get many views on there! Xx

Make sure you have your county in the text of your website - mention it a few times on your home page - but do it so it reads ok and not purposely put in. Then mark sure your county is in your meta tags - the title, description and keywords.

Hope this helps

1: Website
2: Word of Mouth
3: Leaflet Drop.

Everything else a total waste of time and money.

X

Website, word of mouth and twitter for me.

Facebook and word of mouth for me. I have also just placed a free ad on yell.com, first appointment made from that today.

Facebook a d word of mouth for me to! Both free as well! X

Do you leaflet drop yourselves or pay someone?

Has anyone noticed vista print are more expensive too!? Their prices have gone up.

Has anyone noticed vista print are more expensive too!? Their prices have gone up.

I leaflet drop myself on my day off because i'm always on a mission to lose weight so it's exercise and business in one!

For the girls who advertise on facebook have you ever had problems? where do you advertise on facebook? do you just have a page and ask people to share or do you post on selling pages? i've never really done it before because i always see people getting abuse on facebook and a few of my clients made comments about beauticians/ hairdressers that advertise on selling pages being tacky... but it seems like such a good idea. i don't really want to actually make appointments over facebook because i'm never in to check it and i wouldn't want people thinking i'm ignoring them x

1)iconic price list- you'll only ever get the consumer in with a memorable price list.
2)word of mouth xoxo

Vista print has gone up as most of there leaflets (mainly business cards) where lost leaders. Sold them cost/loss to get customer base built up.

I always found the quality to be horrendous but you do get what you pay for and I understand that not everyone has the money to spend when starting out so they did fit a purpose.

Now, on a like for like basis I wouldn't be surprised if we are cheaper.

This is helpful as my husbands just lost his job, so where I was planning on rebranding my logo and doing a leaflet drop I just can't afford to spend out anything that isn't critical.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Leaflet drop was a good thing for me, done a few now. my friends help me do it on a sunday and then we go to the pub after :wink2:

Yell.com also works for me and my website.

I have a fb page but would love to know how to get more from it xx

How many do you post to get people in? Say how many per 100 leaflets booked in?? Xx

Latest posts

Back