Your healthy snack ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy_Lu

Reaction score
Hi :)
I've just found out I'm pregnant (only a couple if weeks so early days!) and I'd like to overhaul my diet a bit - not to lose weight but just to cut out sugary additive-y foods. So I'm just after a little inspiration...what are your favourite healthy snacks?
Xx

I love rice crackers, carrot sticks with hummus and fruit :) congratulations on the pregnancy!!!!

100% natural peanut butter (I like the Meridian brand) on rice cakes.

Plain yoghurt such as yeo valley with fruit and crushed nuts is filling and nutritious.

Congratulations xx

Just remember that being pregnant means you can't eat certain foods. My Midwife gave me a link to the latest 'what you can't have' website. I'll dig it out and post it on here for you. X

100% natural peanut butter (I like the Meridian brand) on rice cakes.

My mum used to have peanut butter Sarnies & a glass of milk each day when she was pregnant with me. It's one of my favourite snacks now :D

I'd say stick to fruit, although it is high in sugar, it's fructose which is natural, just don't go overboard. :)

Also, if you like meat - wafer thin ham, or chicken breast.

My mum used to have peanut butter Sarnies & a glass of milk each day when she was pregnant with me. It's one of my favourite snacks now :D

I'd say stick to fruit, although it is high in sugar, it's fructose which is natural, just don't go overboard. :)

Also, if you like meat - wafer thin ham, or chicken breast.

I love peanut butter! I have to show some restraint as I buy the 1kg tubs of it. My other half has it as a snack on a banana, another good option.

I've heard of frozen grapes, not tried it myself but got some grapes today n will try it :)

Peanut butter and banana on toast is yum

Strawberries with yoghurt is nice too

Try not to go nuts on fruit though as you will naturally feel quite windy when pregnant and this will add to that if you eat too much (as I learned after a few days with 2 hours of wind pains each time booo).

Congratulations, good luck and well done on trying to eat healthier for the bump x

Thanks ladies :) I'm so excited.

This is actually our second but life was really unsettled and hard back when we had our first. But we're now married, in a financially better situation and life is much more settled. So I'm really looking forward to being able to just concentrate on enjoying this pregnancy.

Tomato and mozzarella salad today! Yum xx

I've heard of frozen grapes, not tried it myself but got some grapes today n will try it :)

Frozen grapes are amazing, it's like a mouthful of sorbet, yum yum!

Frozen grapes are amazing, it's like a mouthful of sorbet, yum yum!

How long in the freezer? Can you keep them in there n pick at them?

My favourite things are tomato pasta which I throw in grilled chicken/bacon/turkey rashers.

I love making fruit salads up either with some fruit juice or yoghurt.

I know it's not a a lot but I hope it helps for some healthy lunches :)

Congratulations xx I like raisins mixed in with a muller light yoghurt. Carrott sticks with hummus. Honey and mustard pasta with sliced up chicken xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I am pregnant I have a very strict diet because I want our baby to be healthy too. I also drink milk especially made for pregnant women and my favorite snack is vegetables and fruits. I love eating mango and banana. I also drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.

Latest posts

Back