Your thoughts - starting again with Wella or L'Oréal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cremeegg86

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been recently getting the confidence to get back into my hairdressing.
I went to the beauty supply store today and found the offering of colours overwhelming so I thought it might be best for me to pick one brand and concentrate on using that and getting to know the shades, therefore cutting out confusion.

I couldn't see any semis in Schwartzkof, therefore I thought either Wella or L'Oreal as there was a big range for each and loads of corresponding products etc.

I see a lot written about wella, but not so much L'Oréal (on here I mean). What would be your guys two cents? I use diarichesse on myself and my friends and do like it, but I do also like wella blondor.

Thanks guys!

I use Schwarzkopf (their vibrance range is their quasi range) people call it semi. I have used goldwell affinage wella Schwarzkopf and L'Oréal in my time and overall I prefer Schwarzkopf and wella

I was using Wella for years previously and I've recently changed to L'Oréal. I would never go back to Wella now. The L'Oréal
Colours are much more richer and I find the Wella colour bases not as nice as L'Oréal.

I've dipped in and out of different brands over the years - but L'Oreal has always been my constant.
Not sure if you are home or salon based, as L;Oreal will only supply direct to salon based - which could be why you see them mentioned less on this site.

The training they offer is second to none.....and you will need to refresh yourself, as things have changed massively in the last few years, especially in colour.
They have a fantastic academy in Hammersmith, but also offer some regional training.

If you are home based, you can still purchase L'Oreal at your local wholesalers, the price will not be so favorable, and they will not carry the full line of products - L'Oreals incentive to get you opening an account with them is that you get their full range of product's, marketing, and you don't need to pay up front - I believe you get 4-6 weeks grace!

Good Luck! :)

I use Schwarzkopf (their vibrance range is their quasi range) people call it semi. I have used goldwell affinage wella Schwarzkopf and L'Oréal in my time and overall I prefer Schwarzkopf and wella

Ah! I didn't but see vibrante in the shop so will have a little look at the colours online! I'm trying igora later 10-0 so will see what I think. What is it you prefer about them?

I was using Wella for years previously and I've recently changed to L'Oréal. I would never go back to Wella now. The L'Oréal
Colours are much more richer and I find the Wella colour bases not as nice as L'Oréal.

Interesting you say that as when I trained we used wella and I always thought the bases were rather flat - but I'm not experienced enough to know and I see gorgeous photos on here of work people have done!

I've dipped in and out of different brands over the years - but L'Oreal has always been my constant.
Not sure if you are home or salon based, as L;Oreal will only supply direct to salon based - which could be why you see them mentioned less on this site.

The training they offer is second to none.....and you will need to refresh yourself, as things have changed massively in the last few years, especially in colour.
They have a fantastic academy in Hammersmith, but also offer some regional training.

If you are home based, you can still purchase L'Oreal at your local wholesalers, the price will not be so favorable, and they will not carry the full line of products - L'Oreals incentive to get you opening an account with them is that you get their full range of product's, marketing, and you don't need to pay up front - I believe you get 4-6 weeks grace!

Good Luck! :)

Totally makes sense - I'm home based and so only see some options when in the local shop. I defo agree, I need a refresher, I remember the basics but I'm not confident applying anything outside of that, or doing something bespoke if that makes any sense.

I'll have a look at their refresher course. The local beauty supply is doing a wella colour contouring day for £5 so maybe they have more of a link with wella...

Thanks for the answer and the luck :)

Latest posts

Back