Yves Rocher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
Anyone use or tried skincare from Yves Rocher, what are your opinions ?:)

Hi, I haven't used much of the skincare range from Yves Rocher, however I have used the mascara for years and love it. Can't comment from a professional point of view, only as a consumer.

My gran used to use this stuff. I remember it in the bathroom years ago.

I personally as a pro wouldn't use anything you can buy retail on my clients but not sure what what angle you are asking pro or pers use?

Last edited:
I was asking for both professional and personal use:)

Ok from a pro point of view I have already said I definately wouldn't use it on clients.

I detest seeing any pro use COST (commercial off the shelf) products as part of any treatment and couldn't believe it when I had a facial years ago and she was using things you could buy in Boots!!

Secondly I wouldn't use it on my own skin either as I like higher end or professional products but that is just my own opinion and know some people like it.

My nana bought me some of these products for a pressies once.

Smell = yuk
Consistancy = cheap, sticky
Skin = rash and itchy

I didnt rate it at all

I have a feeling it's made by the same company as Pierre Ricaud.
The thing about these brands is that whilst I'm sure they've got similar active ingredients in them as pro products, people buy them mail order and so have little chance of actually buying the correct product for their skin.
Personally, as a therapist I too wouldn't use OTC products. It just doesn't have an air of professionalism about it.
People are not just buying a treatment; they're buying an experience, and if you use products they could get from Boots I feel that the experience is cheapened.
People love the idea of luxury and exclusivity; capitalise on that with salon only products!

Just looked up yves rocher and thus ild thread came up. I used to work for them many moons ago, I fact it was my first full time job a beauty therapist back in 94!
Did you know they used to have a chain of shops that were predominately for beauty treatments, using their own products.
The products were very good.
All plant based and at the time were well thought of.
I loved my seven years spent there, it was a very professional environment with lovely girls to work with and great training provided. I also gained my most reliable and affluent clients during this time.
I think the permanent offers they have on cheapen the brand.
I used to love the hydra vegetable body lotion! Ahh, the good old days!

Latest posts

Back