Zone 3 acrylic application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashTurps

Reaction score
When it comes to applying acrylic in zone 3 I apply without wiping brush when I have placed acrylic which seems to work as the bead is then wetter and I can ensure a more flush result however I always struggle with the corners on the thumb as the surface area is larger . That’s where my lifting seems to arise side walls and corners of thumbs any advice from an experienced nail tech would be appreciated.

Two things spring to mind...1) thumbs are much bigger so you might need to do it in 2 beads to ensure you get good coverage and bead consistency (try to make it too big and it will be too dry, too small and too wet)...2) Turn the thumb slightly so you definitely push the product on to the nail in those corners, it's easy to 'paint' it on as they are not easy to get to and you think it will be OK, but it won't, it needs pressing into place just as much as every other bead.

Well done for working out the problem and knowing it needs fixing

Two things spring to mind...1) thumbs are much bigger so you might need to do it in 2 beads to ensure you get good coverage and bead consistency (try to make it too big and it will be too dry, too small and too wet)...2) Turn the thumb slightly so you definitely push the product on to the nail in those corners, it's easy to 'paint' it on as they are not easy to get to and you think it will be OK, but it won't, it needs pressing into place just as much as every other bead.

Well done for working out the problem and knowing it needs fixing
Thanks for your advice since your last post a while ago I have got a lot better having a new good brush has helped massively and I stupidly wasn’t wiping my brush after applying beads so my application was so wet and because of this when I went onto the next zone I would end up dismantling everything I’d done in the before zone . You’re right in saying it takes time. But I am finding it easier Understand my faults . I have kept comparing my work to e filed nails and I need to learn to give myself a break , hand filing is more trickier and takes patience and time. Would you be able to please send me some photos of your work

Would you be able to please send me some photos of your work

Nope, my ego is far to fragile for criticism ;)

Google the 4 stages of learning, unconscious incompetence (you dont know anything about the skill), consious incompetence (you know what you should be doing but it's a struggle) conscious competence (you know what to do but it takes constant concentration) and finally unconsious competence (you can do it without thinking too much) - you're at part two so on track

I wouldn’t agree that hand filing is trickier than efiling, quite the opposite actually and you need to finish hand filing anyway.
Lots of techs use an efile mainly for debulking.
I often finish a set by handfiling only as it’s quicker

Trinity - Love the google 4 stages of learning .... I am CND L&P trained newbie and finding it a struggle, I practice loads on my lovely practice hand and got a couple of friends/clients, watch loads of youtube tutorials , young nails, suzy at nail career, nail hub, - think i have just turned a corner and finally at stage "conscious competence":) working towards stage 4 ;)

Latest posts

Back