Suntana/Nouvatan 12%, which is darker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetUsSpray

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
After reading so many good comments about Nouvatan I thought I'd better give it a go. I've just got my samples through, 8% and 12%. I normally wear Suntana either 8 or 10% and love them but because I have very pale Scottish skin I never tend to go any darker than the 10%. I like to try samples on myself and I'm wondering if the 12% Nouvatan would be too dark for me. Has anyone used both Suntana and Nouvatan 12%? How do they compare darkness wise? I also just want to say I'm very happy with Suntana and not planning on switching, I just wanted to try Nouvatan as it seems to be very popular on SG.
Thank u x.

It's probably worth you getting the sample pack from Nouvatan, I preferred Nouvatan on myself (only ever had suntana once done by someone else), it's ok but a bit orange for me whereas I can get away with up to 14% with Nouvatan. If its for you personally, try a sample as everyone is different, hth

It's probably worth you getting the sample pack from Nouvatan, I preferred Nouvatan on myself (only ever had suntana once done by someone else), it's ok but a bit orange for me whereas I can get away with up to 14% with Nouvatan. If its for you personally, try a sample as everyone is different, hth

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have the samples already and I'm planning on using one of them on myself tomorrow. Really just trying to decide between the 8% and 12%. I'm very pale and as I've never used the brand before I'm unsure if I would get away with the 12% if it's overly dark.

i would start with the lighter one first its better to go up x

Let us know how it compares with suntana . Nouvatan for me was a bit golden for me :(

You can mix same amount of 8% with 12% and you get 10%. X

I find the 8% a bit peachy, I always start on 10% for lighter tans, it's a lovely colour.

Thanks folks. I'm going to mix them and do a 10%. Doing it later tonight and looking forward to seeing what the fuss is all about. I'm expecting greatness going by all good reviews on here! Xx

I did a bridal party last week which included mum and two sisters for tans. I did mum and one of the sisters in Fake Bake Darker solution as they had skin that tanned fairly easily.

The other sister was alot paler and apparently doesn't tan very easily, sort of burns, then goes back to white or peels, so I tanned her in Nouvatan 10%.

Mum came for a treatment today said they loved all the tans but the nouvatan to them looked darker than the FB Darker solution ???

I did a bridal party last week which included mum and two sisters for tans. I did mum and one of the sisters in Fake Bake Darker solution as they had skin that tanned fairly easily.

The other sister was alot paler and apparently doesn't tan very easily, sort of burns, then goes back to white or peels, so I tanned her in Nouvatan 10%.

Mum came for a treatment today said they loved all the tans but the nouvatan to them looked darker than the FB Darker solution ???

Hmmm that's weird! I hope it's not too dark then as I've just sprayed myself with the 10% yikes! X

Just washed it off and I'm surprised at how light it is. Lovely natural colour just much lighter than 10%s I've used in the past. I think it's even lighter than Suntana's 8%! Like it though as I don't like my tans too dark x

Hi folks.
This is for those of you wanting a comparison between Suntana and Nouvatan. (I tested Nouvatan 10% on myself and a regular on Thu night. I normally use Suntana) I found Nouvatan to be much more of a golden colour (Suntana is more of an olive colour which i think i prefer)and a bit lighter than Suntana however I am happy with the colour and it didn't smell at all during development which is great. Also I found I used slightly less solution with Nouvatan.
This is the text I received from my regular: "new tan defo no smell and not sticky at all but actually think on me the colour is way more orange than the usual one. I prefer the normal one if I had to choose"
Can't compare the fade off yet as its not started to go yet. Xx

Thank you for letting us geeks know how these two solutions compared. I thought it may have just been me not liking the golden colour so much. I really wanted to love it because of other positive things about nouvatan and their customer service etc x

Latest posts

Back