Anybody used Louise Walsh International make-up brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just emailed groupon I willlet you know how long they take to get back to me!

I said in my email that If they don't respond to me within 5 working days I will be going to trading standards.

Will keep you posted.

Ringing them is probably quicker but I was queuing for about 20 minutes. It was a total waste of time as apparently her 'manager is looking into it' and they claim they'll call me back.

But at the moment, they want me to return it before they'll refund me, but neither they nor I have any return address!

Surely, as this is in breach of trading standards as well, i should not have to cover the expense of the return? I feel so conned.

maybe we should all drop an email to Watchdog about this - it's Watchdog who have covered Groupon's bad publicity in the past - perhaps people need to know about this terrible service and the scam that Louise Walsh seem to have pulled - it is very deceptive and misleading and as a consumer, I am also pretty hacked off....

I'd be happy to do this too

Think it's a good idea if we all email watchdog and trading standards and groupon. Mine still haven't arrived!!! Does anyone who's already complained to watchdog etc have a template letter wr can use I'm useless at wording for things like that

I ordered the louise walsh brushes on groupon and been waiting 10 days now but after reading numerous complaints about them and then finding out that the foundation brush they show you in the picture doesnt actually come with the set, I straight away emailed groupon asking to cancel my order and to get a full refund. They emailed me back a few hours later and refunded me yeey!

If your still waiting on them, dont wait any longer and then be dissapointed when they arrive just email groupon and get a refund now and buy better make up brushes else where! Im going with one of the mac foundation brush, good quality, good make & no disappointment.

I have again written to Groupon asking for a refund to my credit card and if this is not done by close of business on Monday 26th September, I will be informing Trading Standards, Watchdog and the Advertising Standard Authority. I am not prepared to wait any longer for these sub standard items. This will be a month since I ordered the goods. I have informed them they are in breach of the Distance Selling Regulations. Will update here when I hear more, wish I had paid by paypal !

I wish I'd just told them they hadn't show up. Now I don't know what to do as neither Groupon nor I know where to return these ****ty brushes to.

Looking at distance selling regs, they are required to cover the cost of return in the case of an incorrect or faulty item being sent. Will call Groupon again and some point, insist on speaking to someone more senior and refuse to get off the line until its sorted out.

I wish you luck c1emen7s, I never get an answer when I ring them. I have just had enough of this company and wish I had never ordered in the first place.

If Groupon can't provide you with an address, you will have to keep the brushes until they do or return them to Groupon, but make sure you send them recorded delivery so you have a receipt.

Omg it's on groupon (derby) again...

Hopefully most people that are thinking of buying will do a google search first and see this thread. That will give them 2nd thoughts.

Hi all, I'm not a professional but I did get duped into ordering these brushes (even though my husband was sceptical!). Anyhow, have still not received the brushes and have today written to Groupon with the following:

'I am writing to ask for a FULL REFUND. I am very angry, having still not received my items. Today I looked at a thread on www.salongeek.com about this very subject (I suggest you do the same) and have now realised that this is a con and I demand a refund. I DO NOT want the goods, since it would appear that they are sub-standard. Money back is all I'm prepared to accept. If I do not hear back from you, I too will be writing to Watchdog and Trading Standards (if you care to look at Salongeek you'll see others are doing this too). I'd be concerned if I were you as many have also said they won't be using Groupon again and once I receive my FULL REFUND, WHICH WILL INCLUDE POSTAGE AND PACKING, I will be unsubscribing to Groupon. I feel foolish for believing this scam and both Groupon and Loiuse Walsh should be ashamed with offering such a low standard of service. Farce!

Note to self: IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT MOST LIKELY IS!

I expect a reply from you soonest.'

I'll let you know how I get on but as it's Saturday I don't expect anything until Monday.

Wish me luck! (and good luck to all who want a refund!)

Hi everyone

I use jane Iredale brushes (which can work out quite expensive but they are fantastic).

I bought a set of brushes a couple of years ago from Ebay for my own personal use, the company was JC Nadia. I still use them now.

I recently bought another set of brushes for training from them and the quality is excellent for the price of £24.99

JcNadiaParis.com - Product Range

Michelle

Attachments

• Brushes1.jpg
    Brushes1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Brushes 2.jpg
    Brushes 2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 228
  • Brushes 3.jpg
    Brushes 3.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Brushes4.jpg
    Brushes4.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Brushes5.jpg
    Brushes5.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for the heads up on these brushes Michelle, when I get my money refunded I think I will buy these. Good to have a recommendation.

At the moment I feel very cheated by Groupon !

Oh - postie been today and guess what NO BRUSHES - so much for waiting another 7 days !!

Hi geeks,
so glad i come across this thread as i was about to buy the brush set for my make up course in October.
thanks geeks :hug:

Just got a response to my second email from groupon and I should have a full refund within 5 days yey!!

I just got a reply my groupon and they said they were going to refund me!

I recived my brushes but said they were awful quality and I feel like I have been conned!

Good luck every1 else, I bet they have had so much agro over this!

I just got a reply my groupon and they said they were going to refund me!

I recived my brushes but said they were awful quality and I feel like I have been conned!

Good luck every1 else, I bet they have had so much agro over this!

The service is so erratic. Some people are getting refunds and others not. Have you been asked to return them?

Plus, I just got another email saying before they refund me they need me to cancel the order with Louise Walsh and to cc them in. MAYBE I COULD IF LOUISE WALSH HAD AN EMAIL.

This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
The service is so erratic. Some people are getting refunds and others not. Have you been asked to return them?

Plus, I just got another email saying before they refund me they need me to cancel the order with Louise Walsh and to cc them in. MAYBE I COULD IF LOUISE WALSH HAD AN EMAIL.

This is ridiculous.

nope didnt ask me to return them! i reckon she will email me again and say sorry you need to return them, I think they have had so many emails sent there getting refused!

I wouldn't use those brushes to paint my room let alone use them to apply make-up to a client hahaha xx

I have received yet another e mail this morning from Groupon. I wrote on Friday requesting an immediate refund as the goods still had not arrived.

They have told me that they cannot refund me or cancel the order as ANOTHER batch of brushes has recently been despatched. "Louise Walsh International have been dispatching large volumes of orders throughout the last week so you should be receiving it very soon." I was told this last week too.

I am losing patience now. What is "very soon" ? Don't they keep a note of which orders have been despatched? I ordered these brushes in August!
Time now to take further action!

Hi sunshinedoll. Did you read my posting? I have received nothing, not even an acknowledgement of my email. I thought I may have kicked them into gear but......nowt! Which email address did you use please? Like you, I'm losing my patience!

Thanks
Miffy

Latest posts

Back