Best hairdressing scissors?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eloise

Reaction score
Im wanting to get some new scissors but not sure what brand to go with, does anyone have any recommendations? I currently have jaguar ones but iv had these since i started hair and iv just completed my level 3 so im wanting to upgrade and get some that are going to last me a long time, i have been looking at the kasho silver series but just wondered what other people are using :)

I've got a pair of Jaguar and a pair of Joewell. Both are offset blades as I find these more comfortable to use. Neither were cheap but of the two, I use the Jaguar the most. With scissors, it's really what feels good for you. There's no one perfect pair that suits everyone. I have large hands and I find the balance and weight of the Jaguar pair suit me better overall and they also have convex blades, which I prefer.

Most wholesalers only carry a limited stock so if possible, I recommend going to a hair show and picking up the scissors and see what they feel like in your hand.

I will have a look into the hair shows and see when ans where they are, i think i want offset ones as the ones i have at the minute are not and they do make my hand ache, thanks for your advice!

also will there be scissors at every hair show or is it specific ones?

I have kasho green series, their super sharp, and comfortable, definitely worth investing a bit more as they'll last you for years.

Kasho [emoji139]

Latest posts

Back