Dark solution and pale skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
I haven't sprayed with a dark solution in a long time but I want to try it again coming to summer.
Any advice for spraying pale skin with 12.5% solution?
Pleassssssseeeee

My daughter is very pale but insists on a darker shade than she really should have for her colouring. It goes on fine and looks lovely, but fade off is very noticeable! After a week she looks like she's got vitiligo! She's prepared to live with this to achieve the colour she wants though! Btw I use Crazy Angel 9% on her, not the 13% - that would probably look ridiculous on her! (In my opinion, Crazy Angel 9% is as dark as 10% in a lot of other ranges). Hth

LOL!!!!
That's exactly why I use only 10% on my self! It goes on gorgeous medium tan but my face goes black imagine what 12.5% will be like!! I feel like if I put on 12.5% it will be ratchet!!!
It's fading on my legs and I moisturise everyday and the fading looks horrible cause I'm so pale that the difference in the tan and my skin is awful! But I really want to be a bit darker so I might just have to settle for two spray's of medium instead of one spray of dark!
I was gonna buy 12.5% but thinking of the fade of on my skin it's not worth it!

Last edited:
I use crazy angel 13% and i have pale skin, its the best fading tan i've tried xx

I use crazy angel 13% and i have pale skin, its the best fading tan i've tried xx

Crazy Angel is fab. It always seems to fade off everyone else very evenly. (Me included) I think it's just my daughter's skin as she has trouble keeping foundation on too!

My daughters the same, even if she uses a lower % it fades awful with any solution. It devastates her because shes 16 and at the age where she wants tans ect. But she has issues with skin problems so i think it has something to do with that xx

My daughters the same, even if she uses a lower % it fades awful with any solution. It devastates her because shes 16 and at the age where she wants tans ect. But she has issues with skin problems so i think it has something to do with that xx

She sounds very similar to my daughter - same age as well! Does she find it fades quicker as well? My daughters lucky to get 5 days before it starts looking very patchy where everyone else I spray, myself included get at least 7+ days. She uses the Tan Eraser to remove the worst of it but it makes her skin a bit sore as it's abrasive. X

She sounds very similar to my daughter - same age as well! Does she find it fades quicker as well? My daughters lucky to get 5 days before it starts looking very patchy where everyone else I spray, myself included get at least 7+ days. She uses the Tan Eraser to remove the worst of it but it makes her skin a bit sore as it's abrasive. X
Yeah she only gets about 2 days of it looking nice. Then a few days later it looks awful. We use tan eraser too they are amazing. I stock them to sell to clients xx

I am very pale, red hair and freckly and I use LDN skins tone 4 and now Suntana V dark with booster drops added.
I have dehydrated/dry skin anyway but if I moisturise every day and regularly exfoliate with my tan eraser they look great.
Suntana is more drying and wear off not as good as LDN skins but for the price it's a great tan

Last edited:
LOL!!!!
That's exactly why I use only 10% on my self! It goes on gorgeous medium tan but my face goes black imagine what 12.5% will be like!! I feel like if I put on 12.5% it will be ratchet!!!
It's fading on my legs and I moisturise everyday and the fading looks horrible cause I'm so pale that the difference in the tan and my skin is awful! But I really want to be a bit darker so I might just have to settle for two spray's of medium instead of one spray of dark!
I was gonna buy 12.5% but thinking of the fade of on my skin it's not worth it!
Well Ash, i've been trialling white to brown on myself. I've had it on 5 days now and im well impressed. Fade off is lovely i have no patchyness at all. I've only got the 10% on so i'm going to get a bottle of 12.5 next week and spray myself in that. I think im gunna use it along side crazy angel in the salon xx

Oooooohhhhh. If only I got commission for this lol!!!! So pleased it is a gorgeous tan!
I can't wait to see how you feel about 12.5%!!! Please do let us know....
Did you moisturize everyday? I literally get 6 days out of Whitetobrown literally scrub it of on the 7th...

Oooooohhhhh. If only I got commission for this lol!!!! So pleased it is a gorgeous tan!
I can't wait to see how you feel about 12.5%!!! Please do let us know....
Did you moisturize everyday? I literally get 6 days out of Whitetobrown literally scrub it of on the 7th...
Yeah i moisturize every day when i get out of the shower with my crazy angel wing smoother. Can't wait to try the 12.5%. I shall let you know how it turns out :) xx

Yeah i moisturize every day when i get out of the shower with my crazy angel wing smoother. Can't wait to try the 12.5%. I shall let you know how it turns out :) xx

AAHHH I've goosebumps!!!

A great thing about whitetobrown is the 250ml bottles for sampling! You get like 2 or so full body's out of them!

Well Ash, i've been trialling white to brown on myself. I've had it on 5 days now and im well impressed. Fade off is lovely i have no patchyness at all. I've only got the 10% on so i'm going to get a bottle of 12.5 next week and spray myself in that. I think im gunna use it along side crazy angel in the salon xx

That's interesting about White to Brown as I did a training course with them last year (although I was already trained in Sienna X my daughter wanted to do a course so I did it with her). Although the course was great all 6 of us on the course felt our tans were barely noticeable so it put me off trying it again. We used different % as well, so I wouldn't have thought it was a dodgy batch.

That's interesting about White to Brown as I did a training course with them last year (although I was already trained in Sienna X my daughter wanted to do a course so I did it with her). Although the course was great all 6 of us on the course felt our tans were barely noticeable so it put me off trying it again. We used different % as well, so I wouldn't have thought it was a dodgy batch.
Ooo i best hurry up and try the 12.5 incase its not very dark. The 10 is a nice colour so im keeping my hopes up. Crazy angel is still my favourite, i just wanted another solution in salon so people can have a choice xx

AAHHH I've goosebumps!!!

A great thing about whitetobrown is the 250ml bottles for sampling! You get like 2 or so full body's out of them!
I only use 50ml a tan.so i'll get 5 out of a bottle. Maybe thats why you are getting patchy fade and a black face xx

Ooo i best hurry up and try the 12.5 incase its not very dark. The 10 is a nice colour so im keeping my hopes up. Crazy angel is still my favourite, i just wanted another solution in salon so people can have a choice xx

That's exactly what I was hoping to do! At the moment I'm trialing Moroccan Tan as well. I like it but not sure it's any better than Crazy Angel and it's more expensive, but it can be rinsed off after 2 hours, which is a plus. I haven't tried Crazy Angel's Express Tan yet though, have you?

Maybe so! I never taught I used too much solution tho! cause even when I get a spray tan by a therapist and she charges €30 it still goes patchy on my pits and she uses whitetobrown.

12.5% is dark dark well for me anyway! I'm dying to hear what @donnamich thinks about it!!

Has anyone here used DHA booster drops? I would love to try them!

That's exactly what I was hoping to do! At the moment I'm trialing Moroccan Tan as well. I like it but not sure it's any better than Crazy Angel and it's more expensive, but it can be rinsed off after 2 hours, which is a plus. I haven't tried Crazy Angel's Express Tan yet though, have you?
I haven't tried the express tan yet, i have the suntana express but no one asks for it so i havent bothered getting anymore in. I might get a bottle just to use on myself. I hate leaving tan on 8 hours xx

Maybe so! I never taught I used too much solution tho! cause even when I get a spray tan by a therapist and she charges €30 it still goes patchy on my pits and she uses whitetobrown.

12.5% is dark dark well for me anyway! I'm dying to hear what @donnamich thinks about it!!

Has anyone here used DHA booster drops? I would love to try them!
Ive never known any brand recommend using over 50ml. And if they did, i wouldnt use it as it would eat into your profit sooo much. All you need is a light covering on the skin, it should just shine slightly, not look wet. I use booster drops with LA tan as i have a couple of clients that like being really dark and it saves me buying a full litre just for them xx

Latest posts

Back