Do Mobile/Home Therapists Advertise In Yellow Pages?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do home/mobile therapists advertise in Yellow Pages?

• Yes, I have a free line listing

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Yes, I have paid for an ad

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • No, I'm not in the Yellow Pages

Votes: 18 33.3%

• Total voters

The Guild

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Just trying to find out a bit more about how you promote yourselves. If you run a mobile business, or a home salon, do you advertise in Yellow Pages? If so, is this a free listing or a paid for one?

Do you think these ads work for you?

Thanks for your help.

yes i advertise on Yell.com and alot of my clients come throught it, so the cost of the advert has paid for itself!! xx:hug:

Not sure how I should vote.....I have always had a paid for advert in the directory with a free listing online, but I havn't renewed it this year as I have found that recently I have had far more clients from my website than from the yellow pages directory...it just wasn't worth the £300 and odd they wanted!:)

Yes I have paid for my ad's, this last year with Thomson and with Yellow Pages the year before. I had more clients through YP although I get much more through my website, leaflets and word of mouth so I may not renew it this year.

I have a large colour ad in YP and an enhanced listing on yell.com - both work and bring in plenty of biz, but I am keeping a close eye on it. The YP is expensive and as long as it's doing the job I don't mind but if business comes via a different route I'll review it.....

I have an advert in YP and a free line entry on Yell.com. Last year I got one client from YP and two hoax callers and this year I have had one client that has been and had a treatment. Its been very disappointing. I am considering cancelling it this year.

I have just cancelled my yellow pages advert. Throughout the year, I had two people ring me from yellow pages, one never showed up and the other has only been once. Way too expensive for what it is.

I paid the same money to my local radio for some advertising bits and had much better results.

My best advert though......... Recommend a Friend!! I cannot tell you how much word of mouth has worked for me. It started with me doing my mother-in-laws nails and it has just expanded since then.

I took out a bigger ad in the yellow pages to focus on particular treatments I want to push - but so far - so crap.

I will just take a small box next year. (its enough - do customers REALLY go for a fancy ad? I used to think so but not so sure now)

Yell.com is great - I get lots of emails from it.

I have a free online listing with yellow pages. I get a few calls from it. I don't think I'd pay for a yellow pages ad in the phone book. All the advertising I've ever done is free. - Noticeboards, online directories.

I voted yes, because I will be in the yellow pages when they come out later this year.

I'm getting a small business card sized ad. Big enough to stand out, but I don't think having a bigger ad than this will bring any more calls than the small one.

I wasn't in them this year, I called them one week too late for the deadline, so hopefully it will work for me this year.

I only pay for a slightly bigger ad in the YP which means i can put on my website.

In my area there is only 2 of us who have websites, so most of my clients look in the YP get my website then phone me.

I'd say at least half of my clients come through the YP and half get me searching online through Google, Lycos and MSN searches, so a website is definitely a major part in getting clients to notice you.

I voted yes, but when the new book comes out I will not be in there. I've also canceled my ad on yell.com(it was only a free one) because I started getting too many pervy calls(even though I'm listed under beauty and not massage-thought that would keep them at bay, but no!) It just got to be too much and not worth it anymore. :cry:

I did get a few calls from yell.com/yellow pages but normally they were for nails-which I don't do anyway.

hi

I have a few ad in yellow pages/com- I found I've had about ten clients from it, but the thing that drives me mad is I get alot of calls fom company's trying to sell me stuff which I don't want.

i did pay for an add for a yr and it didnt get me anything , so now i just have a free line listing :green:

I have a free listing on Yellow Pages and a paid for listing on Yell.com. Yell.com seems to be bringing me the most business to date.

I have a free listing on yell.com and I advertise anywhere I can for free. I dont pay for advertising as I lost alot of money in the first year of my buisness by advertising with a web based company (ufindus) that just kept hassling me all the time, and I ended up paying 20 pound a month for nothing, as i got no clients from them :mad:. It has really put me off paying for advertising. I find leaflet drops, mail shots and my website work excellently.

Yes I have for the first time taken up the yellow pages free add and no I won't do it again, I have not had any work from it but have been bombarded with calls from so called charities trying to part me from my money:irked:

Latest posts

Back