Elite99 gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The person is the professional not the product your getting a professional service for your nails.

The person is the professional not the product your getting a professional service for your nails.
I have nail snobbery and can't agree, I want professional products applied by a professional, I like to think if I go for a treatment, nails, hair, or any kind of "luxury" treatment that I'm getting what I pay for, not a £2 gel polish from eBay

I disagree, I would be mortified if I turned up for a massage and got Boots own branded massage oils, or hair coloured with a home branded packet dye and the same goes for nail products - I feel cheap enough as it is on the odd occasion that a client brings their own polish - I do however still charge as if I were applying my Shellac.

Why wouldn't a professional apply professional products, what exactly are professional products for if pros aren't going to use them?

-was going to go on a major rant but stopped myself-

This is an ongoing constant debate on here. People like what they like and will pay for the sevice, the technician and how good they look and how long they last etc regardless of products used.
People purchase creme de la mer and other purchase lacura like we have aldi and waitrose

Not how good the technican looks i meant how good the nails look haha

I disagree, I would be mortified if I turned up for a massage and got Boots own branded massage oils, or hair coloured with a home branded packet dye and the same goes for nail products - I feel cheap enough as it is on the odd occasion that a client brings their own polish - I do however still charge as if I were applying my Shellac.

Why wouldn't a professional apply professional products, what exactly are professional products for if pros aren't going to use them?

I SO AGREE WITH YOU BUT WHEN YOU HAVE OVER 100 GOOD QUALITY POLISHES JUST SAT THERE AND YOUR DUSTING THEM OFF AS THEY WANT THE 10 RANGE THEN IT IS BETTER TO BE USING CHEAPER PRODUCTS and they are being used

I SO AGREE WITH YOU BUT WHEN YOU HAVE OVER 100 GOOD QUALITY POLISHES JUST SAT THERE AND YOUR DUSTING THEM OFF AS THEY WANT THE 10 RANGE THEN IT IS BETTER TO BE USING CHEAPER PRODUCTS and they are being used
I didn't say they had to be highly priced professional products but they should surely be professional?

I just wouldn't be buying a full range of colours that are available in Boots, Superdrug etc

I have however used shop branded matt top coat simply because CND don't have one, if they did, I would use theirs.

Not how good the technican looks i meant how good the nails look haha
I don't do it to look good, I post pictures of my work, not the branded labels - the quality speaks for itself, I don't need to brag or make myself look good!

Emily thats not what i ment i mean like the end result of the nails like the finish thats what i meant the quality. Gosh

I didn't say they had to be highly priced professional products but they should surely be professional?

I just wouldn't be buying a full range of colours that are available in Boots, Superdrug etc

I have however used shop branded matt top coat simply because CND don't have one, if they did, I would use theirs.
I have nail snobbery and can't agree, I want professional products applied by a professional, I like to think if I go for a treatment, nails, hair, or any kind of "luxury" treatment that I'm getting what I pay for, not a £2 gel polish from eBay

You tell me what professional product is cheap enough for us all up and coming nail techs because I know atm I can't afford £xx a bottle off gelish opi CND etc I use elite99 because atm that's all I can afford to purchase, and my few clients I have are pretty impressed with it, all this about allergic reactions is confusing because at the end off the day I've never seen it? Surely these clients with reactions are completing a client consultation card?? And for insurance purposes? you need these so you know what medications they are on?? I agree it's not so much the products but the professional service they are getting!!

[no trade prices please]

Last edited by a moderator:
You tell me what professional product is cheap enough for us all up and coming nail techs because I know atm I can't afford £xx a bottle off gelish opi CND etc I use elite99 because atm that's all I can afford to purchase, and my few clients I have are pretty impressed with it, all this about allergic reactions is confusing because at the end off the day I've never seen it? Surely these clients with reactions are completing a client consultation card?? And for insurance purposes? you need these so you know what medications they are on?? I agree it's not so much the products but the professional service they are getting!!

I'm a student and can't afford CND but I save every penny until I can buy a few at a time I've never been tempted to buy from eBay I want to use the best I can on clients! Just cos you haven't seen any reactions, you've maybe just been lucky. It does happen.

I'm a student and can't afford CND but I save every penny until I can buy a few at a time I've never been tempted to buy from eBay I want to use the best I can on clients! Just cos you haven't seen any reactions, you've maybe just been lucky. It does happen.

If you prep etc you shouldn't have reactions and if you do client cards and they don't let you know then it's down to the client not the tech! That's why I ask always if they have had reactions to nail products and ask them to sign it! It's the professional service that counts here! I use skintruth for my facials Mani and pedi lots off people will say never use this blar blar!
At the end off the day all people have opinions mine is that I will use elite99 until I'm more established and can afford the more expensive over priced gels that do the same as the cheaper ones !!

If you prep etc you shouldn't have reactions and if you do client cards and they don't let you know then it's down to the client not the tech! That's why I ask always if they have had reactions to nail products and ask them to sign it! It's the professional service that counts here! I use skintruth for my facials Mani and pedi lots off people will say never use this blar blar!
At the end off the day all people have opinions mine is that I will use elite99 until I'm more established and can afford the more expensive over priced gels that do the same as the cheaper ones !!
Why makes you think the more expensive gels are overpriced?

Why makes you think the more expensive gels are overpriced?

tell me where u can buy a "Professional " Gel for under £xx.xx

[Moderator note: trade prices removed]

tell me where u can buy a "Professional " Gel for under £xx.xx

INK London are fab and under £xx, you don't have to spend a fortune

I really don't think you understand the causes of allergic reactions and sensitivities.

Ink London are under a xxxxx.
Ibd is not much more.
Artistic colour gloss is cheaper than CND and gelish.
In regards to reactions it's about cumulative overexposure to products with high level of photo initiators. Customer may not react for a long time but when they do you've lost that long term client and given them a life long allergy.
Honestly at that price you are making a loss. Why don't you get a job in a salon? At least you'll make minimum wage then which you aren't now.
Unless it's your secondary job doing nails?

Latest posts

Back