Elite99 gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think you understand the causes of allergic reactions and sensitivities.

I really think I do!! It's a reaction to the uncured gel the sticky residue that untrained techs spread all over the skin and do not clean it properly causing skin to react to it same as the acrylic liquid if used too much near the cuticle causing reaction in a way ur nails are telling you no more! Any product not used with care, will cause burns or reaction itching sensitivity and soreness!

I'm a trained nail tech so don't tell me I don't understand allergic reactions because I do!!!

Ink London are under a tenner.
Ibd is not much more.
Artistic colour gloss is cheaper than CND and gelish.
In regards to reactions it's about cumulative overexposure to products with high level of photo initiators. Customer may not react for a long time but when they do you've lost that long term client and given them a life long allergy.
Honestly at that price you are making a loss. Why don't you get a job in a salon? At least you'll make minimum wage then which you aren't now.
Unless it's your secondary job doing nails?

No it's my own business and I'm not making a loss why would I work in a salon?? I understand reactions to gels I've been fully trained, what I'm saying is any product will give reaction if not used properly whether it's £20 or £3.00, unless u patch test u won't know till the person has had it applied! And I never heard of patch testing on nails like we do for tinting or glues used?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I please remind everyone that we DO NOT share trade prices on this forum.

Why makes you think the more expensive gels are overpriced?

Because I've had them on myself and didn't look any better or last any longer!!

You tell me what professional product is cheap enough for us all up and coming nail techs because I know atm I can't afford £xx a bottle off gelish opi CND etc I use elite99 because atm that's all I can afford to purchase, and my few clients I have are pretty impressed with it, all this about allergic reactions is confusing because at the end off the day I've never seen it? Surely these clients with reactions are completing a client consultation card?? And for insurance purposes? you need these so you know what medications they are on?? I agree it's not so much the products but the professional service they are getting!!

[no trade prices please]

INK London is fantastic and their prices are brilliant. They're a pro only brand.

Latest posts

Back