Ewwww! What has been your grossest experience in beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number1kitty

Reaction score
I teach and sell tan equipment, and one of the girls I trained rang me up on Tuesday to tell me a tan she did on Friday as part of a bridal trial had gone wrong.

Apparently the tan had gone really patchy on her legs. She then told me the full story and the concluding converstaion with the client.

When the girl arrived to do the tan the client had rushed home from shopping. The tan was applied (correct precare advice given) and the client got dressed and rushed straight out for yet more shopping.

Anyway the next day the girl text this client to ask if she was happy (this was Sat) and she got no reply. On Tuesday the client rang her to tell her the tan had rubbed off on everything and was now patchy on her legs. In all fairness by day 5 in the weather we currently have had would be perfectly normal. The girl asked the client how soon she showered to which the client told her that she has not yet washed the tan off!!!!!!

The weather alone is enough to make me want to shower twice a day, and especially with the bronzer on my skin I can't wait to get it off. All I thought was Eeeewwwww and my boyfriends wondering how soon she would leave it until she went green!

I was wondering what your grossest moment has been with a client. When I had my shop the landlady used to come for bikini waxes and all my staff used to make excuses and hide when she 'popped in'! I was always left to do them and would reel in horror. A day of work and perhaps a weak bladder and an evening with her partner were evident. The room was always pungeunt for hours after.

I have done thousands and thousands of brazilians and hollywoods and never ever had a problem apart from this one simple bikini wax. I know we can all get a bit hot and bothered there, hence I offered baby wipes and disposable underwear which she always said she did not need to use! :eek:

Am I the only one thats felt grossed out by people.........

gross!!!!!!! now i know why i dont wax!!!! hahaha!!!

waxing my wifes nostrels :eek:

i did a bikini wax and had to trim first as the hairs were very long. As i cut them, some of the hairs flew up and stuck to my lipgloss and one even went in my mouth!!

The client was lying flat and had no idea but i had to excuse myself for a minute and go and sort myself out. It was horrific but has taught me a lesson - lean right back, hold the ends of every single hair i am trimming and don't wear lipgloss!

I have also heard of a similar thing happening to someone, but with toenail clippings rather than hairs - i don't know which is worse!

The client was lying flat and had no idea but i had to excuse myself for a minute and go and sort myself out. It was horrific but has taught me a lesson - lean right back, hold the ends of every single hair i am trimming and don't wear lipgloss!

and dont forget to turn the fan heater off :lol::lol::lol:

Yep i have an 'Ewwww story'

A few weeks back i went to do a pamper night and there was a group of the ladies there. One of the ladies when she stepped into the tent i could instantly smell poo and had to hold my breath whilst spraying her and it doesnt get any better when i asked the lady to lift her arms up .... Yes hairy armpits and i dont even mean tiny hairs must have been at least 2 inches long. Bikini line hair at least 2 inches long. She looked as though she hadnt bathed and did smell very bad.

This is probably the worst tan ive ever done and couldnt wait to get out the house after that!

So glad i dont have one of these stories!!! The worst it ever got for me was having to trim a lady for bikini wax and then to get end up with hair in my wax pot. This client now has her own wax pot and i learnt a valuable lesson!!

Im sure my time will come though.

Well I have had a gross moment with a client but I think i'm best off keeping that confidential!
Another thing that happened to me was gross and my own stupid fault!
I was doing a regular pedicure on a client one who i had been visiting for years. Everything went as per usual until i made the mistake of getting to engrossed in conversation and not on what i was doing. At the time i was clipping her toe nails and had not covered the blades of the clippers. Silly mistake i know. So a piece of toe nail ended up shooting and hitting me in the eye. Ouch it really hurt made my eye water alot but i continued throughout the day and did'nt have to much of a problem.
It was 9pm before i had finished that day. So after cleaning all my kit i decided that an early night was in order. Well everytime i went to close my eyes it was so painful and it felt like a really bright light was being shone in to it. It just would'nt stop watering!!
After 3 hours i had no choice but to visit A&E it was sooo bad. I was there for 4 hours and eventually they extracted a tiny piece of my clients toes nail from my eye!!! YUK!!! Yes indeed!! x

ok I am lucky as I dont do anything intimate only hair and nails but....I had a couple people where its that greasy it absolotely stinks. Also ive had this nit infestation and u have never seen anything like it i mean it was crawling and they were massive (obviously I pointed it out and made a quick exit..)I dont understand how people have booked and not known about this!! As for the grease I just say I think I need to shampoo and when the warm water does on the stench that comes off the head is enough to make u gag!!! Grose he he x

OMG, these stories are really making me go eugh, but I want to hear more. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

I sprayed tanned a client who wasn't smelling particulary nice. She was one of those that you could tell didn't really take care of herself.
Oh well i thought, it will only take a few minutes and it will be over.
Then, i asked her to put her one leg forward so i could get the inside of her leg. Oh god. Her pants were stained and so were the inside of her legs. :eek:
I didn't know if I should say something or not. I chose not to as i didn't want to embarrass her and so just carried on but felt really uncomfortable as i still wasn't sure if i should say something.
Oh the things we have to put up with sometimes!

Oh my! I just had lunch lol!

As gross as these things are, you should try being a nurse if you want gross!
Being vomited on, sh*at on, bled on - it all happened. During my time in A and E I had all those things happen to me, including a poor man who came in looking very pale carrying a margarine tub. It transpired that he had ripped his googlies off during some perverse sex game and he put them in a tub asking me if we could sew them back on.
And that's why I left nursing!

As gross as these things are, you should try being a nurse if you want gross!
Being vomited on, sh*at on, bled on - it all happened. During my time in A and E I had all those things happen to me, including a poor man who came in looking very pale carrying a margarine tub. It transpired that he had ripped his googlies off during some perverse sex game and he put them in a tub asking me if we could sew them back on.

LOL all that in one small margerine tub :eek:

I could imagine that being a nurse must certainly be an eye opener on human behaviour..we can be quiet disgusting creatures at times.:irked:

Louise Pridmore(one of our trainers) is also a prison warden and some of the stories she has mentioned simply go beyond belief.:eek:

I recall one such story where she had to dodge flying poo which was hurled at her.....good job shes quick on her feet :lol:

oh my calla! <BLEURGH!>

, including a poor man who came in looking very pale carrying a margarine tub. It transpired that he had ripped his googlies off during some perverse sex game and he put them in a tub asking me if we could sew them back on.

Just been thinking about this guy and wondering :idea:

Did you managed to save his dignity and what the heck was he up to exactly when he lost them in the first place.....how the hell do you rip these things off:eek:

PMSL i know these are disgusting but they are dead funny too!

I had a new client in for a full body massage and told the gentleman to remove all clothing except for his pants and how to lie on the couch. We had a bit of a conversation whereby he said he could take it all off but i insisted he kept it on. Well during the back massage he decided he needed to scratch his backside, leaving his pants halfway down and showing a long piece of blue toilet paper coming out of the crack. Gross!

I too have also had the toe nail on the lip before :eek:

When i worked in the salon i was pregnant and had a bit of a thing for chicken cuppa soups at lunch time! The girl i worked with was doing a bikini wax and once she had finished she said "god what time is it?, have you already had your lunch" it was only 10am and it turns out the smell was NOT my chicken cuppa soup :smack:
she felt quite sick for the rest of the day x

Oh my what have I started lol! Chicken cuppa soup ~ bet you didnt eat them again lol!

Do you think this thread needs a warning on it lol!

I have had a woman let one go during a brazilian! and the toenail clipping in my mouth/eye/between chest cavity before lol!

My boyfriends starting college in September to do beauty so be prepared for more Eeewwwws off the poor girl that gets his size 17 feet in her face for a pedicure! Even I don't go near them. He leaves his trainers in the bedroom and the room stinks so I throw them out the window! Shame I can't do that to him lol!

Kate x

Just been thinking about this guy and wondering :idea:

Did you managed to save his dignity and what the heck was he up to exactly when he lost them in the first place.....how the hell do you rip these things off:eek:

Mention B&Q one more time and i'll show you :lol:

Latest posts

Back