Ewwww! What has been your grossest experience in beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! have I got all this to come when I qualify!!! god help me
I have a strong stomach also but as KylieB mentioned when it comes to hiygene its a different matter completely

OMG! have I got all this to come when I qualify!!! god help me
I have a strong stomach also but as KylieB mentioned when it comes to hiygene its a different matter completely

And they say working in the beauty industry is a glamorous affair :eek:

This thread has made me laugh, I will not deny it but I simply couldn't share my own funny stories because they are way too personal and if clients read them, they might recognise themselves :eek:

The only thing I would like to say, in defence of people with poor hygiene, is that we don't know what they're going through, they may have seriously bad stuff going on in their lives that is causing them to neglect themselves or they may be simply depressed or even mentally ill.

I try really hard not to judge smelly clients. I kind of feel sorry for them.

This thread has made me laugh, I will not deny it but I simply couldn't share my own funny stories because they are way too personal and if clients read them, they might recognise themselves :eek:

The only thing I would like to say, in defence of people with poor hygiene, is that we don't know what they're going through, they may have seriously bad stuff going on in their lives that is causing them to neglect themselves or they may be simply depressed or even mentally ill.

The depression thing in part is true. Sometimes getting out of bed is a struggle let alone washing, but it is something that in itself can make you feel better if your clean.

I would never leave the house without shiwering if I thought I smelt or looked shabby. I certainly wouldnt go into a beauty salon to have something done. If they care so much about their appearance you think they would care about everything!

Some people though have no excuse!!!

I agree but these people would know they are not clean so I just cant get my head around WHY they would go to a salon. They cant be bothered to get in the shower but yet they take time to go to a salon. People always amaze me lol. I have to say I have no sympathy for smelly people unless they live on the street. There is just no need for it xxx

They cant be bothered to get in the shower but yet they take time to go to a salon. People always amaze me lol. I have to say I have no sympathy for smelly people unless they live on the street. There is just no need for it xxx

As my dear old mum used to say..."no matter how poor you are you can always afford a bar of soap"

Clearly someone going to and paying for a professional spray tan can afford a bar of soap or two :smack:

As my dear old mum used to say..."no matter how poor you are you can always afford a bar of soap"

Clearly someone going to and paying for a professional spray tan can afford a bar of soap or two :smack:

Very true Collin....OR they could always pop down to B&Q pmsl :lol: xxx

Very true Collin....OR they could always pop down to B&Q pmsl :lol: xxx

They dont sell soap :cry:

....which maybe explains why im billy no mates these last 6 weeks :eek:

I have to confess I might have actually been one of the customers being talked about on this thread...of course not the one with toilet paper stuffed down the pants thats for sure :eek::lol::lol:

Well I think it's a type of madness... I wish I could explain it... they can't be bothered to get in the shower but they think the treatment will cheer them up and they wouldn't necessarily miss the appt. I'm no psychologist but I do understand that people have problems and it causes them to behave strangely.

They dont sell soap :cry:

....which maybe explains why im billy no mates these last 6 weeks :eek:

I have to confess I might have actually been one of the customers being talked about on this thread...of course not the one with toilet paper stuffed down the pants thats for sure :eek::lol::lol:

They sell Swarfega soap I'm sure!! Or the Karcher detergent...... :green:

Never had a gross experience that I would chat about...although I can recall a few!

waxing my wifes nostrels :eek:
THATS REALLY BAD!!!! YOU CANT TELL EVERYONE THAT!:lol: NOW EVERYONE KNOWS THE POOR WIFE HAS HAIRY NOSTRILS!:)

I tell you something if someone thinks being a beauty therapist is easy and glamorous then after reading this im sure they will realise its not as glamorous as it seems lol

THATS REALLY BAD!!!! YOU CANT TELL EVERYONE THAT!:lol: NOW EVERYONE KNOWS THE POOR WIFE HAS HAIRY NOSTRILS!:)

Not any more she hasnt :eek:

I had a gross experience today with an eyebrow shape client ( elderly . . )
As she was looking in the mirror showing me how she wanted her eyebrows she whipped an eyebrow brush out of her handbag, then LICKED her finger and wiped the spit over her brows :eek: before brushing them into the shape she wanted. Mmmmm, nice.
I swabbed both eyebrows over extremely generously with surgical spirit before I even touched them.
Why do they DO IT??

My grandmother does that. Then when I give her the dogsh*it look she has no clue why!
But then, when I used to rail commute there would be people who would blithely have a good root around in their noses in full view. I think it's an autism/asperger's/lack of social grace thang.
Yuck!

I had a little old lady who had sore shoulders and needed a massage to free her out a bit. During the massage all of the dry skin that she couldn't remove herself through normal exfoliation with a towel started to roll off under my hands. I had bits of dead skin falling onto the bed everywhere and sticking to my hands while I tried to give her a relaxing massage. Doesn't sound that gross, but it was!

"I think it's an autism/asperger's/lack of social grace thang.
Yuck!"

Calla this was a really unnecessary, unkind thing to say. It no way adds to the discussion and could be really offensive to some people. I expected better from you.

Thinking about this more I had a client who had back treatments with me. No one would pick her spots for her so paid me do it!

I am not kidding her back was covered, every cm square there must have been 5 massive blackheads. When I extracted them them were sooooooo long and the stench of almost rotton flesh filled the air and was almost gagworthy!

I cleared her back and with good skincare did not need me to do this more than a few times, although secretly I absolutly loved every minute of it!

Lest to say when I did a spraytan on my step dad the other night and saw he too had huge blackheads a smile lit up from ear to ear and I spent the best part of an hour clearing them! Woop!

Glamorous Job my A*se! lol!

Latest posts

Back