Ewwww! What has been your grossest experience in beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might print out this thread to show some of my younger clients:lol: I have a couple of girls that want to 'do nails and beauty' because it seems so glamourous, this will give them something to think about:eek:

"I think it's an autism/asperger's/lack of social grace thang.
Yuck!"

Calla this was a really unnecessary, unkind thing to say. It no way adds to the discussion and could be really offensive to some people. I expected better from you.

Why else would people think it's acceptable to perform such private acts in public?

From the perspective of an RGN who did a stint in psychiatric nursing I can assure you that "An inability to understand social rules" is one of several signs that would lead to a differential diagnosis of asperger's.

As you say, you would expect better of me. I have not, do not, would not make light of a person with autism or asperger's. I do, however, take great exception to being subjected to other people's lack of manners, into which category picking one's nose openly in a crowded public place surely must fall.

No-one seems to have understood what I was trying to say, about people having problems, which cause them to neglect themselves. I wasnt offended by Calla because she came closest to understanding my point (I think). When people are gross, they may not be able to help it. We can't all be perfect social animals. If your brain isn't functioning 100%, yes, maybe you will get up in the morning and not wash, and put on yestedays clothes. Sh*t happens.

I don't think Calla needs me to speak for her, but I took what she said to mean 'yuk that someone picks their nose in public', rather than 'yuk someone is autistic or has asbergers.'

Last edited:
I guess that is it that we deal with a wide variety of clients of the social spectrum - some may well indeed have bad manners and others may have a shortfall in their hygiene education or have a condition which affects this. I have not come across this too much in beauty but when hairdressing, some clients were gross. I remember as a hair student one guy with the worst dandruff I have ever seen - I thought it had been snowing/sleeting outside!!! However did they come because they wanted advice?- obviously to look better! I think there are some people who really do not have a clue and maybe look to us to help.........

Even though its totally disgusting for the therapist, i have some respect for clients that come to a salon to have their gross problem sorted out. Its gotta take some guts.

Its just the people that come for something else and don't feel the need for basic hygiene.

I have a friend who does tattoos and piercing for a living. A female client booked in to have her whatsit pierced but when she came in, she was so unclean he refused point blank to do her and he is not a squemish guy. If you know someones gonna be in that area, at least have a shower or keep some wet wipes handy!

We also had a gentleman who had really bad psoriasis and liked to have back massages. However, it got to the point where even with oils and or cream, the skin would come off and not only stick to your hands (yuck) but his back would start bleeding to the point where you could see it through his shirt afterwards!

Our manager at the time simply told him politely that the bleeding was a contraindication and that we recommeded he saw his GP and once the problem had improved a little we would gladly have him back. I still felt mean though.

I have a friend who does tattoos and piercing for a living. A female client booked in to have her whatsit pierced but when she came in, she was so unclean he refused point blank to do her and he is not a squemish guy. If you know someones gonna be in that area, at least have a shower or keep some wet wipes handy!

Surely that would be a health and safety issue too though? As in the risk of infection if getting a piercing in an area that is not properly cleaned beforehand?

lol talking about getting whatsits pierced I wanted mine done when I was younger because I saw a girl with one and a huge diamond through it. (I was young and Naive!).

So I went with my best mate ~ who was also going to have it done but chickened out, I however threw my knickers off and lay spread eagled on the bed to await the anaesthetic to kick in, when the pizza delivery guy flung the door open and shouted who ordered pizza...... errrr not me. Lest to say my twinkle was exposed to the waiting room and several burly men wanting tatts! Turned out I couldnt have it done in the end as I have a vein too close to the area, thankgod for small mercies, although that pizza guy didn't know where to look lol!

Kate x

hahaha i'm giving them ideas aren't I lol!

lol talking about getting whatsits pierced I wanted mine done when I was younger because I saw a girl with one and a huge diamond through it. (I was young and Naive!).

So I went with my best mate ~ who was also going to have it done but chickened out, I however threw my knickers off and lay spread eagled on the bed to await the anaesthetic to kick in, when the pizza delivery guy flung the door open and shouted who ordered pizza...... errrr not me. Lest to say my twinkle was exposed to the waiting room and several burly men wanting tatts! Turned out I couldnt have it done in the end as I have a vein too close to the area, thankgod for small mercies, although that pizza guy didn't know where to look lol!

Kate x

oh my God I would have died!!

Mine was being farted at whilst doing a brazillian as the clients knee was up to her chest , she just said excuse me !!! i wanted to fall about laughing until the smell came . my co-worker took out somebodys tampon by accident with hot wax!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuggg

well, why wouldn't you?! As long as it's all "dealt with" then surely having a period shouldn't stop you?
I can't remember where I heard it but someone told me about when they'd done a Braz on a lady, got wax on the tampon string which then flew out attached to the wax! Can you imagine the embarrassment all round?!

I am crying with laughter at his thread!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):eek:

Mine was being farted at whilst doing a brazillian as the clients knee was up to her chest , she just said excuse me !!! i wanted to fall about laughing until the smell came .

Farted at .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PMSL!!!
Loved the 'excuse me' but what else could she have said? At least she said something ... she could have pretended it hadn't happened :eek: LOL!!!

Brilliant!!!! That's going to have me giggling all evening :)

My first christmas that I was in business as a nail tech I decicded to take advantage of the demand and worked crazy hours in the fortnight up until xmas and had a lovely regular pedi client in on christmas eve for my top luxury pedi.

I was exhausted as I had been working very long hours for 2 weeks straight and as I took her footspa away that her feet had been soaking in I stumbled and fell forward clutching the footspa with both hands, which slammed onto the floor sending the contents of the spa - dirty water, toenail clippings, hard skin removal etc - into my face and into my mouth :eek::irked:

Highly embarrassing and very gross!

Farted at .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PMSL!!!
Loved the 'excuse me' but what else could she have said? At least she said something ... she could have pretended it hadn't happened :eek: LOL!!!

Brilliant!!!! That's going to have me giggling all evening :)
You couldnt not notice it , it was soooooooooooo loud, especially not muffled with underwear !!!!!! lol:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG these are mega funny!! I still don't understand how people can go for an intimate treatment whilst on their monthlys?! Or especially without washing first! Ewww :irked:

I've not had any of these experiences on a client (thank god!) but when I was in college a classmate had a client with erm... wind! ... very loud wind! :| And she was surrounded by a class of beauty students, their clients, and tutors! Everybody was red in the face from trying so hard not to laugh. I felt so sorry for her!

I think my grossest client was a regular that farted every time she had a massage. I think she basically relaxed so much that she literally just let go of everything. And the smell....eyewatering let me tell you!

On a medical note, my ex boyfriend was a radiographer and would come home with copies of x rays of the most bizarre things. One patient had come in with a small bottle inserted COMPLETELY into his bum. Told the triage nurse that he fell on it!!!!! Come on now, just come clean, no one's going to believe that nonsense hehehehehe

Oh god, some of these stories are sooooooo gross! :eek:

I've had some gross things happen.. memorable incidents include a half leg wax which ended in my couch being covered in urine... I thought it was wax at first (same colour) but then the smell hit me... :eek: Obviously the lady either had some bladder problems or just let it go...

The other was an elderly lady who wanted a pedicure for her 50th wedding anniversary party over the summer, when I came to cut her toenails, the whole nails came off in my hand :eek: I didn't know what to do or say! I panicked and painted her skin on the nails I couldn't save, luckily her eyesight wasn't the best and she complimented me on such a good job! :lol:

xx

Latest posts

Back