Foundation help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's me

Reaction score
help! I'm looking for a long lasting foundation that will give a flawless finish I'm also trying to avoid flashback from cameras for photos.
I currently use double wear in 2n1 which I like but the flashback is horrendous so I look ghostly!!!! I've also been matched to a nc20 in Mac.
What would you all recommend? It has to be long lasting and provide that flawless finish. Any help appreciated! :)

Is this for yourself of clients? I find most is due to incorrect application .
Both of those foundations brands are really good. What kind of Mac foundation do you use ? NC 20 is just the colour.

Primers are key ! Benefit porefessional is a game changer !

Flashback is usually due to spf in your foundation, however using a neural powder like blot powder from Mac will eliminate that. Also make sure your setting powder isn't too white, not all brands which use translucent are in fact translucent can create a white cast, which gives flashback.

help! I'm looking for a long lasting foundation that will give a flawless finish I'm also trying to avoid flashback from cameras for photos.
I currently use double wear in 2n1 which I like but the flashback is horrendous so I look ghostly!!!! I've also been matched to a nc20 in Mac.
What would you all recommend? It has to be long lasting and provide that flawless finish. Any help appreciated! :)

I use Estee Lauder Double wear and have just bought Nars all day luminous for day time wear and its amazing! doesn't move all day!

The spf gives a white flash back buy one with no spf x

Is this for yourself of clients? I find most is due to incorrect application .
Both of those foundations brands are really good. What kind of Mac foundation do you use ? NC 20 is just the colour.

Primers are key ! Benefit porefessional is a game changer !

Flashback is usually due to spf in your foundation, however using a neural powder like blot powder from Mac will eliminate that. Also make sure your setting powder isn't too white, not all brands which use translucent are in fact translucent can create a white cast, which gives flashback.
The foundation is for myself. I've found double wear clogs my pores too so Iva had to stop using it.

Nailpod- The foundation is for me. Double wear seems to clog my pores so I've had to stop using it :-( I used the matte primer with it from the Estée Lauder range.
Mac wise I used pro long-wear and their mineral powder to finish.

Katielou95 - I tried to colour match with nars before but they were too yellow for me :-(

Skirlbrain - I tried Lancôme but again couldn't get a good colour and just wasn't happy with how it sat on my skin :-(

Some have recommended revlon colour stay? Or the New L'Oréal total cover infallible one?
I feel like I've tried almost all with no luck :-(

Ok:
I would use studio fix over prolong wear : my brides I only use this or Estée Lauder double wear.
But don't waste money let's try work with what you have!
If you remove your make up using an oil based remover or ore cleanser such an dermalogica pre cleanser or environ pre cleanser this really helps to loosen even stubborn make up and ref use will eliminate blackheads ! Follow up with your regular gel or crea cleanser after using the ore cleanser.

Clogged pores are basically due to incorrect removal. Estée Lauder is non comogenic , so perhaps you might have larger pores due to oily skin or previous acne etc...
also why you might have a battle to remove , and why you don't find it to last as long, and why your make up won't look flawless.

Secret to awesome make up is awesome skin :)

Ok aside from that.
You could try using a primer then apply your transparent powder , THEN stipple your foundation on it use a beauty blender or brush (careful to not use to much force as you could wipe the foundation off) thirdly re set with powder. Then bronzer and blusher etc.
Remember hi lighter WILL enhance your skin so if you have acne scars on cheek area : don't use as much .
You could also try using the Mac finish spray : fix plus.

Just try this and see how it lasts, then let us know after a day.
Good luck xxx

Thanks! I'm too sensitive to dermalogica so can't use that :-( I've tried so much skincare I'm now using la roche posay which seems to have settled it. It only flared up again when I used double wear. Plus the flashback I got with double wear was really bad hence why I'm looking for a change altogether!

I used to use the porefessional but only changed to the Estée Lauder one as I was using double wear.

It's so hard finding foundations and primers that work with my skin :-(

Oh shame that sounds horrible.
The pre cleanser is an oil based remover, or try using coconut oil , it should give a similar effect. Personally I prefer environ to dermalogica, but the concept is the same.

Sometimes a primer can make your foundation "slide off" if your skin is quite oily. But I find that it's a buggar either which way for long lasting or flawless!

Try the method I suggested with what products you have and see how that goes. X

I personally wear georgio armani foundation and dont have any of these issues, it goes on like silk. Try that and good luck x

Jane Iredale. Lasts beautifully, doesn't dry skin out, is actively good for your skin and is PETA and leaping bunny certified. Different levels of coverage so you get the look you want. It's not cheap but every client I have who uses double wear, loves JI X

I personally wear georgio armani foundation and dont have any of these issues, it goes on like silk. Try that and good luck x
Thanks! I tried the luminous silk but it didn't give the flawless coverage I was after. Plus it didn't last last 6 hrs on me :-(

Jane Iredale. Lasts beautifully, doesn't dry skin out, is actively good for your skin and is PETA and leaping bunny certified. Different levels of coverage so you get the look you want. It's not cheap but every client I have who uses double wear, loves JI X
Ive heard of this. Though there isn't anywhere near me that stocks it so I can get a colour match. How long does it last on you? And what's the coverage and finished look like?

Oh shame that sounds horrible.
The pre cleanser is an oil based remover, or try using coconut oil , it should give a similar effect. Personally I prefer environ to dermalogica, but the concept is the same.

Sometimes a primer can make your foundation "slide off" if your skin is quite oily. But I find that it's a buggar either which way for long lasting or flawless!

Try the method I suggested with what products you have and see how that goes. X
Thanks I'll maybe try coconut oil as specific oil cleansers can really irritate me :-(
It's so hard to find that flawless look with foundation and especially one that lasts! I'm at the point where I will buy anything to get what I'm after!

I have rosacea and hyper sensitive skin so I understand the struggle of finding the right foundation! I've tried almost everything but always go back to revlon colour stay. It lasts all day, gives full flawless coverage and doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever which is unusual for me.

When my skin is good or I am on a course of antibiotics for my rosacea I use YSL touché e clat foundation which also doesn't irritate and is easy to remove, but not full coverage or long lasting which is why I go back to the revlon.

I use all eve Taylor skin care products and they are great for not irritating me (ultra soothing range) and the moisturisers give a great base for makeup so I don't bother with primer under the revlon because it keeps the skin hydrated and in turn looks flawless.

I would also use a beauty blender to apply as this will give the very smooth finish and, again, it doesn't irritate like brushes can. Then I set with a powder. I haven't noticed flashback either :)

I have rosacea and hyper sensitive skin so I understand the struggle of finding the right foundation! I've tried almost everything but always go back to revlon colour stay. It lasts all day, gives full flawless coverage and doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever which is unusual for me.

When my skin is good or I am on a course of antibiotics for my rosacea I use YSL touché e clat foundation which also doesn't irritate and is easy to remove, but not full coverage or long lasting which is why I go back to the revlon.

I use all eve Taylor skin care products and they are great for not irritating me (ultra soothing range) and the moisturisers give a great base for makeup so I don't bother with primer under the revlon because it keeps the skin hydrated and in turn looks flawless.

I would also use a beauty blender to apply as this will give the very smooth finish and, again, it doesn't irritate like brushes can. Then I set with a powder. I haven't noticed flashback either :)
Thankyou! I actually wore revlon colourstay today and in all fairness it did stay put though a few dry areas were visible by the time I got home (10hrs later mind so pretty good going!). Still undecided on the colour but gonna give it another go!

With regards redness I don't have Rosacea but do get redness on my nose and found since using la roche posay serum for rosacea this has helped a lot.

I've also got L'Oréal total cover - not sure if anyone has tried this???? Though one colour is too light and the next one up too dark so not sure what this will be like.

Had anyone used smashbox? And Mac studio fix?

Urban Decay Naked Skin gets a lot of good reviews for fuller coverage - I know some tv people wear it on screen. I prefer something lighter (Dior Nude). Studio Fix broke me out quite badly, so take care if you're sensitive.

Urban Decay Naked Skin gets a lot of good reviews for fuller coverage - I know some tv people wear it on screen. I prefer something lighter (Dior Nude). Studio Fix broke me out quite badly, so take care if you're sensitive.
I havent tried that one (urban decay) Do you know if it's water or silicone based?

Latest posts

Back