Grey toned hair turning beige

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex6380

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m having problems with my grey clients turning beige! When they come in and have their roots done their hair has always gone beige, I do their roots and apply 9.02 to tone out the yellow then rinse and apply 9.01 and 9.11.... roots always come out perfect but ends won’t grab unless I do a bleach bath on the kids and ends for the last ten mins of the roots developing but I don’t like to do it every time even with Olaplex overtime it will damage the hair, one was in today I did the same process for the roots using 15 vol but on the ends I used just 9.11 with 6vol hoping that the ends would grab quicker using the 6vol but the ends didn’t take at all! Does everyone clean out the mids and ends every time? My guessing is it’s a build up of silver shampoo over a few months and not great shampoos and conditioners and maybe do a Malibu c colour prepare on the mids and ends next time before applying toner, do all grey toners wash out beige or am I over toning by applying a 9.02 before the 9.01/9.11? I just want a nice grey toner that washes out nicely..... is it my colours or the overly used silver shampoo

What colour house are you using and are you using the matching developer or a generic developer?

What colour house are you using and are you using the matching developer or a generic developer?
I'm using L'Oréal and always use dedicated developers x

Latest posts

Back