Hair lengths advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janna

Reaction score
Ive been dying my hair for a some years now blonde , but for some reason the lengths are not taking as well as they used to. I mixed up a slightly stronger mix for the lengths , more bleach, but still safe (no more than allowed) but still have quite a bit of brown/copper hair , cant understand it as the top is fine, although the roots grow out quicker than it use to (maybe due to medication that has side effect of fast hair growth). oh and i use a toner same one every time. if any one has the answer please let me know.ThankU

Are you a hairdresser? Are you applying bleach to the ends every time? X

Last edited:
no . i have been to try and take out the copper . x

I would get yourself to a salon and they will be able to help you. We cannot advise you on colours etc as you are not a professional x

I can not get to a salon that is why ive been doing my own hair , i thought this forum was for people like me who are non pro and need help ?

Consumer Queries (39 Viewing)
Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?

I can not get to a salon that is why ive been doing my own hair , i thought this forum was for people like me who are non pro and need help ?

Yes we can give advice but we cannot tell you what colours etc to use. All the hairdressers in this forum have trained for many years and will not give non professionals advice to do their hair at home. Consumer queries is not for asking how to DIY your hair at home. My professional advice is to try to go to a salon or get a mobile hairdresser to do your hair x

Last edited:
like i say i can Not get to a salon , also i can not afford a mobile :(

may i suggest you change the wording to this forum ? as i thought you would help me from what i read.

any way i did my hair again today , but not the ends with bleach and it actually looks better.

well thanks i think x

Offering pro advice would be after a question like 'would this haircut suit me?'not 'how can I do your job at home myself cheaper?'

then the wording needs to be clearer and more precise , it needs to say you will not advise on home jobs , btw if i could get to a salon and afford it i would do it , but i can not . i really think the wording should be changed , then you wouldnt get questions like mine here and people wouldnt expect to get answers - just my thoughts you understand x

The wording doesn't need to be changed because the professional advice to this question is go to seek professional help, a salon or a local training college (which have hugely discounted prices) and let them sort your hair before you damage it even further which is a probable cause of why the ends of your hair aren't taking colour as well as before

if thats the advice given then thats all this forum needs to say ..."Seek professional help" , this would be an honest statement , as it stands the statement "Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?" gives false reading , leading people to think they can ask any question . it does need addressing or you will keep getting lost souls looking for advice on matters you will not give answers too , oh and as mentioned earlier i have sorted the problem , my hair looks great now , thanks to baby chops :)

Why does your hair look great thanks to me?

because i took the hint..Are you a hairdresser? Are you applying bleach to the ends every time? X

btw why ask me if im a hairdresser ? this should not be an issue when this forum is described "Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?"

because i took the hint..Are you a hairdresser? Are you applying bleach to the ends every time? X

btw why ask me if im a hairdresser ? this should not be an issue when this forum is described "Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?"

It wasn't a hint at all. I didn't say if it was the right or wrong thing to do. There is a thread called "I'm not a hair geek but..."
Have a look and that will explain what the consumer queries is for x

Last edited:
maybe not but i took it anyway and pleased to say its worked.

with regards to the link you gave me , thats all good and well but it needs to be said here on this forum to be clear that is what this forum is about .

the only reason i joined was because i thought you would help when i read somewhere about this forum being for non pros to get advice from pros and seeing these words "Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?"

Can you see what im saying ? x

maybe not but i took it anyway and pleased to say its worked.

with regards to the link you gave me , thats all good and well but it needs to be said here on this forum to be clear that is what this forum is about .

the only reason i joined was because i thought you would help when i read somewhere about this forum being for non pros to get advice from pros and seeing these words "Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?"

Can you see what im saying ? x

I don't think it needs changing...I just wish more people would read it!
Also it should be read in conjunction with the rules that you signed up to when registering Salon Geek - Forum Rules

Yes this is the Forum to ask our professionals for advice, but I would have thought common sense would tell you that you wouldn't ask a professional how to use professional only products, after all they have done years of training to use them?

This Forum is where you can ask our professionals what is best for your skin problem, hair problem, or nails, and they will advise you.
NOT where to ask "How can I do your job myself without any training and on the cheap?"

If a salon treatment isn't an option for you, then you should check out your local Colleges and book there to get a professional treatment by a student.

I hope you understand how this forum works now.

dont understand why you can not see it the way people who visit your site see it , i am offering you sound advice to help your site and consumers/ visitors to your site . not sure why im bothering , i do have other things to do.

people do read it ....

Not a salon professional = not a hairdresser etc . Not and aspiring one = not training . This = ppl like me !

its a false statement and you need to apply that other info on the other link to it to make your self clear to your visitors. The other info is on another thread , not everyone will find that info and you will continue to get people asking you for answers to their problems including hair colouring to which you will not answer unless you put all the info together on this forum.

if you read what i said you will realise its the short statement i am refering to , as i say all needs to be in one place - this forum for clarity.

The internet has come a long way and you can find all types of info on it including videos of how to colour your hair on youtube, so when i read a statement like "Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice? I naturally assumed i could ask any question about my hair.

Unfortunately ive had bad experiences with a student so not keen on that idea.

if you dont want to be faced with ppl asking you for this type of advice i suggest you listen to what the consumer/customer is telling you , i may not be able to get to a salon or afford it at the moment but tell you what if i could i wouldnt want to now , if your attitude is anything to go by .

if this is how you treat your customers izzidoll then i dont want any of it thanks..

In support of another Moderator's post, Izzidoll was setting forum rules and guidelines for you.

I'm sorry that you felt you could obtain professional colouring advice here, and that the Consumer Queries section of the site led you to believe that qualified and trained professionals would assist you by sharing their hard earned knowledge.

However, Salon Geek rules have now been clarified for you.

I totally see where Janna is comming from with the wording. Maybe a stickied post at the top, something like "Read before posting questions about hair colour" would help.

The thing is many, many people read the wording the same way and post simular questions, the consumers get frustrated and the pros get annoyed... unfortunally some of the pros resposes I have read in the past (not on this thead) make everyone look bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back