Have to say goodbye to my dog

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Thursday morning I have to take my dog to the vets to be put to sleep, he's only 2.5 years old :(

He's a dogue de bordeaux pedigree. He has crucia ligament damage on both back knees, needs a full hip replacement and his front legs are damaged too. He also has osteo arthritis and bone damage.

We are totally gutted with the news. So much for pedigree dogs being the best.
We bought him from a so called reputable breeder in Portsmouth in January 2011 (born 31/10/10). His parents were huge and I mean huge. His dad was 14st (so they said, but he was massive).
We only wanted a pet nothing more so we weren't looking for a show dog.

He started having a skin problem which turned out to be allergies to whey, blue fish, and loads more but we got that under control. Then we noticed a limp so got him to the vets for xrays, only to find out about his hip displacia and early arthritis. We tried to contact the breeders but they never answered our calls or emails or Facebook PM's.

Now the day has almost come to say goodbye to him. We are just deeply saddened that at this age we had to make the decision for his sake.

Sorry for the post but I just need to.... vent my anger and sadness.

1375226000659.jpg
1375226043853.jpg
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

So sorry to hear this :(

:Hugs:
I am so sorry about your news.... Its heart braking.. Its never easy loosing a pet but to make the decision for them is even worse... You are a kind and loving woman to accept the news and do what's best for the dog and I salute you. Just spend these precious moments making fond memories xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Big hugs....he was lucky to have such caring owners. What a beautiful boy xxx

So sorry about this sad news he is beautiful! I have 2 jack russells and would be heartbroken if anything ever happend to them (even though they are very naughty) give him lots of cuddles and treats for now and show him he is very loved, so sad as hes so young x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

What a beautiful boy!

He knows you love him and you've given him an amazing life x

I had to do the same to my 7 month old miniature poodle pup.

Who needed hip replacements and loads more. Much similar to what you are describing. It was absolutely heart breaking and by far the worse thing I have had to do.

But he was in a lot of pain and he wouldn't have had a good life even with the operations.

I know I made the right decision for him but it doesn't make it any easier.

I send my love and thoughts to you at this difficult time x

Jemima :)

Very sad news indeed.
If the breeder is indeed reputable they will be registered with the Kennel Club. Contact them for advice and guidance.

I'm so sad for you x

I'm so sorry xxx

Bless you, you must be heartbroken but you have given him the best life possible. My thoughts will be with you Thursday x

He looks gorgeous, I am so sorry about your news, it's heartbreaking! Dogs are part of the family, so I can understand how much pain you must be feeling! I hope you get to spend every last moment with him.xXx

That's so sad, I lost my puppy a few years ago at six months to leukaemia, it's heart breaking to loose an old dog but to loose one so young when you think you are going to have them for years is devastating.:sad:

Xx

Really sad for you and will be thinking about you tomorrow xx

:hug:So sorry to hear this! Hope your ok

Ive had a mare with my dog shes just turned one but when she was around 4 months old she was scratching so much it was causes hair loss and red and raised skin underneath took her to vets and she had skin mites, then she was spayed so had a miserable puppy for few days, now shes gone back to constant scratching and biting herself hopefully not mites again!!!

Hope your ok sweet, spoil him rotten today and give him lots of hugs and kisses!!

:hug:So sorry to hear this! Hope your ok

Ive had a mare with my dog shes just turned one but when she was around 4 months old she was scratching so much it was causes hair loss and red and raised skin underneath took her to vets and she had skin mites, then she was spayed so had a miserable puppy for few days, now shes gone back to constant scratching and biting herself hopefully not mites again!!!

Hope your ok sweet, spoil him rotten today and give him lots of hugs and kisses!!

Ask your vet about Atopica. I had terrible trouble for a long time with my Westie who kept biting at his paws. This worked for him. It's for the treatment of the chronic manifestations of atopic dermatitis in dogs. It may well be worth giving it a go. Also if you haven't already, I would advise you to take out pet insurance. Can't bear the thought of your pet scratching and biting herself and really hope you get sorted x

Very sad news indeed.
If the breeder is indeed reputable they will be registered with the Kennel Club. Contact them for advice and guidance.

Thanks Lynne I never knew I could do that. X

Oh hunie x
He's beautiful and you should be proud to have given him a good life, even if it wasn't as long as anyone hoped. Give him a big cuddle from me x

Oh no :(

Im so sorry, He looks gorgeous! What a sad time :( xx

What a beautiful boy. I'm so sorry to read this sad news *hugs*

Latest posts

Back