Help with Gift Vouchers Please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmason

Reaction score
I've been asked by a couple of the schools that I'm doing Nail art for at their Xmas Fairs if I'd like to donate a gift voucher to their raffle. Im more than happy to do it as it's a bit of free advertising after all! Trouble is, I've just spent over an hour sat at the computer trying to encapsulate all the relevant info into a voucher and trying to make it look snappy at the same time!!

I've included, my name, logo, description of treatment (ie mini manicure/luxury manicure etc) and my contact details. do you think that's enough? Does anyone put an expiry date on them or do you just leave it open? if I don't put a date on it I have visions of someone wanting to cash it in in 20 years time when I'm retired lol!!!!!!!

Also is it ok to just print them off on standard paper or would it look classier to print onto coloured card? Wish I'd never come up with this idea now, I've got a headache just thinking about it!!!!!!

pmason said:
I've been asked by a couple of the schools that I'm doing Nail art for at their Xmas Fairs if I'd like to donate a gift voucher to their raffle. Im more than happy to do it as it's a bit of free advertising after all! Trouble is, I've just spent over an hour sat at the computer trying to encapsulate all the relevant info into a voucher and trying to make it look snappy at the same time!!

I've included, my name, logo, description of treatment (ie mini manicure/luxury manicure etc) and my contact details. do you think that's enough? Does anyone put an expiry date on them or do you just leave it open? if I don't put a date on it I have visions of someone wanting to cash it in in 20 years time when I'm retired lol!!!!!!!

Also is it ok to just print them off on standard paper or would it look classier to print onto coloured card? Wish I'd never come up with this idea now, I've got a headache just thinking about it!!!!!!

Hiya Pip,

i bought mine from Creative Nail Design, all that i need to add is the value and expiry date. I have a 6 months useby date so enableing it to be used ASAP. I have tried making my own but to be honest fror the price of Creative's vouchers i went with them. Less hassle really

Hi Pip,

when I used to do GVs myself I got some specially designed paper from Staples - it was perforated in 3s to be used as GVs - you just made a file on the PC and then printed them off on the paper - I bought matching envelopes.

I used to put a 12 month expiry on them.

I now just use the Creative ones

Good luck with your Christmas fairs.

Thanks for the advice, have just had a look at the Creative vouchers and the graphics are incredible for the price of them! I think I'll just go with those cos, like you both said, the amount of hassle, trial and error and wasted paper in doing my own I might as well pay a tenner for the real thing!!

Thanks again! xx

I print my own vouchers on the nicest gold shimmery card. they r really cute. This is what mine say, they r inside a lovely scrolley border aswell. Im always really careful to include expirey dates and T&Cs on everything, because theres always someone out there who will want to take you for a ride!

The Beauty Room
Partners of Harborne, 104 War Lane, Harborne, B17 9RR
0121 426 4411

£30 GIFT VOUCHER £30

This voucher may be exchanged for any treatment(s) to the value stated and is valid for 2 months from date of issue. The voucher is not transferable or negotiable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Lost or stolen vouchers will not be refunded.

voucher.jpg

^^^ like this ^^^

but on shimmery gold card. I have a laserjet printer so it prints onto the shimmery card.

I make my own too, all different designs as I love card making, I use toppers which are so easy but look the biz. Makes the card look extra special and only costs me about 25p to make. I also have a heat gun so I emboss the wording on the front too.

I have an expiry date of 6 months but damn you Kate, you've just reminded me, I forgot to put the disclaimer about non refundable etc!!!!

Obviously make sure you put your name, address and numer on there. I have mine numbered and keep a list of them and the expiry dates, once they have been used I cross them off the list so I know what is still outstanding. I am always amazed at how many don't get used though.

Sassy Hassy said:
I have mine numbered and keep a list of them and the expiry dates, once they have been used I cross them off the list so I know what is still outstanding. I am always amazed at how many don't get used though.

ditto. I number them and keep a record too.

Wow Kate, yours looks fab, really artistic! Sassy I might be sounding like a thicko here but what do you mean by toppers???

Yep will deffo put an expiry date on them then, and numbering them sounds like a good idea too. Quite a bonus if they don;t get used anyway cos then you've got the money for them and haven't had to do any work!!

hi! i do my gift vouchers in microsoft publisher and do them in pretty colours and print them off onto pretty card,

they've got on them:

who they are for,
what they are for,
who they are from,
my contact details,
an expiry date,
and a little bit saying "this voucher may not be redeemed for cash"
(mine also have who issued them, but that's cos i work in a leisure centre and i want to know who's nuts to roast if they've not been filled in properly!!!!)

cat xx

oooh i also put a few rhinestones in a little flower in the corner sometimes!

I also make my own using publisher!
I print it out on marbled card I got from the paper mill shop.

pmason said:
! Sassy I might be sounding like a thicko here but what do you mean by toppers???

quote]

Toppers are like decorations that are pre made for you that you just stick on your card. So easy, even the lost artistic person can make fab looking cards. Here's a link to some on QVC http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fukgasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&country=uk&txtDesc=toppers&Submit=GO
Hope they show up to explain it okay.

Sorry it doesn't gp straight to the page, it's the 8th one down, item 582066. Click o it and you will get more detail. Alternatively, most card making and craft shops sell them, and probably cheaper too if I know QVC!

Aah, so that's what toppers are! Thanks Sassy have saved the link to have a look at tonight. Thanks everyone, not sure now whether to do the artistic thing or just order them, hhmmm, will have to have a think about this over the weekend!!

I use vistaprint, 10 free folded cards, pic logo and name on front and the inside in a nice fancy font, only about £3 for 10, this is on the free offer, you only pay P&P

Rachel

I actually got an email from Vistaprint about that free offer Rachel, but never thought of using them for gift vouchers - fab idea! I could then customise them as well with the toppers Sassy mentioned.

another way to dress up the card/voucher (esp. nice for gift giving) is to wrap it in clear celephane (sp?) with ribbons or rafia. you can always add some punches or chunky glitter that coordinates too

Another fab idea - thanks Nikki! One more question for you all though, considering the degree of effort and expenditure you all go to to make your gift vouchers look amazing..do you make a load in one go or do you just make them to order as it were?

oooh sassy!! im a fellow card maker too - its addictive as nails some times.
I made some 3-fold card wallets with decoupage flowers (got a flower punch) with a bit of embossing along the bottom - just simple - then designed vouchers to go inside em (printed at work so cost me nowt)

not sold any yet but been asked for some cos its gettin near xmas and im giving em to mates as xmas pressys too cos i dunno what to get em so they can all have a voucher!

PS i love the papermill shop 2 i almost start hypoventillating (sp?) when i go in there im the same in the ONSN too!!

ladybgemini said:
I use vistaprint, 10 free folded cards, pic logo and name on front and the inside in a nice fancy font, only about £3 for 10, this is on the free offer, you only pay P&P

Rachel

Yes, it was this site which pointed me in the direction of vistaprint for my business cards. I got 200 free cards and all printed and they look really nice. I only had to pay por posting and packaging. Their prices are really reasonable. I'm going to go back to them for my vouchers. Just log onto www.vistaprint and they will come up on the web.

Latest posts

Back