Matrix hi lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moobar

Reaction score
ok so after my post the other day re ULV I was told yesterday by a lady that I could use a high lift ash over the top to get rid of the unwanted warmth....? I did some foils on sat and client is still no happy so now to plan 3 lol and advice very welcome...

Well maybe now I'm thinking try a few color graphics highlights to break it up a bit :)

i did that on sat and she is still not happy

what base is she hun ? .. i am a base 5 and grphics doesnt work on me at all i just get the the lovely ginger stage , lol i use blondor bleach for darker haired people x

shes an 8. i used an ulv and it went horribly wrong so i did some foils through it but she still doesnt like it. i've been told to use a high lift ash over it ?

what shade is it looking now? i find with the high lift tints especially on level 8 go slightly gingery....not nice but its hit and miss on the hi lifts, is she a natural redhead also...as this has in the past affected the high lifts range.

In the meantime you could use ULAA or ULA as ash does counteract any brassyness.

Have you tried the colour sync pastals over it to tone it down?...this could help without lightenin it any more. hths xoxo

Don't get ula or Iowa on the highlights. They will be blue.

Dee have you tried green pigment ? Leave in foil for full 50 min development without heat, should lift blonde :) x

shes an 8. i used an ulv and it went horribly wrong so i did some foils through it but she still doesnt like it. i've been told to use a high lift ash over it ?

I know this might sound stupid, but I saw your post the other day and wondered something. Do you think the peroxide lid might have been left off?

Only reason I say this is that ULV or ULA mixed with either 9 or 12% should have lifted beautifully on a level 8 natural hair, perhaps even too light!

If you mixed it with 9 or 12% and left it on for the correct amount of time, I'd be throwing some of the peroxide on an old black towel and seeing if it bleaches the towel up. This has happened a few times in my career - junior doesn't put the lid back on tight enough and the 12% is like 3% by the time you come to use it.

Just a thought.

;)

Latest posts

Back