Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a youtube channel where you show demonstrations on the product?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Suzanne
I've been asked to videos and do intend to so hopefully will action that soon :)

Can you apply megamix directly over nail polish? or does it only work if mixed in? Thanks

Can you apply megamix directly over nail polish? or does it only work if mixed in? Thanks
the thing with polish is you need to let it dry so if you apply it over polish that has to be super dry first, by mixing you activate the polish and it drys with the framework of gel that is created within it. I can't really see any reason or benefit to this method of application, but if it works for you then great, try it it's the only way to find out and let me know how you get on.

the thing with polish is you need to let it dry so if you apply it over polish that has to be super dry first, by mixing you activate the polish and it drys with the framework of gel that is created within it. I can't really see any reason or benefit to this method of application, but if it works for you then great, try it it's the only way to find out and let me know how you get on.
OMG
Ive only just worked out how to quote the message in the message ( hence why i was copying and pasting and replying in red!!!!!!!! dho
It's only taken me a week!!!!!!
got it now though!!!!!!!
:)
Maybe i should just stick to nails!!!!!!!! and leave the techno to the geeks! :)

Get some and try it and i'll talk you through it, and then what i am saying will all make senece :)

I have just placed my order, I might hold you to that :green:

OMG
Ive only just worked out how to quote the message in the message ( hence why i was copying and pasting and replying in red!!!!!!!! dho
It's only taken me a week!!!!!!
got it now though!!!!!!!
:)
Maybe i should just stick to nails!!!!!!!! and leave the techno to the geeks! :)

Like this you mean ;) hehehe

Ive just ordered mine :)

This sounds great to me - we're always looking for easier ways to customise our polishes..... gonna have to try it :wink2:

I'm intrigued by this so just want to be kept in the loop so I can look back easier!

Clients asked me to do these? What would be best to do these? Xx

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389824723200.jpg
    1389824723200.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 861
Can I ask, if I was going to use megamix to mix with glitter and apply over the top of a gellux colour, would I be better of using the gellux primer base and top coat, and just adding a layer of mega mix, or would I best off using the megamix system and just adding a layer of colour....or would it make no difference? X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I currently use a white gel polish base and work in my mica pigments over the top it's very quick but!! It wears off at sides corners etc :( even with 2 top coats so I'm interested in this very much as it the pigment is in the gel it will wear better I think. Hopefully it's not stupidly priced as i fancy giving a bottle a go.

Are you going to be at excel??

Tricky! Seen this before. Silver gel with minx cut into tip shapes and gel top coat. Right faff on tbh! Looks nice tho!

Actually I can't a good silver gel so I might mechanic my china glaze silver :)

I'm not sure if these are even real nails ( they look like stick on's) the beauty about them is the perfection in execution, they look flawless. To try and replicate them is almost impossible. I have a silver pigment that I used to create TIN Man make up for the wizard of oz that will give you your silver base ( but applying git without streaks or brush lines is impossible. then for the silver tips i would say either minx silver lightning( or similar) or metallic wrap, but getting the smile lines right would be very tedious.

good luck :)

Can I ask, if I was going to use megamix to mix with glitter and apply over the top of a gellux colour, would I be better of using the gellux primer base and top coat, and just adding a layer of mega mix, or would I best off using the megamix system and just adding a layer of colour....or would it make no difference? X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
It really makes no difference. if you love your gelux system and are happy with the result just use the megamix for mixing, if you find your nails don't last as long as you would like then try the base coat ( its really good) I'm happy for you to do whatever you want to do so long as your mixing :)

I currently use a white gel polish base and work in my mica pigments over the top it's very quick but!! It wears off at sides corners etc :( even with 2 top coats so I'm interested in this very much as it the pigment is in the gel it will wear better I think. Hopefully it's not stupidly priced as i fancy giving a bottle a go.

Are you going to be at excel??
mixing the pigment in to the gel will defiantly give you a better more hard wearing product, when you work it in as a layer it almost created a barrier the top coat likes to stick to a sticky surface when you work the pigment in that surface then becomes dry and the top coat ( even two coats) does not have a sticky surface to cling to, try mixing it ( it will give you a different effect but will give you longevity.)

hope that helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be at Excel in person (not got a stand) so if you see me be sure to say hello

Latest posts

Back