Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a tip from a new client. Off to the megapixel website to place my first order!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have a website address?

Hi, I ordered my Mega mix a week or so ago. So excited to try it :).

Here are the results megamix.jpg

I used nails inc "baker street" and Mega mix. All you have to do is add 2/3 drops Mega mix and 2/3drops polish (darker shades you might have to add another drop of polish ). Mix together and you will have the consistency of "gel" polish, use a gel brush to apply to the nails in thin coats as you normally would. (don't forget to prep,base coat etc before) This is 3 coats for full coverage. It doesn't change the nail polish colour what so ever, it just makes it a gel polish :biggrin:. This was enough for 4+ fingers I did have to mix more for my second hand.

I swatched opi/china glaze/Essie/nails inc just to name a few and they all mixed just as well.

Amazing product :)

I just got a tip from a new client. Off to the megapixel website to place my first order!

always makes you feel good when someone really appreciates the service you provide

im guessing this was an auto correct ! megapixel nails I like it maybe that's what I will call my next nail system.

look forward to your order :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us know how long your polish lasts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

Is the mega mix in the bottle and the pot the same product?

Thanks

Nice tip :)
always makes you feel good when someone really appreciates the service you provide

im guessing this was an auto correct ! megapixel nails I like it maybe that's what I will call my next nail system.

look forward to your order :)

Oops yes! Stupid iPad! How long is delivery time? I'm really looking forward to having a play with it.

Hi,

Is the mega mix in the bottle and the pot the same product?

Thanks
Yes it is exactly the same product just one is in a pot and one is in a bottle :) so it's personal preference as to what suits you :)

Oops yes! Stupid iPad! How long is delivery time? I'm really looking forward to having a play with it.
It's dispatched by Royal Mail second class who say 2-3 working days but may take longer

i like the sound of this and the price well done for this and i will be buying some defiantly and it will be interesting what else you bring about ..? one thing that is baffling me though is the acrylic powder
mix ...?what would this be like (pigment i understand)
Basically anything with colour can be mixed, we tried acrylic powder and it worked, and there are systems out there that have a similar acrylic powder gel application method, there is no need to mix it with acrylic unless you have a powder colour you absolutely love, I'm just trying to demonstrate the full versatility of the product :)

Mine has just arrived in the post this morning! :biggrin: Can't wait to get started. I'm spoilt for choice now. Will have to have a good think about what colour I'm going to mix it with.

Update: I couldn't wait so I've done my nails in Megamix and OPI Malaga Wine. To be honest, it goes on quite thick so you only need 2 coats. I did a 50/50 ratio. I used Gelish foundation and Top It Off. The result are brilliant. Nice solid colour. It cures really, really well. No colour coming off on the brush when I put the top cost on so its cured really well. No colour coming off on the pad when cleansing the dispersion layer. Now thats with a solid red colour, so you would definitely notice it. I'm impressed. Now lets see how long it lasts. I'll keep you posted.

so it worked well all good easy enough whats your review and can you see it's uses in the salon how many stars out of 5

I can definitely see this as being an advantage to my clients. They are so damn picky about colours. I have about one million OPI polishes and only about 25 Gelish so being able to create a gel from my OPI bottles is magnificent. The added advantage is that I can then retail them a OPI polish for touch ups.

I'm giving 4/5. For the simple reason that it really is quite thick and when mixing the gel with the polish on foil it tends to thicken and form a skin if you don't work fast enough. So I would suggest mixing and applying one coat, then mixing and applying the second coat.

I thought mixing the polish with the gel would give it a less opaque colour, but not at all. It doesn't effect the colour. Still very solid.

Stay tuned. I've only had it on for half an hour. I would like to get 2 weeks out of it first before I unleash it to my clients.

I'm giving 4/5. For the simple reason that it really is quite thick and when mixing the gel with the polish on foil it tends to thicken and form a skin if you don't work fast enough. So I would suggest mixing and applying one coat, then mixing and applying the second coat.

Was this the gel in the pot or the bottle please? just deciding which to go for.

It was the bottle.

Item ordered and received very quick! it's been great playing with this little bottle of fun today!!
I can't wait to use it with more of my beautiful china glaze colours I've always wanted a really good silver, here are the results mixing with China glaze cheers to you excuse the really short horrible Nails!!
It felt like I was going back to using bio sculpture it can be quite thick so just be aware of the sidewalls not getting too thick.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390744950.907633.jpg

This product is fantastic to use with transfer file the amount you get on the nail is unreal here is a picture I put some silver transfer file over.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390745024.207570.jpg

and finally a little green mixture. I used green acrylic powder and some green pieces.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390745080.408148.jpg

Just want to add that it was quite a quick job as I'm so excited to Test it and I do have some gel underneath the Silver that I quickly buffed down a little.

Must admit I'm Freeking out! Mixing polish with gel and bit letting the polish dry lol it's just so odd I expect it to peel off! Obviously I can't comment on its true longevity on the natural nail as I had gel already underneath. Interested to know how long it's lasting guys??

Latest posts

Back