My fitness pal iPhone app

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can i ask why do u weigh? I dont weigh because i dont think its accurate. Your weight is different every time of the day. I weighed 11 stone before i started exercising. I lost 5cm of my stomach and an inch and a half of my arms and same with thighs. And i still weigh 11 stone!

I weigh because it's recorded on the app I do measure also. To be honest what the scales say doesn't matter it's if my clothes fit me again that's important clothes don't lie!

I weigh cause my wii fit plus is my master and I must obey lol.
Actually my 14yr old and myself get up at 6.30 every morning, do the training on wii fit then the 20min body shred then get on with our usual morning plans.
Before I get any grief for allowing my 14yr old to exercise like she does let me explain she is an elite gymnast who trains every night at gym with her trio, she finds doing her own fitness plan instead of the conditioning plan suits her better and keeps her at training weight (she switches to conditioning plan to get into competition weight when needed) and I think if she can do fitness twice a day then I can't complain about doing it once lol.

Another good app i found is the run 5k one after 8 week your suppost to be able to run 5k! Im on week 2! So ill let u know how it goes lol

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Before I get any grief for allowing my 14yr old to exercise like she does let me explain she is an elite gymnast who trains every night at gym with her trio, she finds doing her own fitness plan instead of the conditioning plan suits her better and keeps her at training weight (she switches to conditioning plan to get into competition weight when needed) and I think if she can do fitness twice a day then I can't complain about doing it once lol.

Excersise doesnt kill! Well maybe in some cases but my point is its fab she wants to do it! Theres sooo many overweight kids these days it makes me sad that their parents dont care about shovelliing in junk and letting them sit on games or watch tv for hours. Well done for encouraging an active lifestyle! My mum has always been overweight and i think it has had a knock on effect on me... Determined it wont effect my kids tho! Not that i have much to worry about yet, my boys are 4 and 1 so naturally have ants in their pants and are obsessed with fruit!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Can i ask why do u weigh? I dont weigh because i dont think its accurate. Your weight is different every time of the day. I weighed 11 stone before i started exercising. I lost 5cm of my stomach and an inch and a half of my arms and same with thighs. And i still weigh 11 stone!

Maybe your exercising turned fat into muscle? And muscle weighs more than fat so that's a possibility when your exercising well that you may not loose as much x

Yeah i know its turning into muscle as i have hired a personal trainer and im feeling very toned. Was just wondering why people choose to weigh themselves.

May I ask how long ago you've started working out and what your routine involves? And how many calories a day, roughly, you're consuming?
You should save your weigh-ins for the end of the week. Naturally, our body weighs different throughout the day. We eat, we drink, we carry bowel, we empty bowel, we retain water, you get the picture. :lol: Naturally, we will weigh more later on in the day, so the best time to weigh-in is in the morning.

Also, different body types drop weight differently. For example, I'm short and stocky. :lol: I naturally bulk up in muscles before I drop weight. Some people drop loads of weight before they begin to see muscles. Weighing ourselves is just a way to check our progress. True the way our clothes fit should be good. But... some use weight as an indicator (not always good, especially if you are stocky). I weigh myself to make sure I haven't gained. I don't get upset if I still weigh the same because, as someone said earlier, most likely I've converted some of the fat to muscles. A pound of muscles and a pound of fat is still a pound, but they have different densities. Fat takes up more space. Loose clothes but same weight = turned fat to muscles. Yay! :lol:

If you've dropped weight before and have been weighing the same ever since for a period of time, chances are you've hit a plateau. Your body has become accustomed to your routine. You need to switch things up in your workout routine to get your body out that resting stage. Try increasing weights or do more reps. Do a different cardio exercise. Hope that helps y'all! xx

Last edited:
3x a week i train with my trainer. What you see on telly. These tough boot camps. All the blood sweat and tears minus the screaming at me lol. We always change and mix it up so i dont get used to it. We go heavier on weights every couple of weeks. Do a random program midway to shock my body. I weigh exactly same. It doesnt matter to me wen i first started i has really chubby thighs. Now they are slim and really toned. Hardly any fat now.my arms have slimmed down a lot but got some work there yet same with stomach.

And i don't watch calorie intake. I can have 10g of sugar and 10g of saturated fat a day. 2x fruit and 3x vegetable. And protein so chicken etc.

You might be stocky built like me :lol: I've been the same 121 pounds for like 6 months now, but I am a lot more toned and leaner than when I started.

Arghh lost motivation but back on it tomorrow!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Arghh lost motivation but back on it tomorrow!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

If it helps, I ate at TGI Fridays on Friday and pigged out on chilli cheese fries and a big ol' chocolate milkshake at an American style diner last night. :lol: I think I was just really excited I found a diner that reminded me of home!

If it helps, I ate at TGI Fridays on Friday and pigged out on chilli cheese fries and a big ol' chocolate milkshake at an American style diner last night. :lol: I think I was just really excited I found a diner that reminded me of home!

It does ... Oo bet you enjoyed it at the time!
Once I hit the gym again I'll be back on it 😉

I've had this app for over a year and never used it, after reading this I've decided I should give it a go. I want to lose 2 stones by November (4 months) my calorie allowance is 1200 which seems impossible, the app seemed a bit complicated which I think is why i hadn't used it but the thought of having friends to advise and support you and see how your going seems like it would be a lot more encouraging.
My username is - janice1986
Please add me, when I get the chance I will re read this and add you all.
As its is Monday tomorrow it's the perfect time to get started but in the mean time I am going to settle down, watch a film and eat some chocolate before tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone else!
Xx

I've had this app for over a year and never used it, after reading this I've decided I should give it a go. I want to lose 2 stones by November (4 months) my calorie allowance is 1200 which seems impossible, the app seemed a bit complicated which I think is why i hadn't used it but the thought of having friends to advise and support you and see how your going seems like it would be a lot more encouraging.
My username is - janice1986
Please add me, when I get the chance I will re read this and add you all.
As its is Monday tomorrow it's the perfect time to get started but in the mean time I am going to settle down, watch a film and eat some chocolate before tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone else!
Xx
I'll add you :)

All excepted, thanks! X

I've added u.

I'm doing so badly at the minute, just can't seem to get back on track. x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've added u.

And me... Hoping to start again tomorrow - got to try harder x

We should try and update on this thread each week as the app doesn't record if we put on x

I've added u.

But why? :cry:

Maybe we could create a new group ? What's your thoughts girlies? ;)

Latest posts

Back