New contract of employment help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon beauty

Reaction score
Hi all!
Ive not long had a beauty salon and im now taking on an employee and need to get a contract of employment drawn up!
Only thing is Im not quite sure as to if there is a special type of contract I need (it being the beauty industry) and what clauses etc i should have in there?? Otherwise I may shoot myself in the foot if I have any implications in the future..!
I know you can put clauses in (and if there was a choice from a list of ones to choose from that i hadnt thought of that would be great!) but not sure of exactly how to go about creating the right contract and what clauses even exist!
I dont want to spend loads on a solicitor as its only a small salon but any help, advise or if i could even have a nose or template of any contracts that would be very very appreciated!!
Many thanks!! x x x x

Hi !
I am also trying to sort out a contract for a part time therapist (my 1st employee ) eeeeek !
I have started to use the contract template on business link, but am not sure it is going to cover everything I need to have in there.
I definitely know I want a clause about training costs if the therapist leaves, but not 100%percent on what these scales/costs should be.
This my job for today (only day off this week)
I would be greatful also if anyone could help with this ?
JoJo xx

I will message you a copy of contract template.
Lynn

if you have a clause re training you could say that if staff leave within a year of training that you will deduct amount of training cost from their last pay or they have to pay back if not enough or you could ask staff to pay a monthly amount out of salary to cover the training then if they leave they have paid for it but you have still benefited from it x

I will message you a copy of contract template.
Lynn

Hi, are you able to email me a template too please as i am also taking on my first employee!!

Many thank

Maria

hello i own my own salon i know these threads are old but didnt know if anyone could help me out with an employment contract or agreement.

many thanks

hello i own my own salon i know these threads are old but didnt know if anyone could help me out with an employment contract or agreement.

many thanks

I wouldn't mind jumping in on this too , iv people are still willing too help 😘

You can see some ACAS-endorsed guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/employment-contracts-and-conditions

If you want to include a clause that provides for an employee repaying training costs on leaving your employment within a certain period, I do recommend doing some more research or if at all possible, paying for an hour of a solicitor's time to advise on this as these types of clause can be difficult to enforce if they are not properly drafted. The same goes for restrictive covenants, e.g. anything restricting where they can work on leaving your employment. You need to be careful with these types of clause to get them right.

Hello, can someone send me a template or guidance of an employment contract please for beauty. Many thanks x :)

Hi geeks,
I'm jumping onto the end of this thread in hope of some help. I am too in the position to be taking on my first employee and am confused over what contract to get and what needs to be included in it??? The main thing i need it (because it will be freelance work) is that I want them working under my business name and not poaching the work for themselves! Would anyone be able to help please, thank you so much geeks.

Is there any chance you could share the any template,copy of employment with me as I am in the same position at the moment.

Good luck with your newbie

Many thanks

Hey I'm taking on my first member of staff too! A copy of a contract would be amazing if anyone can help thanks xx

Hi geeks,
I'm jumping onto the end of this thread in hope of some help. I am too in the position to be taking on my first employee and am confused over what contract to get and what needs to be included in it??? The main thing i need it (because it will be freelance work) is that I want them working under my business name and not poaching the work for themselves! Would anyone be able to help please, thank you so much geeks.

Confused! Are you employing them or will they be self employed!

You need to be very clear about which one it is.

Secondly, ensure any arrangements you enter into are both enforceable and not deemed a sham arrangement by HMRC in order to avoid paying employee NI, tax etc. otherwise, you will end up seriously stressed and out of pocket.

Unless you have a very simple arrangement, it's always worth paying for professional help to make sure the contract is watertight!

Could someone please send me a template and any info to [email protected] many thanks I'm advance :)

Hi I feel so cheeky but I too am in need of a contract and all the ones I have looked at online are making me dizzy lol. Would just like a look at one that is being used in the beauty business. Thanks

I'm in the same position as it seems most people are in this thread - I need a contract too!

I would really appreciate it if someone could msg me one, or...I'm going to be the one to ask the white elephant question in the room here...

...can someone not just post a copy?

I'm in the same position as it seems most people are in this thread - I need a contract too!

I would really appreciate it if someone could msg me one, or...I'm going to be the one to ask the white elephant question in the room here...

...can someone not just post a copy?

I am an HR Manager by day, nail tech by night! The best place to get a standard employee contract is the ACAS website, they will have a template and everything is covered re employment law if you need advice about taking on an employee. HTH x

I just don't get it?

In the Consumer Queries Forum, posters get trounced on if they say they want to do their own nails, hair, waxing etc. and they've watched YouTube videos and bought their products from eBay but they're having a few problems and can a professional please advise them. Geeks get rightly huffy about having spent £xxx training and learning how to do things properly and safely (such as knowing about contraindications), and that you can't learn all this from online videos.

BUT, you think it's perfectly sensible to request a template employment contract from an online Hair & Beauty forum so you can amend it yourself to include additional clauses such as recouping training costs if employees leave, restricting mobile working etc...? :eek:

If anyone is truly serious about running a business and employing staff then why cut corners? Use a professional who has experience in the area you need assistance with. Just because you are waving a written document around that your employee has signed doesn't mean it actually has any legal standing.

Like any professional industry, you can shop around for someone who will provide the level of service that you want at a price point to suit you. You don't have to use the local solicitors on the high street but in some cases, they will be your best bet for their local knowledge etc. ACAS and your trade bodies (such as NHF) can provide legal advise on employment matters too so why not use them?

They will also be able to draft working policies, staff handbooks and help you deal with performance and disciplinary issues etc.

Horses for courses as the saying goes... :)

Hi Kimberley, have emailed you the templates, sorry it took so long, didn't see your message for ages! Not sure if any good for you but at least will give you an idea! Xxx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back