New contract of employment help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't get it?

In the Consumer Queries Forum, posters get trounced on if they say they want to do their own nails, hair, waxing etc. and they've watched YouTube videos and bought their products from eBay but they're having a few problems and can a professional please advise them. Geeks get rightly huffy about having spent £xxx training and learning how to do things properly and safely (such as knowing about contraindications), and that you can't learn all this from online videos.

BUT, you think it's perfectly sensible to request a template employment contract from an online Hair & Beauty forum so you can amend it yourself to include additional clauses such as recouping training costs if employees leave, restricting mobile working etc...? :eek:

If anyone is truly serious about running a business and employing staff then why cut corners? Use a professional who has experience in the area you need assistance with. Just because you are waving a written document around that your employee has signed doesn't mean it actually has any legal standing.

Like any professional industry, you can shop around for someone who will provide the level of service that you want at a price point to suit you. You don't have to use the local solicitors on the high street but in some cases, they will be your best bet for their local knowledge etc. ACAS and your trade bodies (such as NHF) can provide legal advise on employment matters too so why not use them?

They will also be able to draft working policies, staff handbooks and help you deal with performance and disciplinary issues etc.

Horses for courses as the saying goes... :)

Just in case anyone doesn't have a back button... ;-)

Last edited:
I'm with afew of the others, why don't people seek professional advice and bloody pay for there own contract.
I wonder what else people cut corners on, eBay products maybe!
This is a professional site so be professional.

Hi, Hope someone can help, im totally stressing about trying to get an employment contract made up. Iv not had one in the past and have learnt my mistake as employees jus take the mick.
Can anyone send me a template including all the general issues that needs to be included. I kinda know what i want to say in it but its trying to put it into proper wording.

Thank in advance

My email is [email protected]

Your best off getting your own drawn up as everyone's requirements are different and unless done by a professional and 100% legal it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Your best off getting your own drawn up as everyone's requirements are different and unless done by a professional and 100% legal it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Quite agree. Save a few quid by using a free download, but you could lose thousands when someone sues you for wrongful dismisle :sad:

Hi, Hope someone can help, im totally stressing about trying to get an employment contract made up. Iv not had one in the past and have learnt my mistake as employees jus take the mick.
Can anyone send me a template including all the general issues that needs to be included. I kinda know what i want to say in it but its trying to put it into proper wording.

Thank in advance

My email is [email protected]

I can't see from your profile whether you are hair or beauty but if hair contact the National Hair Federation, you will get much more than just a contract which is free. You'll get handbooks (free) and all the literature you want, some of it for nothing as falls under your subscription. I understand their contracts can be used for beauty as well but ask them prior to signing up.

You will get legal back up with this if needed. Don't run the risk of an employee knowing more than you and take you to the cleaners.

Copying another contract may not be specific to your business and needs.

Last edited:
hi
i am a beauty therapist. i have an employee who i dont have a contract for yet!! i am also taking on a new salon and will be employing both beauty and hair. can anyone point me in the right direction of where to get templates or something please?
thank you so much!!!
:hug:

hi
i am a beauty therapist. i have an employee who i dont have a contract for yet!! i am also taking on a new salon and will be employing both beauty and hair. can anyone point me in the right direction of where to get templates or something please?
thank you so much!!!
:hug:

go to a solicitor and get one drawn up specifically for you. Money well spent I promise you.

Latest posts

Back