Non-paying client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly ~ she said she could call her bank up and organise for the money to be transfered but because she is in hospital, she can't get her cheque book, therefore can't even post date the cheque. I still think she isn't even in hospital. It is so frustrating ~ my Mum has been really ill herself these last few months but one thing she would not do is pay a bill, mind you she wouldn't not pay a bill to start with. I AM SO ANNOYED!!!!!! xx

Without going through the whole thread, how much does she actually owe you?

I'd be angry too hun in fact I am angry for you!!! tell me something if she's in "hospital" how did she get your letter???? Are you telling me (not you personally Shellie) that she has got someone going into the house to pick up her mail ?? could she not get someone to pick up her chq book for her?? She is a complete scammer you see this through hun. I reckon she is just hoping you'll drop it if she fobs you off for long enough :mad: so angry 4 you:hug:

Why don't you pop into your local police station hun and see what they advise - this is theft we are talking about after all? You never know, maybe they will pay her a visit (although this is probably unlikely). At least you will have their advice on the best course of action and also there will be a log at the police station that you have reported it.

I think this has gone on long enough, this woman obviously has no intention of paying. I would imagine if you turned up at her house she would be there (not that I would encourage that).

Hope you get it sorted, and sooner rather than later.

Jen
x

Thank you Donna and Jen, I am really angry still!!! Actually my boyfriend is a policeman which is reallllly handy!!!!! xx

Love....just knock on the door and say "Hi (blah) you forgot to give me my money and my accountant is going on at me...(roll eyes) a cheque would be fine but cash works better because I can give it straight to them before they start any proceedings...ya know?"
These accountants just don't let it go and I don't want you to get in any trouble.......
:)
and just keep smiling whist you are doing it !!

Thank you Donna and Jen, I am really angry still!!! Actually my boyfriend is a policeman which is reallllly handy!!!!! xx

I fail to see how that can be handy, its a civil matter and really nothing to do with the Police. Unless of course your Boyfriend is one of those beyond the law :rolleyes:

I fail to see how that can be handy, its a civil matter and really nothing to do with the Police. Unless of course your Boyfriend is one of those beyond the law :rolleyes:

Last time I looked thief was a criminal matter! There may be some hazy ground as she may have given the impression that it was o.k for her to pay later. I'm sure her boyfriend is an excellent policeman. A crime has been committed she has refused to pay there and then and then and has left the salon. However reporting it will not mean they can solve the crime but it does record the occurrence.She may then find she is not the only business person this woman has conned in the area. I would have thought is only a civil matter if she said there was a problem with the service and then the client refused to pay. You can always ask advise of your local police as to whether a crime has been committed but either way it seems a debt collector will be the best option. Or you can sue her with a "small claims track" form at your local county court. You will be suing her for breach of contract. But write to her to inform her of this and she may pay up.

This seems like a lot of hassle though I would try one last time to explain to her that you need payment now to do your accounts and say she will need to pay you immediately or you will have to assume she is not going to pay you and take it further.

Last edited:
Last time I looked thief was a criminal matter! I'm sure her boyfriend is an excellent policeman. She may then find she is not the only business person this woman has conned in the area. A crime has been committed.
Beat me to it hun, I also think Fitzs last comment was totally uncalled for.

Last time I looked thief was a criminal matter! There may be some hazy ground as she may have given the impression that it was o.k for her to pay later. I'm sure her boyfriend is an excellent policeman. A crime has been committed she has refused to pay there and then and then and has left the salon. However reporting it will not mean they can solve the crime but it does record the occurrence.She may then find she is not the only business person this woman has conned in the area. I would have thought is only a civil matter if she said there was a problem with the service and then the client refused to pay. You can always ask advise of your local police as to whether a crime has been committed but either way it seems a debt collector will be the best option. Or you can sue her with a "small claims track" form at your local county court. You will be suing her for breach of contract. But write to her to inform her of this and she may pay up.

This seems like a lot of hassle though I would try one last time to explain to her that you need payment now to do your accounts and say she will need to pay you immediately or you will have to assume she is not going to pay you and take it further.

I was basing my view on exactly what I have read so far. For me the person doing the Work really hasn't done enough to recover her money and she certainly hasn't done it the right way either. Therefore it would be very hard to suggest its a crime, it could be that the Client is not happy with what has been done and with this she is entitled not to pay. She could certainly say this now and the Police wouldn't do a thing about it, they would simply say its a civil matter. Go through the right channels to try and recover your money. That happens and really its been left far to open ended. Also some of the advise on here has been unrealistic to say the least, really she should have gone and done things about this elsewhere rather than to seek advice on here. There's a procedure in place to stop this happening in the 1st place and then to recover your money.
Sorry but for me it appears this has not been done.

Also some of the advise on here has been unrealistic to say the least, really she should have gone and done things about this elsewhere rather than to seek advice on here. There's a procedure in place to stop this happening in the 1st place and then to recover your money.
Sorry but for me it appears this has not been done.
But when something like this happens, and you don't know what the procedures are, then why not ask on salon geek to see if anyone has either been through this, or knows the best way to proceed. Some people often put links to the correct places to go.

Its a very confusing situation and not something that happens daily. It also acts as a very powerful warning and a reminder that any of us could be put into this situation. so again, its helpful to have a discussion on what would be the best way to deal with this.

have you got an update for us Shellie?

But when something like this happens, and you don't know what the procedures are, then why not ask on salon geek to see if anyone has either been through this, or knows the best way to proceed. Some people often put links to the correct places to go.

Its a very confusing situation and not something that happens daily. It also acts as a very powerful warning and a reminder that any of us could be put into this situation. so again, its helpful to have a discussion on what would be the best way to deal with this.

I have no problem with that at all other than it appears to have wasted her time in trying to resolve the issue. Then again, it always was going to when you have people saying 'use your boyfriend because he's a copper' :rolleyes:

Really what will that solve? Surely she would have been better off having a chat with the CAB or even 1/2 hour free with a Solicitor. At least she would know exactly where she was at and really what to do next. I bet the situation is still nowhere near being resolved which kind of proves my point.

I have no problem with that at all other than it appears to have wasted her time in trying to resolve the issue. Then again, it always was going to when you have people saying 'use your boyfriend because he's a copper' :rolleyes:

Really what will that solve? Surely she would have been better off having a chat with the CAB or even 1/2 hour free with a Solicitor. At least she would know exactly where she was at and really what to do next. I bet the situation is still nowhere near being resolved which kind of proves my point.

No one said 'use your boyfriend because he's a copper'. You need to realise that just because you would know how to deal with this situation it doesn't mean everyone does, we all have to learn from our mistakes. It is more constructive to offer advise rather than criticise. You may need help in the future and how would you feel if someone turned around to you when you needed help and just told you what you had done wrong rather than supporting you. i am not sure your help has been any more useful to be honest.

Surely she would have been better off having a chat with the CAB or even 1/2 hour free with a Solicitor

This is constructive and would have been a very helpful post. I guess it's sometimes not what you say but how you say it. :)

Last edited:
No one said 'use your boyfriend because he's a copper'. You need to realise that just because you would know how to deal with this situation it doesn't mean everyone does. It is more constructive to offer advise rather than criticise. You may need help in the future and how would you feel if someone turned around to you when you needed help and just told you what you had done wrong rather than supporting you. i am not sure your help has been any more useful to be honest.

This is constructive and would have been a very helpful post. I guess it's sometimes not what you say but how you say it. :)

They probably didn't say it but they certianly suggested it. Even the thread starter did. Anyway sorry about the rest, you are right. Just one day I may need advise, I doubt it but who knows.
After my last 'ask' on here I doubt that I'll be doing it again here though. A simple question turned into a witch hunt which resulted in a ban. Some advice that was!

They probably didn't say it but they certianly suggested it. Even the thread starter did. Anyway sorry about the rest, you are right. Just one day I may need advise, I doubt it but who knows.
After my last 'ask' on here I doubt that I'll be doing it again here though. A simple question turned into a witch hunt which resulted in a ban. Some advice that was!

So you know how it feels then. Apology accepted (hopefully on everyones behalf)- lets all play nicely! :) We can all read into stuff but we have to take things at face value so therefore we have to be careful how we write things. I am sure people will help you if you need help on anything. We all need support even if we don't want advise. :hug:

Hopefully now Shellie will be able to sort this situation out. x

So you know how it feels then. Apology accepted (hopefully on everyones behalf)- lets all play nicely! :) We can all read into stuff but we have to take things at face value so therefore we have to be careful how we write things. I am sure people will help you if you need help on anything. We all need support even if we don't want advise. :hug:

Hopefully now Shellie will be able to sort this situation out. x

I doubt it as I honestly believe its gone beyond that, we'll see though.

Oh and I want to give you one of those hugs back but I can't, can you give some advice as to where I can find one so I can do it? :biggrin:

I doubt it as I honestly believe its gone beyond that, we'll see though.

Oh and I want to give you one of those hugs back but I can't, can you give some advice as to where I can find one so I can do it? :biggrin:

: hug : without spaces :hug:

I was joking tbh...when I said to take him with you in uniform...as you can imagine.
I have offered the best advice I can hun, if you don't get the money I guess it's something to put down to experience so it doesn't happen again x
If someone came to my door with a copper it would make my day.....I've always wanted a strippergram:biggrin:

Thank you for sticking up for me guys.

As for Fitz's comments ~ I have at no point said I'm going to send my boyfriend round to 'cos he's a copper' ~ where the hell did you get that one from???? I simply said I will go with my boyfriend and he is a policeman. By that I mean he has an authoritive manner and is good support for me. To be honest, this has made me feel really silly for asking for some simple advise

Latest posts

Back