Non-paying client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for sticking up for me guys.

As for Fitz's comments ~ I have at no point said I'm going to send my boyfriend round to 'cos he's a copper' ~ where the hell did you get that one from???? I simply said I will go with my boyfriend and he is a policeman. By that I mean he has an authoritive manner and is good support for me. To be honest, this has made me feel really silly for asking for some simple advise

Apologies then as I obviously misunderstood what you was saying, sorry ok?

Please don't feel silly about asking for help, its obviously a bad situation for you. Take a look back at my previous posts and contact CAB or insist on a 1/2 free chat with a solicitor. I genuinely misunderstood what you said.

Have you sorted it yet hun? x

Apology accepted Fitz. Didn't mean to be so touchy about it either.

Latest on the issue, she wasn't able to pay before the 20th so I have given her 7 days from there or I am taking the issue to a small claims court. That is a good idea about taking it the CAB, I hadn't actually thought of that xx

Thank you for sticking up for me guys.

As for Fitz's comments ~ I have at no point said I'm going to send my boyfriend round to 'cos he's a copper' ~ where the hell did you get that one from???? I simply said I will go with my boyfriend and he is a policeman. By that I mean he has an authoritive manner and is good support for me. To be honest, this has made me feel really silly for asking for some simple advise
Also, we all (well some of us) have something called a sense of humour! Sometimes a 'tongue in cheek' comment can either lift the person feeling down or remind everyone that its not the end of the world.

shellie, get yourself to CAB (as Fitz mentioned). Then when the 7 days are up start proceedings.don't bother contacting her again after the 7 days, she is hoping that you give up on her.

sorry just logged back into this thread. It is initially civil but providing proof a letter was sent requesting the money the police can arrest the non payer for theft.

This has been something I have seen done on many occasions.

I hope you get your money back honey without having to go through the agony of court.

Kate xx

sorry just logged back into this thread. It is initially civil but providing proof a letter was sent requesting the money the police can arrest the non payer for theft.

This has been something I have seen done on many occasions.

I hope you get your money back honey without having to go through the agony of court.

Kate xx

I don't think so! They wouldn't do a thing, thats why there is a procedure in place in this country to recover money owed. Its not theft when paying for a service, lets face it the Client could come up with a number of reasons why they are not paying. If they do then thats not theft, hence the reason you will always need to go through the Courts and maybe even face arbitration..

Fitz is correct, the police will not get invloved in a case like this it's up to you to use the small claims court. It is not classed as theft in this case either, it is a bad debt that is out of your credit terms (even though those terms are cash on delivery). Either write the debt off or take her through the small claims court. Although this will still not guarantee that you get your money at least it will show that you are not going to be mucked around.

Small claims court is not too complicated or expensive. In my previous life as a credit manager it was £10 fee per £100 claimed (although this was 10 years ago!).

Don't let people think that they can take you for a ride, make a professional stand, but be prepared to chalk it up to experience.

Good luck :hug:

Fitz is correct, the police will not get invloved in a case like this it's up to you to use the small claims court. It is not classed as theft in this case either, it is a bad debt that is out of your credit terms (even though those terms are cash on delivery). Either write the debt off or take her through the small claims court. Although this will still not guarantee that you get your money at least it will show that you are not going to be mucked around.

Small claims court is not too complicated or expensive. In my previous life as a credit manager it was £10 fee per £100 claimed (although this was 10 years ago!).

Don't let people think that they can take you for a ride, make a professional stand, but be prepared to chalk it up to experience.

Good luck :hug:

I have already advised her to do this, that is what I would do and then I would do this: Without naming names and after you get a Judgement via the Small Claims Court (which I am sure you would). I would simply make a friendlyish Flyer and stick it within view somewhere within your Salon simply explaining what has happened and will happen again if any other such Clients try it on. Basically do not let any Client feel you are a soft touch, whether to do with this experience or anyone else who maybe feeling lucky. Punks

OK enoughs enough.
PM me her address:lol::lol::lol:
Seriously though...there's been really good advice in this thread.
Get it sorted if you can.
Ringing the Police would like be ringing them to say a kids playing knock a door run.
No kids play that anymore do they..they're so boring.:)

Update for you all ~ she paid today!!!!! I can't believe it!! Her 7 days were up on Sat and she hadn't paid so I was going to go to the CAB when a Postal Order came through the post today along with a letter!! She didn't pay the full £141 but she did pay the £92 which was how much the treatments that I did do on her, came to. The rest was for appointments that hadn't been cancelled in time. I'm happy with this though. The most important thing is that I have learnt my lesson to always take a deposit on big appointments and get them to pay upfront.

Thank you for all of your help and advice! xx

wahoooo! result!

That's what I thought ~ result!!! xx

That brilliant news! thank god it wasn't a cheque that could bounce!

Brill news mate, really pleased for you:hug:

Thank you! I'm very surprised!! xx

what did she say in her letter, any sort of an appology?

what did she say in her letter, any sort of an appology?

Susan...love....we expect too much alas, I guess :lol:
Even so. You live and learn and try not to make the same mistake again.:hug:

Update for you all ~ she paid today!!!!! I can't believe it!! Her 7 days were up on Sat and she hadn't paid so I was going to go to the CAB when a Postal Order came through the post today along with a letter!! She didn't pay the full £141 but she did pay the £92 which was how much the treatments that I did do on her, came to. The rest was for appointments that hadn't been cancelled in time. I'm happy with this though. The most important thing is that I have learnt my lesson to always take a deposit on big appointments and get them to pay upfront.

Thank you for all of your help and advice! xx

Did she re-book by any chance?

Well done Shellie and thank you for sharing your story with us so we can all learn to avoid dishonest clients.

Latest posts

Back