Non-paying client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done for not giving up hun its paid off. and defo a lesson for all of us to learn from xxx

Congrats that this got sorted albeit with a lot of stress on your part! Now take half of that and go for a relaxing body treatment lol!! You deserve it hun!

Ooh so happy for you!

xx

Tut, tut PMSL

Actually it was just a little joke seeing has she's had a horrid time. Its not nice.

tutut yourself lol
Now make it better please?:)
WITH MANNERS!!:smack:

Given what she said I think my advice earlier on helped her somewhat. Call it a playful joke apposed to a mickey taking one :Kissing:

Hmm ok I'll let you off.....:lol:

He he, you all make me laugh!! She didn't rebook. The letter was literally scribbled by her so I couldn't really make much sense of it but I think the point of what she was trying to say was that she believes she paid me for the treatments that she did have so this money was her being 'kind' and paying me for her cancelling the 2 appointments late!! The £92 does cover the treatments that she had but not the ones she cancelled but I'm just pleased to have that money!!!

I'm glad that you all have learnt something from it, I certainly have too! You have all just given me the perfect excuse to go and have some pampering myself!!!!! yippppeeeee!! xx

hi with regards to this thread i almost had a similar situation with a client last week shes been about 8 times to me since ive opened salon 7 months ago and normally comes for a lip/chin wax every 2 months and other different treatments, but would always phone on the day or an hour before to get an appointment and never pre-books and just assumes i wont be busy as im a new salon.
the phoned the day before and wanted a specific time for that day but i couldnt do it so i said i could do tomorrow the following day for her but she said she couldnt do it as shes off work for being ill and will get back to me.
the next day she phoned and i booked her in for midday when she turned up 4 her appointment she told me she had no money on her as her sister has her card to do some shopping with it as shes not meant 2 drive however she seemed fine driving to me for her pedicure treatment. i was abit hesistant doing the treatment knowing she had come to me without bringing any money as she knew she was having her treatment and how much it costed-if she couldnt afford it then she shouldnt of came i personally would be embrassed and never go anywhere without either cash/card or cheque or me.
i explained to her that she can either pay by cash or cheque if she doesnt have her card on her she continued with excuses so remembering this thread i insisted that i would need the money by the end of the day as i like to cash up and she assured me that her sister would bring it to her a.s.a.p so i proceeded with the treatment.
Still acted fine with her and had no choice but to trust her i am sure though others would not of carried out the treatment in the 1st place knowing she had no method of payment. still gave her tea/coffee/biscuuits and offered her magazines 2 read throughout treatment.
When finished no sign of sister who only went to tesco's 10mins away from the morning so she said what time do you close i said 6pm she said ill bring it down i wont let you down.
as it approached 5pm no sign of her yet or my £24 then the phone rang she said that her f****** sister is stuck in traffic so she cant get to her 2 bring the card round to me, my member of staff on reception repeated that as i allready told her that a cheque payment would be fine even though on this ocassion their wont be a cheque guanratee card. so within five mins she drove round angrilly and brought the cheque round and at that time she could see i was with a client in the nail room so she wanted to make it heard to them and said i really felt 'as though you didnt trust me,
then i started having my client asking me questions about her not paying which i didnt want to make known.
did i do the right thing i mean i can't just trust anyone when its a business im trying to run but i really felt that the fact i did do the treatment shows i did trust her so there was no need for her 2 pass a coment like that.

layla louise, i do think you did the right thing.
in act i think you were very generous doing the treatment at all to be honest.
i dont think that i would have unless i knew the client very well and only a low value treatment too.
where else could she go and get free goods, you cant do that in sainsburys can you ?

Hi Layla Louise! I definitely think you did the right thing. I think she is being rude for expecting you to be ok with her not paying you!!! Who do these people think we are? charities???? No, we are trying to make a living too ~ we have bills to pay and mouths to feed too!!! It makes me soooo angry....

Good for you LL - so what if your other client overheard the non-paying client moaning about having to come back and pay up? it sends out the message that you're not going to be messed about and taken advantage of. Hopefully Mrs Freeloader will not rebook, as you certainly don't need clients like her wasting your time. Don't even worry about what your nail client thought anyway, they love a bit of drama/gossip in the salon, it makes them feel part of it all and I bet she was right on your side too.

For anyone who hasn't already got them in their Salon, please get merchant services. You can really alleviate this sort of thing and if they're advertised well enough you won't get chancers trying it on. Don't be put off by the cost either, you can get some cracking deals.

I agree although merchant services suit businesses with a higher card revenue but banks charge minimums if your turn over lower which can prove costly. SilverPay have a fully managed service where by you do not have to have your own merchant account or any business relationship with the bank and their minimum contract is only three months so you’re not tied in for years. They also have a “virtual terminal” so you can access your account online and take payment in that way which means for clients with a history of no show or not paying you can take a booking fee and capture their card details before hand. For more info go to www.silverpay.co.uk
Helen

I think Layla Louise already has merchant services (so do I). The point is that even with merchant services, you always get those horrible people that try their luck and like to have treatments and either pay (much) later or not pay at all!!!

It would be a good idea to get clients to pay before their treatment but that's not always ideal xx

omg this story got me so worked up.. bloody laughin at myself now though lol.. but omg i would have no hair left if this happend to me.. well done on gettin you money back..x

Tell me about it Kyliebby, it was a bit stressful but I'm glad it's all sorted now!!! xx

Latest posts

Back