Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385747040.893038.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385747055.690984.jpg

Some I did today!

Beauty Therapist and Training Associate

They're really funky!! Are they done with shellac? And if so, how did you do them? Was it - base coat, cure. 2 colour coats cured. Top coat cure, wipe & buff. Then draw then top coat & cure??

Thanks hun! Yes that's exactly how I did them :) x

Beauty Therapist and Training Associate

I was so excited to go out & buy some sharpies, they'd been on my 'to get' list for a while & I forgot about them until this post popped back up recently. Anyway the day I purchased them my client coincidentally wanted leopard print ;) so here's my first go! I must say I love the finished look in comparison to doing the whole print with shellac. Just the black is sharpie!
I used the method of top coating after colour & wiping with d-sperse, buffing slightly, applying sharpie & top coating again. I have seen this client a week later & no bubbling/colour fade etc. so I'd highly recommend :) xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385886856.654379.jpg

I was so excited to go out & buy some sharpies, they'd been on my 'to get' list for a while & I forgot about them until this post popped back up recently. Anyway the day I purchased them my client coincidentally wanted leopard print ;) so here's my first go! I must say I love the finished look in comparison to doing the whole print with shellac. Just the black is sharpie!
I used the method of top coating after colour & wiping with d-sperse, buffing slightly, applying sharpie & top coating again. I have seen this client a week later & no bubbling/colour fade etc. so I'd highly recommend :) xxView attachment 49355

Ooh they're lovely! Did you have to wait for them to rdy before applying topcoat again?

Ooh they're lovely! Did you have to wait for them to rdy before applying topcoat again?

Not long to be honest, I drew it on while the other hand was curing & then painted the top coat right at the end of the two mins. Same with the other hand, waited right until the end of the other hand curing before top coating. So I probably gave them a good minute each time? I think that's part of the idea of buffing though so it doesn't sit on the shiny surface of the top coat & has a bit more to grip/soak into? Possibly lol x

Not long to be honest, I drew it on while the other hand was curing & then painted the top coat right at the end of the two mins. Same with the other hand, waited right until the end of the other hand curing before top coating. So I probably gave them a good minute each time? I think that's part of the idea of buffing though so it doesn't sit on the shiny surface of the top coat & has a bit more to grip/soak into? Possibly lol x

Great! Thanks very much 😊

Has anyone tried these on calgel? X

You's are talking about sharpie, as in sharpie the felt pen?😁

I've tried the sharpies at Christmas as my nail art isn't very good! TBH I wasn't that impressed altho maybe it's just me?? Also when I applied a gem to glue made the ink run... Lol first attempts tho so practice always makes perfect! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388961174.075089.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388961182.783730.jpg

I am loving this post!

off i go to order some sharpies... haha this will be fun!!

At one of the recent Shellac pro certification courses, our newest tech was shown how to do this by the educator. Studio white then a red heart with a sharpie and I CND written so basically, I heart/love CND.

Does the sharpie come off easily?
Sorry of this is a stupid question!!

Does the sharpie come off easily?
Sorry of this is a stupid question!!

No, as your doing the sharpie designs before top coating. So the topcoat protects the design

Some lovely , inspiring work here :)
I have a $10 gift card for art shop maybe ill get some sharpies lol

I have, and just like Shellac, I top coat twice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Loooooove these!

I just got a reply back from CND on Facebook and they said they wouldn't recommend using Sharpies as a nail art tool on clients (even though they did it for one of their Lookbooks Fall/Winter 2013) - confused much? 😕

Last edited:
Hey everyone i could dö with done help, i purchased a load of sharpies i tried doing nail art with them last night, i did my design but had made a mistake i tried removing with uv cleanser, as thats my equivalent too 100% alcohol, it removed it but left a Blue smudge Line, i touched it up, carried on to second hand, was pretty sure first hand was dry as it took me forever to do second hand, top coated it with gelosophy top coat, sharpie, smudged everywhere, removed it started again this time didnt topcoat, went to bed last night, woke up Its smudged, i cant win, i used my bfs money to get them bought them in all dif colours and have ordered the metallic Ones, didnt know you could get White, need to make it work now, would apreciate any advise

Ill post 2 pics first one being before i went to bed last night, second ons being what i woke up too

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its not letting me upload Pictures Its saying i need to be logged in everytime i try to upload a Picture, but i am logged in
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back