Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380487676.478785.jpgbargain! Can't wait to use them!

Gonna get myself down tomorrow to get some

Has anyone tried using Sharpies with Vinylux? x

Has anyone tried using Sharpies with Vinylux? x

I have, and just like Shellac, I top coat twice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1383416294468.jpg
    1383416294468.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 959
Hi everyone i read this post over the wkend and found these lovely metallic sharpies in ryman for £4.99!! I couldnt find them online so maybe they are only available in store. Perfect for the feative season! :)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1383587594448.jpg
    1383587594448.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 797
Also do they dry instantly? Or do you find you need to give them a minute before top coat?x

I accidently sharpie'd my shellac nails at work today :( it dries very quick.....

Hey guys... I've been using sharpies for a while, I actually emailed the company first to ensure there would be no problem using them for nail art, explained that only be used over acrylic or shellac .. They replied saying it should be fine..and to maybe try on myself first...
Great for detailed work.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey guys... I've been using sharpies for a while, I actually emailed the company first to ensure there would be no problem using them for nail art, explained that only be used over acrylic or shellac .. They replied saying it should be fine..and to maybe try on myself first...
Great for detailed work.

Hiya, would you mind sending a pic of the sharpies you use please?
I think I may have picked the wrong ones up as they don't work on shellac?

And what is your process please??

Thanks very much 😊☺️

Ooh exciting! Fab idea! Can you use any pens or does it need to be sharpies?? I take it you remove sticky layer after second cat of colour? X

Nicola! Xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385566555.117066.jpg this only one I've got at home!
I bought a pack of 24 off eBay.. Tend to use black the most... Find These better than the really fine nib... As the ink jet black ..
If over acrylic I buff but no shine then apply UV glaze n go...
If shellac I apply 1st top coat then wipe sticky layer . Seal design with second topcoat
X x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385567558.330128.jpg
A couple of sharpie patterns

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385567770.966838.jpg

View attachment 48977 this only one I've got at home!
I bought a pack of 24 off eBay.. Tend to use black the most... Find These better than the really fine nib... As the ink jet black ..
If over acrylic I buff but no shine then apply UV glaze n go...
If shellac I apply 1st top coat then wipe sticky layer . Seal design with second topcoat
X x

Ah thank you - but I just bought a pack of the ultra fine sharpies whilst waiting for your reply!! I'm sooo impatient it's disgraceful 😞 you think they'd work the same?

I've got the ultra fine ones but think I need them slightly thicker as they really are "ultra" fine (funnily enough!). They need a very steady hand but would be fab for very detailed work - Im not quite there yet!

Karaxxx

I've got the ultra fine ones but think I need them slightly thicker as they really are "ultra" fine (funnily enough!). They need a very steady hand but would be fab for very detailed work - Im not quite there yet!

Karaxxx

Hmm.... Maybe I'll exchange them for the normal ones 2mrw?
Thanx 😊😁

Latest posts

Back