Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave the gold marker another go. I think what I did wrong last time (re: earlier post in this thread) was not allow it to dry properly. Then when I topcoated it, it wasn't completely dry underneath and caused it to peel. This time, let it dry completely, no problems! Love it :)

Gelish with gold Pilot marker:

Attachments

• moon.jpg
    moon.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,364
Thanks for your replies. Can you explain what you mean by 'floating the top coat'? I think I understand but want to make sure! X

Thanks for your replies. Can you explain what you mean by 'floating the top coat'? I think I understand but want to make sure! X

Floating the top coat means not dragging the brush and using a very light touch to apply the product - I find having my brush a little more loaded than normal helps x x

So are you almost dropping a blob onto the nail and spreading it that way? X

So are you almost dropping a blob onto the nail and spreading it that way? X

Load your brush up with top it off. If its to dry, not enough product on then it will drag across the nail taking the pattern with it. Don't press down to hard with your brush and just make sure there's enough product on. X

Nail Perfect Soak off gel polish on gel extensions sharpie marker design by Dorota Palicka

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I tried this myself but I cant master it. :(
I painted Shellac base coat, cure
Then Shellac Azure Wish, cure
Second Azue Wish cure,
Shellac Top Coat, cure
Drew on design with Sharpie Marker but then as I went to float on top the Shellac Top Coat the design almost faded away :( anyone know where I'm going wrong?x

Thank u so much ladies!!

I saw this on Pinterest (of course lol) and I thought it would create some cool looks that a more detailed. I know it dries fast, but I still want you all's opinion.

Thank you so much!!! Ill post pictures if I can get around to trying. I LOVE the writing picture that was posted!!

It's from the beauty department - one of my fave websites x

I cannot believe I've only just discovered this thread!!! What a fantastic use for sharpies!! Ladies all your art work is amazing. I'm going to be investing in some ASAP and have a play! X

I tried this myself but I cant master it. :(
I painted Shellac base coat, cure
Then Shellac Azure Wish, cure
Second Azue Wish cure,
Shellac Top Coat, cure
Drew on design with Sharpie Marker but then as I went to float on top the Shellac Top Coat the design almost faded away :( anyone know where I'm going wrong?x

Did you allow enough time (at least a couple of minutes) for the sharpie desifn to dry? I've found you can't too coat straight away, & have to leave it a bit! xxxx

*design
*top coat

Stupid iPhone!! ;D

Sorry, replied in a rush! xxxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376335517.831184.jpg

I did this for my daughter 3 weeks ago. The initials of the members of her favourite band on each finger of one hand. Not much left now. Planning our next design at the mo.

Soooo glad I found this, i went to Costco yesterday and they have a massive pack with loads if colours in it, guess where I'm off to on my next day off 😃

Soooo glad I found this, i went to Costco yesterday and they have a massive pack with loads if colours in it, guess where I'm off to on my next day off 😃

WH Smith also have an offer on at the moment. Usually £19.99 for a pack of 24 (i think? It's a fair few) but you can buy for £6.99 if you buy any pencil case for around £3.
So you basically save about £9 and get a pencil case to put them in lol x

I just brought 2 packs for £3 from Asda, can't wait to try them out!

I bought a pack of stabilo fine point 88 pens and I am so disappointed! I bought these ones as I noticed someone had posted a pic of then here, unfortunately they are 'wish washey', I would have to go over the lines over and.over..

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376943289.109664.jpg
First little play with sharpies before I do my much need infills!

Simply Kerry's Beauty <3

Came across this site earlier today and have ended up on a mad dash to tesco for sharpies and forcing my sister to change her mind over wanting navy blue nails so I could play with sharpies.. Picture to follow!! Nail obsession is a serious problem, even my kids are beginning to roll their eyes at nail stuff :-/ xxx

Latest posts

Back