Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't 7.3 ml bottles a little too small for the price? Would the brush pick up all the product at the bottom so we don't waist too much? And yes, we cannot wait to try them!!!

Not at all - if you can get 20 treatments out of it at £** or more - that's £***. £*** minus £**.** is £***.** - I would say that that was very decent profit!

Please email for prices - I forgot about the prices post! :smack:

Last edited:
Not at all - if you can get 20 treatments out of it at £ or more - that's £. £ minus £ is £ - I would say that that was very decent profit!

Sounds good to me. :green:

If Shellac has the same or similar consistency as polish I think you'll get loads of applications out of one bottle. How many do yu currently get out of a bottle if polish?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer this for me, i've been trying to find a little more info on shellac. I use Bio Sculpture in my salon at the min but im allergic to gel and acrylic nails (i have to use a barrier cream or gloves when doing nails) I'm just wondering if i would be ok with shellac as i read it's hypo allergenic, as i say i'm not sure if anyone will know?

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer this for me, i've been trying to find a little more info on shellac. I use Bio Sculpture in my salon at the min but im allergic to gel and acrylic nails (i have to use a barrier cream or gloves when doing nails) I'm just wondering if i would be ok with shellac as i read it's hypo allergenic, as i say i'm not sure if anyone will know?

If you knew what specific chemical/s you are allergic to in the gel you are using I could answer the question for you but I'm afraid that without a manufacturers patch test you won't know.

What I can tell you is that the known most common allergens in gels are not in Shellac which is why it is hypoallergenic.

Hypoallergenic does not mean that no one will ever be allergic to it, but it does mean that one is far less likely to be.

Went to my local Cosmoprof today (I rarely go there because they don't have much for nail techs - it's mostly hair products) and she's never heard of Shellac and has no clue if they will be stocking it or not.

My local Cosmo Prof will be stocking it in May. Can't wait! :biggrin:

Any one think it can ever replace polish in a salon setting?

Any one think it can ever replace polish in a salon setting?

Absolutely ...
Think about what ordinary polish really is ......

It is paint .. paint has to have time to dry .. paint through the release of solvents tends to thicken in the bottle with time and temperature changes .. paint goes dull with time and has to be recoated to remain shiny .. paint really is probably the worst suited product to the job it does that we use in the salon .. everything about it is unsuitable to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the quality of the polish.

What have technicians always wanted for years and years?? Faster drying polish and a shiny finish that lasts (well we have that now with the new Colour & Effects from CND) but what would be even better in fact perfect? Colour that is absolutely dry all the way through when the client walks out the door.

So very often clients are disappointed that they have spent their money on a manicure that is marred soon after they leave the salon, so even though it is not the technician's fault, they decide that the salon service is not worth it and instead they do it at home themselves.

Now with Shellac from CND the client's colour will be perfect from the moment they leave the salon and for 14 days or longer the look will not dull or fade or mar in any way .... women will come to your salon in droves to get the CND Shellac service when they hear about it and they will not be able to do it at home so ..... how can Shellac not replace polish used in the salon eventually?

I look forward to it being the norm (I mean, it would most certainly make my life and my clients easer!) I however think that as soon as we mention "gel" to clients and they see that the price is a little higher (I'm guessing that its going to be a little more from s2 then normal polish) it will never be thought of as the same by those just wanting a quick fix, as opposed to what they think as a full service?

Last edited:
I look forward to it being the norm (I mean, it would most certainly make my life and my clients easer!) I however think that as soon as we mention "gel" to clients and they see that the price is a little higher (I'm guessing that its going to be a little more from s2 then normal polish) it will never be thought of as the same by those just wanting a quick fix, as opposed to what they think as a full service?

Clients will have to get used to the fact that if they want perfection they will have to pay a bit extra for it. Don't aqpologise for it or close their purse for them before they have opened it .. you want perfection? It comes at a price. No apologies.

Gigi, can you tell me if there will be a full salon start up pack available please? And when in May it will launch?

Gigi, can you tell me if there will be a full salon start up pack available please? And when in May it will launch?

There are 2 packs... the Salon Rack and the Store Rack (much bigger). We launch at The Event on May 1st & 2nd. See www.sweetsquared.com for Event details or call S2 for more details on the racks.;)

Clients will have to get used to the fact that if they want perfection they will have to pay a bit extra for it. Don't aqpologise for it or close their purse for them before they have opened it .. you want perfection? It comes at a price. No apologies.

I think the future is bright. Clients will want Shellac, I already have 3 clients booked in and I haven't even quoted them a price yet!

If clients can't afford it or are the kind who like to change their colour nails with their clothes we have Colour and Effects for salon use or retail. Win win I think :D

Last edited:

I agree with you, and thats some sound advice. I'm guessing that it will never FULLY replace polish. But it sure as hell sound better for the use for some clients!

I am very excited! I am going to preorder it at the show on the 11th this month. I'm hoping they'll be demoing it...so I can at least have one, if not more, nails shellacked! :D

In fact, the owner of the spa I work at is very excited about it too! I'm thinking it's going to be a HUGE hit in winter for pedis! :D I am so excited for this product!!! :Love::Love::Love:

I wonder if one way to convince clients is to do one nail or one hand in shellac and to do the others in the matching colour from the polish range and let them see for themselves how much longer lastind, shiny and non-chipping it is.

I wonder if one way to convince clients is to do one nail or one hand in shellac and to do the others in the matching colour from the polish range and let them see for themselves how much longer lastind, shiny and non-chipping it is.
Brilliant idea hun and a great way to use up our old matching polishes :hug:

What a great idea! :hug:

There are 2 packs... the Salon Rack and the Store Rack (much bigger). We launch at The Event on May 1st & 2nd. See www.sweetsquared.com for Event details or call S2 for more details on the racks.;)

I am hoping that we can purchase individual bottles as we need them as opposed to a full kit? In the beginning I may just want to buy the essentials, i.e. base coat, top coat and a couple of colours, prob french?
Or would a kit have to be purchased? I work from a home salon so don't need a huge amount to start. I know I will want them all but not sure how much of an outlay will be required so may have to buy them gradually.

I am hoping that we can purchase individual bottles as we need them as opposed to a full kit? In the beginning I may just want to buy the essentials, i.e. base coat, top coat and a couple of colours, prob french?
Or would a kit have to be purchased? I work from a home salon so don't need a huge amount to start. I know I will want them all but not sure how much of an outlay will be required so may have to buy them gradually.

I would imagine that colours will be available individually, I dont know this for a fact, but I think that people will run out of colours at different rates and it would not be cost effective for anyone to have to buy a "kit" everytime they run out of 1 colour.

We dont have long to wait for all our questions to be answered - patience LOL!

This thread is rather infectious. I have just found out the price for the Shellac and the removal pads in the US and the name of 8 of the 12 colours :biggrin: I can't wait to order and get started. If anyone wants to know more pm me. Don't want to spoil things for the people who don't want to know.

Latest posts

Back