Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have it!!!!

It came yesterday and was it worth waiting for???...

YES... it's the most amazing product I've ever used.

It really does glide on like a polish... it's as easy to use as polish.. honestly!!

It even smells like polish, but as I'm sure all you geeks that use soak off gel will be dying to know "is there any shrinkage"?.. NO!!:)

The worst thing for me in using a soak off gel is the fact it shrinks back off the nail as soon as you use it.. meaning you usually have to do two nails at a time and then cure. With Shellac, it applies the very same as a polish and it's just as quick.

I just can't believe how good it really is and all of the colours are gorgeous!!!

I've never been so excited about a product as I am about this :)

I can't wait to start work today...

Then count me in as excited (especially the no shrinkage comment!!)

For once we have it here in Ireland first... usually we have to wait for everything!!

Im really looking forward to Shellac , Ive told all my clients that wear polish all about it , and it seems their looking forward to it too,Im hoping it will cut down timings on them as a couple of my maturer clients complain about stiff knees n back after theyve been sat down for nearly two hours whilst I do there nails ,and atleast they will be dry straight away after too ,which will please them even more.:)

And do they come in retail pre-packed form for selling to our clients should they want to remove them at home? Hope they will want to come back and get them replaced every 2 weeks, but you never know.

MMmmm..Im wondering after watching the video ,how much there going to retail at and how many in a pack if it has to be removed every 14 days ?

Last edited:
MMmmm..Im wondering after watching the video ,how much there going to retail at and how many in a pack if it has to be removed every 14 days ?

Shellac is purely a professional treatment that will be offered at fine salons and from professional nail technicians. Shellac is not an item that will be sold to the public.

If you are asking about wholesale prices to professionals .. then you will need to contact Sweet Squared on 08452106060 with proof of training. Shellac will not be launched in the UK until the beginning of May.

And do they come in retail pre-packed form for selling to our clients should they want to remove them at home? Hope they will want to come back and get them replaced every 2 weeks, but you never know.

Shellac is purely a professional treatment that will be offered at fine salons and from professional nail technicians. Shellac is not an item that will be sold to the public.

If you are asking about wholesale prices to professionals .. then you will need to contact Sweet Squared on 08452106060 with proof of training. Shellac will not be launched in the UK until the beginning of May.

Gigi.. Nail Envi was asking about the 'nappies' to take off Shellac, not Shellac itself. :lol::lol:

hmmm ... I wonder what else is going on in them CND labs! :idea::cool:

Oh Anna.....me too, can you imagine????????????:eek::)

Would anyone like to hazard a guess?

Fiona please stop!!!!

I don't want to have a heart attack before I get a chance to get my hands on Shellac!!!!!!!!

One surprise at a time please!!!!

Cant wait to try Shellac Oh its sooooooooooo exciting :)

How do I get my mitts on this product here in Canada

Hi Is it right the shellac full kit is gonna be about £500 thats with the lamp, I really hope my IBD Jet 500 uv lamp will work or am not gonna be able to afford it :cry::cry:

Hi Is it right the shellac full kit is gonna be about £500 thats with the lamp, I really hope my IBD Jet 500 uv lamp will work or am not gonna be able to afford it :cry::cry:

Where did you 'hear' this?
I am going to wait until the launch at The Event, I don't see any point in getting stressed out about it.
I have so much on my shoping list that I'm not even going to think about it until I open my purse:lol:

If when you say full kit you mean including all 12 colours, then it could possibly be close to that. I know it's not a soak of gel but if you compare the price of other soak off gels ranging from £17-35 for one colour, then base and top coat, plus lamp + VAT. It all adds up.

If when you say full kit you mean including all 12 colours, then it could possibly be close to that. I know it's not a soak of gel but if you compare the price of other soak off gels ranging from £17-35 for one colour, then base and top coat, plus lamp + VAT. It all adds up.

Then I'm doubly glad I'm going to the event, we've been promised some as part of our goody bags, hopefully though the lamp I have will be ok, I use it for glaze and go on my L&P, it's a 36 watt, but Sam said something about power outage rather then wattage.
I'm used to waiting, if I could I'd have all the polish as well, but not being a lotto winner, I have to do it bit by bit:lol:

I can't make it to the event :cry:, so I'm having to be content with snatching bits of info on Shellac through this thread.
I'm delighted that CND have revolutionised nail enamel with this new product. (I wouldn't have expected anything else from them !)
I predict that it will be a huge hit with the clients for it's durability and no-dry time. The 10 min soak off time will not be an issue with me as many of my clients get waxing/facial/pedi done while they are in for their nail service anyway. I always joked that the person who invented a quick drying polish is on to a winner. It was only a matter of (5years) time........
I'm looking forward to freeing up the 'drying chair' in my salon .......and of course getting a chance to play with Shellac.
Hope S2 have massive stocks at the ready :lol: Good luck to a great team.

The removal 'nappies' look brill. Clients can get another quick treatment done while they're working. EB wax / tint or something - might even offer a treatment at discount if booked with soak-off???!!!! Not like you can fit anyone else in with a soak off time that quick!

The possibilities!

where do you guys get this info from???? :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: I am currently doing the 4.5.0 S2 Catalogue and will be including Shellac. The team have the prices if you want to call them. :idea:

where do you guys get this info from???? :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: I am currently doing the 4.5.0 S2 Catalogue and will be including Shellac. The team have the prices if you want to call them. :idea:

I called them on Friday for prices and they said that they didnt know yet.

I called them on Friday for prices and they said that they didnt know yet.

Well I do :) - TBH I dont think I have sent them to the Sweet Hearts... call me if you like!:!:

Latest posts

Back