Shellac peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dottypug

Reaction score
Hi I have been using Shellac foe a while now just on myself and it seems to only last up to 4 days until it lifts and peels straight off. I have the CND lamp and try to seal the edges as much as possible. I have also tried a nail dehydrator as I have oily skin I thought that could be the problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Hi I have been using Shellac foe a while now just on myself and it seems to only last up to 4 days until it lifts and peels straight off. I have the CND lamp and try to seal the edges as much as possible. I have also tried a nail dehydrator as I have oily skin I thought that could be the problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Where did you buy your shellac and are you trained to use it?

where is the shellac peeling , is it from the free edge / side walls / cuticle area ?

What is the condition of your nails? Are the peeling / thin and bendy ?

Are you scrubfreshing the nails before application?

Are you using a cuticle remover ? if so are you washing it off with soap and water?

Have you received any training for shellac?

I Purchased my Kit from a CND supplier. I have not been trained in shellac I only use it on myself. It seems to be peeling from the top and sometimes from the edge I have just been using alcohol instead of scrub fresh would this make a huge difference? I have used Geleration before and it seemed to be stronger?

My nails are in good condition :)

Hi

Your profile doesn't say that your a nail professional, have you had any training?

I'm afraid no one will give you any help unless we now your fully trained, sorry.

Plus if your not trained then your problem may be fake shellac and lamp as they can only be bought with proof of the correct nail training via S2 or Ellisons.

:)

I Purchased my Kit from a CND supplier. I have not been trained in shellac I only use it on myself. It seems to be peeling from the top and sometimes from the edge I have just been using alcohol instead of scrub fresh would this make a huge difference? I have used Geleration before and it seemed to be stronger?

There are no CND suppliers apart from Sweet Squared or Ellisons, was it one of them?

if you have never done a manicure course, never mind a shellac course , it's not surprising that you are having difficulty with the product :D

It's not as easy as it looks and my advice would be to get yourself some proper training :D

There are no CND suppliers apart from Sweet Squared or Ellisons, was it one of them?

Creative Academy are the only suppliers of CND in the Republic of Ireland....there is also a supplier in the North , neither would supply the OP without first having proof of training .

I bought colours from Creative in ballymount??I also bought my lamp from kaydee cosmetics in saggert you can google them there products are authentic!!! I am a make up artist by trade and i am doing a manicure course with Fas I was using Geleration but the shine from Shellac is better. If no one wants to help that's fine! Thanks anyway!

When you have completed your manicure course, book yourself a Shellac course. It's only one day and not much money, but you will learn all you need to know to be able to wear it longer than you currently are.

You have already started paying for it, so it's worth seeing it all through. :)

It's better to use all CND products with shellac in my opinion cause they all work together.

Just as an FYI, that Kaydee place in Saggart are not authorised suppliers. If you want genuine products with proper support and back up then why not just use your authorised distributors ie Creative Academy in Ballymount.
Why support people who sell to anyone, all over eBay, cheapening the industry and our services.
If you want to use Shellac then do it the proper way and then you'll avoid problems.

The Shellac course is €850 unless your a Salon and then it's free with an opening order. I plan to just use it on myself for the moment so €850 is a stretch as I've paid about €500 for kit already. Thanks for your comments though :)

Nope, the Shellac course is free with the kit, so if you've bought your kit from Creative then you can do the class.
I'd suggest contacting them directly and they can advise what your options are. No point in having a system which you can't use.

850 Euro?!

Are you looking at the correct course? I don't know if things are different in Dublin, but the Shellac course is one day over here. Why don't you have a look on SweetSquared's website, or contact the academy in Dublin? I'm sure they would be able to help you out.

the shellac course is free in Ireland as well .

Kaydee Cosmetics is not an authorised seller so there is no way of knowing if the products that you bought from them i.e your lamp are authentic.

The lamp is so important with shellac that I guess this is your problem.

Always get the correct training and buy from authorised sellers , it takes the guess work out of you doing something wrong or your products not working properly.

The lamp is not fake and I've bought stuff from creative without any questions or papers my products are real I'm using the shellac system!!!I've seen others on the site with the same peeling problem and no one seems to know the answers? I know the course is free with the kit but I've bought my kit bit by bit and I am not a salon!!! So I would have to pay the creative academy for the course!

I'm not a salon either and my shellac course was free with my kit. As said before contact them directly and I'm sure they will help you out even if you have been buying it bit by bit.
In order to set up an account with Creative you have to send them copies of qualifications/certs and I've never heard of anyone being able to set up with them without proving they are trained.
When you buy off unauthorised suppliers like Kaydee,you really don't know what you are buying and whether its knock off or not. Sure it might look the same but it's not guaranteed.
Regarding peeling, you've already stated in a previous post that you basically weren't following the correct procedure (using alcohol v scrubfresh) which is down to you not being trained. Peeling or other issues occurs where application or prep is not done correctly or aftercare not followed. Using a lamp from eBay supplier and not using the full system means you won't get proper wear from the product.
People have issues with systems and its not that nobody knows the answers, it's that it could be any number of reasons pertaining to each techs application etc. which is what's going wrong with yours.

How on earth did you manage to buy shellac without sending your mani pedi certificate to the supplier? I had to send mine in to both suppliers I use (ellisons and s2) before I was allowed to purchase (and rightfully so!). My friend decided to purchase her shellac before she trained from ebay (!!!!!) against all good advice and although the products looked very real the results she got from them proved otherwise - she then ended up buying from an authorised supplier so ended up spending way more than if she had gone to them
In the first place!. Be very careful of buying from anywhere other than authorised suppliers as you can never be 100% sure of what you are getting :) x

Latest posts

Back