Spray tans -how many coats do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoubyLou
That was who trained me and a very good job she did as well. Thanks Jen x:):)

Aww.. thanks Caz.. its nice to feel appreciated. You sound to be going from strength to strength with your tanning :hug:

I am trained by Fake Bake and I always give a good first coat. Never a second??? and never had any complaints except their hands going brown cost they put their hands between their legs whilst sleeping!:eek::eek:

There are many ways of spray tanning a client, and as long as you get a good result, use which ever works for you. We used to train people to spray with two light coats - just like applying nail enamel, it is best done in two applications rather than one heavier coat.

As Tantrick has changed hands, the new owner may well have different ideas of how best to apply the solution, especially if the new one is completely different to the one we used to supply.

You are best taking advice from experienced trainers, and there are quite a few on the board who give excellent advice.

Wishing you all the best

Mandy

Collin

Can you just clarify now that Tantrick trainers now train to do one sweep and not the two that I believe used to be taught. And if so what bought about this change?

Since ownership of the Tantrick brand there has been no instructions to trainers to alter any methods as to the way in which they train.

Our initial objective has been focused on making training more accessable to individuals wanting to train and thus far we have seen many new trainers comming on board.

Our current objective is to make the training itself even more relevent and standard across the country.

We will be holding a Tantrick trainers AGM shortly when we will be implementing many new ideas which will undoutably give the trainee as well as the trainer a sence of acheivement and added "value" to the certificate of compitence issued.

We see that access to suitable training , a common method of training across the country,a sence of acheivement post training and a high level of ongoing support to the individual who has been trained as being fundemental in the long term success of both the brand as well as the spraytan operators buisness.

If we can facilitate an individuals entry into this buisness through providing certification which proves "compitence" that individual will not only be held in high regard as a spraytan operator but will be able to take up employment with any company or competing brand he or she so desires.

From my perspective that would be a consideable acheivement :hug:

Hello everyone, i know i dont post on this site that frequently but i have seen the same question popping up again and again with regard to how many coats of tan to apply to you client.

My rule of tanning is (and this is what i teach in all of my training courses) 1 coat of solution is all you need to acheive an even and natural looking tan, if you spray your clients twice all you (as a therapist) are doing is using twice as much solution!, it makes no difference to the depth of the tan.

Use this as an example, 2 coats of Sienna x 8.5% aren't going to make a 17% are they ?. All you are doing is applying 2 coats of guide colour, giving the impression of a darker tan during the development time, when your client showers after the development time what are they left with ?... and 8.5% tan because that is the amount of active tanning ingredient (dha) in the solution.... make sense really dunnit?

You could however, do a top up tan 1 or 2 days later, you carry out the spray tan on your client and after a day get them do a full body scrub to remove the dead cells from the epidermis and then come back for another tan. What you achieve there is a really fresh looking more intense tan without the dullness of a tan with too darker solution. It's the same as if you were to stain a piece of wooden furniture, it would look ok with 1 coat but if you were to let the stain dry, rub it down and do it again you would get a richer more intese colour wouldn't you?

Hope that makes it easier for you and remember, spray tanning should be easy and enjoyable, try not to make it difficult and time consuming for yourselves and also that your trainer should always be on hand for any other questions from yourself even after your training course.

regards
victoria xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:lol:

As Tantrick has changed hands, the new owner may well have different ideas of how best to apply the solution, especially if the new one is completely different to the one we used to supply.

Tantrick liquids are exactly the same as they have always been...the introduction of our new hybrid water based liquid "Essence of Summer "simply compliments the origional Tantrick liquid range and does not replace it.

It is essential that we keep pace with current market trends as they unfold and be in a position to offer our customers the very latest and best of possible choices to the options they can,in turn, offer their customers.

No i asked and she said just the one coat is fine but two over the chest area.So if i do two coats, should i miss out under arms, hands and feet second time around.x

I'm completely confused by this...why do you spray twice on the chest area, this is the area that can cause gathering in the 'V' and look too artificial...I would be missing the 'V' out and lightly spraying the rest of the chest area?:confused:

:hug::hug:Fiona, try not to get confussled by all this and continue spraying the way you always have!!
If you have not had complaints then its effective!!!
As collin said in an earlier post we all develop our own ways of doing things. Just use the way you were trained as something to stick to while you gain confidenc and possibly develop your own tanning quirks, and if you dont develop any then dont worry just do what you were taught!!

Latest posts

Back