Taboo against men having long, polished nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is WoW!
I wish I had nails like that! Due to the nature of my work I have to have short nails (I work in childcare) and the constant washing of hands etc my nails are horribly weak!
You are incredibly lucky to have such wonderfully strong natural nails and AJ from the backstreet boys has his nails painted all the time and i gotta say - i like it on men! :Love:

Thanks for the compliment! :D

It took years and years before finally plucked up the courage to just ignore everyone else's negative opinions and abuse, and have my nails exactly how I want them to be (long, real, manicured and polished), rather than how society deems I should have them. It feels like a weight lifted off my shoulder. I still get the occasional stare, but whenever I catch somebody staring, I use that as an opportunity to flaunt them purposefully, because personally, I LOVE my nails, so it doesn't matter if other people think negatively of me for it, without having even spoken to me for at least a minute to see what I'm actually like (I'm not camp or gay sounding at all - I'm just an independent thinker).

I actually cringe at nails with excessive length on most anyone, male or female.

I feel exactly the same about stumpy short nails, ESPECIALLY bitten nails. Bitten nails are so disgusting. I've had to turn down dates before because the girl had horribly bitten nails. MAJOR turn off, for me.

Good lord your nails are beautiful! Are you painting them yourself? I give you mad props on the even application. I've worked along side nail techs who struggle so bad with polishing long nails that aren't even half as long as your's. Please do not ever be too shy to walk into a salon to have them professionally pampered. I can guarantee you you'll get the same oohs and ahhs.

Thanks! I'm not far from London. Any salons you'd recommend?

It's a shame some people are still narrow minded and think everyone should be the same, but wouldn't the world be an utterly boring place if we was!? I think your nails are gorgeous!! Xx

It's a shame some people are still narrow minded and think everyone should be the same, but wouldn't the world be an utterly boring place if we was!? I think your nails are gorgeous!! Xx

Thank you Stephanie! Kind comments of encouragement like yours is where I find the courage to keep my nails long, polished and well caren care of, like I always dreamed of, despite a lot of negative reactions from narrow minded people. Luckily I am secure in my sexuality, so the negativity bounces off me for the most part.

Eddie Izzard is an admitted Transvestite (cross-dressing, not necessarily gay or straight, identifies as one sex outwardly, another inwardly). And I adore him.

Anyway: I hate that your nails are so perfect! You probably have perfect hair too and I hate that as well! I hate that you can polish your nails better than me! I hate that your nails perfectly curve! I hate,hate, hate, loathe entirely, it all!!!!

WILL YOU MARRY ME?????????

Betcha thought I was going in another direction? Nah... My husband let's me paint his toes and fingers all the time. I'm constantly testing polish color on him and he doesn't wipe it off either.

Oh, and he's a high school administrator. :)

You would marry a guy with nails like mine? Funnily enough, my girlfriend is into long nails, too. Mine are longer though. :green:

Yeah I would. In a hot minute. My husband is 6'2, built like a wrestler and I got turned on when he wore stage makeup while he was producing a play for his school. So, no, you wouldn't scare me off. :)

Well I'm 6'4, 235lbs of pure lean muscle mass and can handle myself, but I'm secure enough in my own sexuality that I can keep my nails long, manicured and polished without feeling like my manliness is compromised. :)

I want to marry a woman who likes (or at least tolerates, but preferably the former) my nails. Ideally she'll have nails too, so we can do eachothers!

I personally dont like long nails on men. But its each to their own at the end of the day x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

And there go my dreams of marrying a British guy. I finally find one and I'm married and he's taken. :)

(lucky gal!!!)

I personally dont like long nails on men. But its each to their own at the end of the day x

I personally don't like short, stubby nails (or even worse, bitten). Not everyone is going to like men with nails, and that's fine. Apparently some women do though, which is a good sign.

I personally don't like short, stubby nails (or even worse, bitten). Not everyone is going to like men with nails, and that's fine. Apparently some women do though, which is a good sign.

Exactly i dont mean it in a bitchy way. Ive got short hair and some men dont like that on women. Works for everything really c

Exactly i dont mean it in a bitchy way. Ive got short hair and some men dont like that on women.

Yeah, I know. No offence taken. Personally I love having long, pretty nails, and by now I'm more used to disapproval from others than acceptance/tolerance, so as long as it makes me happy, that's all that really matters.

Yeah, I know. No offence taken. Personally I love having long, pretty nails, and by now I'm more used to disapproval from others than acceptance/tolerance, so as long as it makes me happy, that's all that really matters.

:) yep you should do exactly what you want to do x

I think they're lovely x
There will always be people who won't like them and think it's odd for a man but do you really care? Do what makes you happy xxx

I think they're lovely x
There will always be people who won't like them and think it's odd for a man but do you really care? Do what makes you happy xxx

Thank you, and I agree. If people are so small minded and controlling that they insist on everybody else conforming to their own tastes and preferences, even when not doing so doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever, I don't care what they think anyway.

There was a time when, if a man had long hair, it was considered taboo, effeminate and a subject of ridicule; much like how men with nails are now. Same with women having short hair or wearing jeans. So many double standards... Eventually people will realise how ridiculous it is, I hope, but it's all down to the social conditioning we're subjected to since childhood, not any kind of logic or reasoning.

Having your own personal tastes and preferences is one thing, and that's perfectly fine, but to mock, ridicule and shame anybody who doesn't share your tastes and preferences, even when their actions don't affect you in any way; that's bigoted and simple minded, and I have no respect for people like that, so I don't care what they think. :)

Last edited:
I'm growing my nails. They're getting longer and they feel great! I do have a more acceptable image to fit long nails guess. I have long hair, a more feminine looking face (I identify as bigender btw) and being bisexual' I am quite 'camp' I guess, albeit I live with a woman who I love to the moon and back, and she accepts and loves me for who I am. I get what you say though. Whilst it shouldn't make a dime of difference what you look like, and you should be able to look however you choose to look, a very 'manly' appearance would make it harder to pull off.

I'm growing my nails. They're getting longer and they feel great!

Good for you! I feel great having long nails too.

How long are yours? I'd love to see some pictures!

Here's a recent-ish picture of mine...

Attachments

• peet029_2.jpg
    peet029_2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back