Very confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool. Any other tips to get set in this business? Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get the best training with the best products possible for your budget. That is the only smart way to start IMHO.

Right ok then will get onto it

Yes that's right I haven't had any training was all just a love and hobby really but really interested in taking it further.

Kerry x

When you say you haven't done any training do you mean at all, or just with Gels ?

You say you have been doing acrylics for 5 months in your opening post, what system and what training did you have for that. If you are not actually a Nail pro then this thread should be in our Consumer Queries section and we would be able to advise you on what training is available.

No point putting the cart before the horse lol :wink2: buying products before you know how to use them.

Meantime I shall move this to Consumer Queries.

Last edited:
Biggest tip I can give you is to read this forum on a regular basis and like Connie mentioned sign up to Doug Schoon's newsletters.

Also remember there isn't a daft question so ask away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes that's right no training at all. I have been watching video tutorials with cnd and other companies.
I only started it as a hobby. I'm not claiming to run a business saying I can do this and that. It's literally just my own nails and a few friends that don't mind me practicing on them.

There was nothing on this app that said someone like me shouldn't be able to use it nor did anything say specifically where I was allowed to post my threads.

I assumed the part that said nail geeks would allow me to talk to people who know what they are doing in the industry for a little help and advice.

Thanks Webdiva for your comment :) even though it does seem that there are such things as daft questions here as I kinda feel I should never have bothered asking here in the first place.

Thanks

Kerry x

Yes that's right no training at all. I have been watching video tutorials with cnd and other companies.
I only started it as a hobby. I'm not claiming to run a business saying I can do this and that. It's literally just my own nails and a few friends that don't mind me practicing on them.

There was nothing on this app that said someone like me shouldn't be able to use it nor did anything say specifically where I was allowed to post my threads.

I assumed the part that said nail geeks would allow me to talk to people who know what they are doing in the industry for a little help and advice.

Thanks Webdiva for your comment :) even though it does seem that there are such things as daft questions here as I kinda feel I should never have bothered asking here in the first place.

Thanks

Kerry x

I think your reaction has clouded your understanding of what Izzi was saying to you. And no one but yourself has mentioned the word 'daft'. Nor should anything anyone has said have brought forth a negative reaction from you such as the last one and to a helpful member of our moderation team too! She is doing what a good moderator does.

You are a consumer, therefore she was guiding you to a forum just for consumer questions like yours. We know the persons there are consumers not pros, and we answer those questions as pro to consumer, not pro to pro. The suggestion was to help you with your questions and I agree with Izzy, that this is where your thread should be moved because you have done no training at all.

The main forum is for professionals and students in training . Different forums for different folks and it is on the app.

Last edited:
Not sure why you feel like that you have been given some great advice and places to look to learn more.
The site is called Salon Geek and right under the logo it says the professional community.
It has always been known as a site for salon professionals, but now we have a Consumer section where we can guide you.

Acrylic and Gels are something you require to be trained in for health and safety reasons a well as many others, they are chemicals and can cause allergic reactions which you need to know about, and not everything can be learned off of Internet sites and YouTube videos.

Good Luck in finding a training course that suits you, you will enjoy doing nails more when you have more knowledge and confidence from training.

Thanks for that.

Latest posts

Back