We Are Here To Party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best pick a day asap (I can't do 23 July!!!!).

Sal said:
Best pick a day asap (I can't do 23 July!!!!).

What about Amercian Independance Day - 4th July in honour of GMG :Look_left as he is from the USA it might be kindof cool

hi, dont know if ill get invited as im fairly new to this site but it would be great to meet fellow geeks, my hubby wouldnt want to come as he hears enough about nails and this site so he would be a great babysitter.

anytime would be great apart from 23/25 sep as im doing the 60k walk for breast cancer that weekend. its only 25 min in to london for me by train and i can get anywhare from there so location not a problem either

kalchis said:
hi, dont know if ill get invited as im fairly new to this site but it would be great to meet fellow geeks, my hubby wouldnt want to come as he hears enough about nails and this site so he would be a great babysitter.

anytime would be great apart from 23/25 sep as im doing the 60k walk for breast cancer that weekend. its only 25 min in to london for me by train and i can get anywhare from there so location not a problem either

Consider yourself invited. x :Love:

Not between 23 July and 4 August as am on holiday then!! Poor Kimmi, what a job you are going to have picking a date!!

Reading what's been posted so far, maybe late June or early July would be good.... before the kids break up....??

Yvette
x

hi, dont know if ill get invited as im fairly new to this site
Don't be daft! you dont need an invite, just being a geek is invite enough! xx

Hi peeps, this sounds like great fun, well done you Kimmi for arranging it cant wait to know the exact details x x

ow thanks, i love this geek family, anything i can help with just let me know:)

Methinks Kimmi should take a pin and just go for it - the date I mean!!! Lets face it no one gets satisfied all the time! As far as location is concerned, I think she should choose where she knows. Organising anything is EXTREMELY hard and time consuming work and anything that makes it easier for her would be good for me :). I hope I am around to come, also dont know many being a newbie geek myself. GOOD LUCK WITH ORGANISING THIS GIRL.......:eek:

FlybyNight said:
Methinks Kimmi should take a pin and just go for it - the date I mean!!! Lets face it no one gets satisfied all the time! As far as location is concerned, I think she should choose where she knows. Organising anything is EXTREMELY hard and time consuming work and anything that makes it easier for her would be good for me :). I hope I am around to come, also dont know many being a newbie geek myself. GOOD LUCK WITH ORGANISING THIS GIRL.......:eek:

Why thank you Miss Fly by Night. xxx

kalchis said:
Maybe we could travel up together:cool:

hi yep traveling up together would be great, pm me if you ever want to meet for coffee and chin wag

I'm up for it, I love a good partay lol!!

Me and Sarah Lou have decided we are going to come up together on the train, with a botle of malibu and coke each and some buckets lol!!!

London is best for me and don't mind when it is aslong as I have plenty of notice!!

:) xxxxxxxxx

Fab idea, starting my diet!!!! Count me in.
Have you thought of having the ball, doo, maybe in the middle of england. Say Birmingham, :Love:

FlybyNight said:

Here, here , if kimmi picks a date, place n time we could all maybe work our way round it , after all, it is for our own benefit! ( if it works out too difficult for everyone, we could break it down between two dates, and go from there!

Kmmi you have my highest regards for organizing such a great feat! well done!

we are here to party ???...great idea...would love to meet other geeks !!!

Hey Kimmi!!!

Hope you're feeling better :)

Flipping fantastic thread hun!!!!! How much have I been wanting something like this ........ loads I tell ya!!

I agree with flybynight, I think you should choose which is the most convenient and the best deal, price wise. If it's London, then so be it, if it's birmingham then fine, I would worry more about dates really cause Liza sounds a bit hectic if you ask me. I'm more for July time as well, nice weather too :)

With regards to partners, I think this should be optional. I love my man to bits but I think he might get rather clingy since he doesn't know anyone and he's rather shy at first. I also think I'll feel bad about leaving him alone with people he barely knows and wondering off. I could get his opinion I suppose lol!!! A possibility!!! :)

Sassy!!!!! I could meet you at yours and go up with you. Maybe we could share a room as well!!! What do you think "shorty number 2"!!!! Actually number 1, you were born before me!!!! :)

Kimmi again ....... Brilliant ..... you're a genius!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hows ya fireplace kimmi ?

WOW you will have a task on your hands oranising this - i used to be an event organiser and this sounds like a tough assignment Bond!!

Sounds like it will be a case of picking a date and venue and just going for it. Maybe you could put the invite, date, cost etc up on the site somewhere and people get a space when you have received a deposit from them (making sure you are not out of pocket).

I am getting married in June and have a baby so if it falls in place with me I will be there and look forward to it.

You could have some fun researching your venue - any excuses for drinks in nice London hotels!!

M

Hi All.

Thank you so much for all your kind wishes.....my little op went fine and I'm up an running again.

I'm going to narrow this down and get back to The Family Geek for their comments/approval.

I've sourced a couple of excellent hotels in the centre of London. I'm calling them tomorrow to discuss a special rate and menu etc. They are lovely hotels and I know I can get a good deal. Don't worry, I'm trying to keep the price down.

I'm gonna ask Samantha if I can set up a poll asking which month and which day of the week is preferable. I need to give the hotel an idea of how many rooms we'd need and how big the function room needs to be. Who knows? Out of 5000 geeks, me might only get 50 that wants to party.

Chat tomorrow. xxx

Latest posts

Back