What I wanted and what I got

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy121085

Reaction score
I went to the salon today and this is how I came out , plus £100 lighter.
My friend is going to tone it for me tomorrow, what tone would anyone suggest?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1494955876.609674.jpg

It's nice but not like the picture. Not sure if it's just the lighting but it looks 2 or 3 shades too light?? Needs darkening quite a bit but tell your friend to be careful when toning it not to spoil the highlights throughout the ends or else you could end up with it all dark. Is your friend a hairdresser?x

Root stretch then tone.......

In fairness, what was discussed at the consultation.:confused:
I've had clients request similar, then when it's explained to them that the darker root stretch will
produce a re- growth, needing regular maintenance, they often decide to go with a balayage on their own base..... less maintenance, and a cheaper option. :cool:

I would recommend going back to the salon have a chat with you stylist.
You may or both just had a miss communication sometimes your visuals can be different.
However if you have paid for your service and your not happy I'm sure your stylist would be more than happy to have a chat and maybe resolve the problem rather than putting a toner on and creating colour build up and having more of a problem in the final outcome. X t X

Can you remember what was agreed during your consultation? Did you ask for balayage? Generally, clients opt for some balayage lighter pieces leaving their natural colour as the background. That way, when the hair grows, there's no obvious line of demarcation.

Your natural hair colour looks much lighter than the hair in the picture and to achieve that look, it would have needed colouring much darker between the highlighted pieces. Then you would be left with an obvious line of regrowth within a few weeks between the dark brown colour and your lighter brown hair. It would also be an expensive look to maintain as you would need it re-doing every 4-6 weeks.

Latest posts

Back