What's this on client's nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Her nail seems loose at the cuticle just on that corner. You could prise that corner up (i didnt but u could) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409692870.860969.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409692889.194333.jpg

There was mo lifting but ive removed her overlay anyway. What do u think?

Is the discolouration green? I can't quite make it out - but looks like a bacterial infection. Did she have any trauma to the nail?

It looks infected...

Pure that was my first thought as well, lthough its quite a browny green, and it wss under nice tight l&p and was in the regrowth area too so i thought that was a bit odd.

Trauma - probably, shes really clumsy and always bashing them, but she couldnt remembr anything specific.

Yeah that's why I thought trauma because of where it is - if she bashed it, it could have damaged the nail plate and perhaps the integrity of the L&P. What did you decide to do in the end - did you reapply product?

I would of thought that's a water stain. Where maybe the l&p had lifted slightly. Or possibly bacterial. But always my exp with something like that is water x

I'd say if it was in the re growth it's bacterial or trauma too. Best get it checked out professionally. They might want to take a sample or something.

I'd say bacterial and maybe trauma!
Wouldn't of put l&p back over it personally!
X

Hi there , I had a client that had a fault appear at the cuticle end of her nail plate when she had some strong medication, no greenie though. Is your lady on some strong medication? X

Latest posts

Back