Orly FX gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leoniecd

Reaction score
I've just come across this in a magazine, anyone tried it?

Hi.. Yes im actually wearing the new Orly FX right now! Its been on for 9 days so far and still looking fab. My Grafton rep did a demo on me and im def going to order it when its back in stock. The colour ranges are really good and theres no buffing of the nail so its a winner for me!

Hi, yes I use Orly Gel Fx (have also got it on and have had it on for 10 days) Its lovely and a great range of colours too. My clients are loving it !!

I'm wearing it too it's fab stuff, one of my clients came for a facial last night and she is still wearing hers 3 and a half wks later x x

I'm really glad you asked about this as I'm interested in this product too and wondered if it was any good. I got in touch with the Grafton rep and got info off her but also noticed Alan Howards are stocking it soon too, although they don't offer training with their kits.

Will be keeping a watch on this thread for any more comments as I can't decide between this and Shellac.

I've just sold all my Shellac stuff, it's good but the choice of colours has always been very limited, I've never been a fan of layering colours but that's just me. Also the curing time is 2 mins for colour and with Orly it's 30 secs x

I've just sold all my Shellac stuff, it's good but the choice of colours has always been very limited, I've never been a fan of layering colours but that's just me. Also the curing time is 2 mins for colour and with Orly it's 30 secs x

30 sec in a uv lamp or led lamp ?
How many colors does Orly have?

30 sec in a uv lamp or led lamp ?
How many colors does Orly have?

Its a LED lamp you will need, and they have 32 colours at the moment

I've just had a look at the colours, there are some really lovely ones. Rage is one of my favourite polishes so it's good that you can get that.

I'm a Shellac user and have no plans to change, so I really hope that Shellac come out with a gold and silver like the Orly ones soon as I feel they would be so popular, especially at this time of year.

Its a LED lamp you will need, and they have 32 colours at the moment

Does this mean you can't use this gel polish with a UV as you can with most others? It has to be LED? :)

Does this mean you can't use this gel polish with a UV as you can with most others? It has to be LED? :)

Yup, i asked this question to my Orly rep, she said it has to be LED im afraid

When I asked my Rep she said you could use UV but she prefers to use LED as it makes the finish more shiny?

I've never used or looked into using an LED lamp before so didn't know what to make of that comment lol. What does everyone else use as I thought I could just use my regular UV lamp?

Yup, i asked this question to my Orly rep, she said it has to be LED im afraid

Oh gutted. I had just decided after weeks of deliberating on Orly FX but can't afford and LED lamp on top - boo hoo!!! I hope yr Rep is right Stacy. Need to investigate further methinks!!! :-/

I have cured it under a 36w UV lamp and it was fine. I did it for 1min base, 2min colour, 2 min top. As the company was supposed to get back to me a week ago about UV timings and i am still waiting, i had to experiment. Hope this helps.

I had a graftons rep come and demo on me last night, am very impressed with the results, I would be interested to know about lamp too, as the price to include the lamp is v expensive! X

Everybody seems happy with the colours and lasting of this, but has anybody tried to remove it? xx

You CAN use a UV lamp to cure, as mentioned previously it takes longer. But TBH it takes me longer than 30 secs to paint anyway. The lamp is ridiculously expensive!

Everybody seems happy with the colours and lasting of this, but has anybody tried to remove it? xx

I've been reading another thread regarding this product and it's all extremely positive including removal times - u have to break the seal and then soak off as normal - apparently it's only taking about 10 mins :-D

You CAN use a UV lamp to cure, as mentioned previously it takes longer. But TBH it takes me longer than 30 secs to paint anyway. The lamp is ridiculously expensive!

Interesting as my rep said LED lamp is a must, i spose shes just trying to get me to buy the whole package then.. And the annoying thing about the LED lamp is thumbs have to be cured seperately. Though she was mega speedy at painting and the whole process was way quicker than Shellac, i spose it depends how quick you can paint as the curing is only 30 secs..

Definitely trying to get you to buy, it's commission for her! I got a pack through from graftons and it's in there somewhere about uv. That's another thing, by the time you have cured the fingers and thumb separately it's not that much of a time difference.

Plus some colours take linger than others to cure (also from the pack they sent)

Do they have a guide to sat which colours take what time or you gotta work it out for yourself??!

Latest posts

Back