Balayage help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395751895.954478.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395751928.085172.jpg
My hair is the top pic and I am wanting to achieve the bottom pic. I cannot put bleach on my ends, what's the best way to achieve this?

You're definitely going to have to tone your blonde to match hers. But you won't need to bleach your ends at all since you're already light down there.. I would just apply the dark to you regrowth and midway down then apply bleach in the bayliage technique to get rid of any harsh lines and add as much blonde as you'd like. This would be quite easy, I think. But remember to tone! Her blonde is a beautiful tone so if definitely try to match it

We were thinking of doing the dark on top so it is dip dyed, washing off then applying bleach to get the balayage technique. I was hoping there would be an easier way but I guess not!

I would backcomb the ends and apply your root colour, then tilt your brush and smudge the colours together (over the backcomb) and then a toner applied to the ends x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395773973.005454.jpg

That's the technique I did here (obviously your ends would be lighter) x

Thanks might try that. All ways I've done and seen to do it all already have there base colour so found it more difficult trying to work out a way to do it here. Your pic looks lovely!

Thanks, by tilting your brush and smudging it over the backcomb, it creates a balayage effect so there is no harsh line x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395777080.826623.jpg

Like this x

So back comb my hair a lot or a little before applying root colour, then apply root colour, then diagonally apply toner and smudge?

So back comb my hair a lot or a little before applying root colour, then apply root colour, then diagonally apply toner and smudge?

Backcomb a section of hair, in the middle, so that you have a space to apply your root colour (decide how low you want the dark to go) then you will have the backcomb bit and then the ends (if that makes sense lol) apply root colour down to backcomb area, tilt brush and smudge over backcomb. Then apply your toner on the left out ends and again tilt your burst and smudge the toner with the darker colour (over backcomb again) . I don't know if that makes any sense but hope it helps lol x

Have you done an ombre bleaching the ends? When you backcomb the hair and apply bleach on the ends? Backcomb it like that x

I've done a few clients hair like this and would start at nape and paint on darker colour at root then smudge down,I've back combed where I'd like dark to stop then painted on conditioner on ends if happy with lightness on ends or used blondor and pastel to get a little lift,or I've used 3 colours to smudge down darker to lighter.i use the foam mech to lay ontop of each other.i leave areas out at the front if still want lightness around the front,here's some pics :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395819205.618251.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395819216.951712.jpg

I only want my dark colour a slight way down so if I back comb put that on then put a colour inbetween the colour on the ends and the light colour so it all blends? Doing it tomorrow so hopefully it will turn out ok!

We did it but it's got a line in it and was very messy. It didn't work at all!

Do u have a pic? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll post one at about 7 when my little boys in bed!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395943469.498922.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395943511.745733.jpg
They are not the best pictures sorry! I got my boyfriend to take them and he's not great with a camera haha!

Latest posts

Back