£10 for acrylics? How do they make profit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daydreamersammy

Reaction score
I've just had somebody ask to have there nails and hen asked my prices so I told her, then she goes well I will get bk to you! Then I see on her Facebook status saying gettig my nails for £10, other people are just a rip!'
How can these people make profit?

They don't my darling and they don't last either. These people come and go, think they are clever to start with and that they will take all clients in the area but they never stick at it. :wink2:

They don't my darling and they don't last either. These people come and go, think they are clever to start with and that they will take all clients in the area but they never stick at it. :wink2:

Hi She Dunlop if you are who I think you are I'll see you Monday?! (its 'she Fryatt BTW)

We have techs here in Suffolk offering nails at £5 !!! Pro and experienced techs need to stop the worrying quality always wins over quantity! Just stick to being a pro, continually update your skills and remain professional.

I have heard a lot of people complain about short courses. I am an educator and our courses are accredited. These courses have to be assessed by eg The Guild /ABT etc in order to be accredited and wouldn't be if they weren't up to standard. We always make it clear to our students that the short courses they attend are a spring board into the industry and that practice practice practice along with ongoing training is key. Short courses offer a solution to students who perhaps work full time or are mums who want a career change and can fit the short courses in around their day jobs until they make the transition for example.

Some of the techs offering cheap prices may well be training/developing and therefore their prices reflect this? Just a thought. I know when I started out 11 years ago I only charged £15 for a full set and £8 for infills/backfills for the first 3 months to buld confidence and speed and I made this clear when promoting needless to say 11 years later I still do 1/2 of those original peoples nails today because they saw my passion and determination and respected my honesty.

:biggrin:

Yeah I see your point, I guess everyone needs to practice.
We all have to start someWhere in the profession x

Latest posts

Back