£5 and 20 minutes!Geek advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Hi all, I received a phone call today from someone connected with a local school in Hertfordshire. They got my number from a brochure drop which I did a few months ago. The school is hosting an indulgence evening and have asked if I would like to rent a table for £15. The school organizes and books the clients and although there will be other nail techs, I was informed that they usually manage to book everyone fully. Each client pays £5 and a session with a client lasts 20 minutes. Now I've not done this before but feel sure many geeks have experienced this. I am doing a pamper afternoon in a couple of weeks time to some postnatal mums and am offering 30 minute nail tidy to include cuticles, shape and polish for £10 each. They will also receive a small gift. What is expected at an indulgence evening for 20 minutes and £5? What have your experiences and responses been? I realize that this is a way of advertizing fo me.

for 20 min and a fiver i'd say a quick file and cuticle tidy, then a polish. i wouldnt bother with base coats , topcoats etc. just keep it simple!

Hmm well I'd say this is a good place to network so you need to do good work. Offer a choice, either a file & polish, or an express manicure, file, cuticle work, quick massage and top coat. HAve fun!

hi, i have been involved in a similar idea and even tho i didnt really make any money on the day the amount of positive feedback and clients i have gained from doing them has been fantastic.keep it simple and have fun, and lots of business cards well placed !!

or if they have nice nails ofer them some polish and nail art babe, get them leaflets and cards on the table .

Good luck hun
x

for £5 and 20 mins I would do a polish, no basecoat, a topcoat and some nail art flicks etc, they always look lovely when they are done and its something the client can look at and admire for days afterwards! x

I had mine done at a school indulgence evening last week and they filed, rubbed some oil in cuticles and pushed back, then did base, polish and top coat in 20 mins.

... I would do a beautiful French polish WITH basecoat and topcoat which lasts about 5-7 days on natural nails.

The majority of my clients all return once they see for themselves how long the polish lasts.

Great advertising!

If you don't do a good job and use the best products you're wasting your time.

Good luck,

Kx

Thanks for your replies. I will get cracking now.

Latest posts

Back