£900 for nail technician course? How does it sound?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Maybe someone can advise me. I am totally new to this but want to do this course I found and am wondering does the price seem ok or too high?

It's an itac diploma level 3 course.
I learn gel and acrylic nail application and manicures and pedicures and also nail art. (And a few other bits and pieces in between)

Does this price seem ok?

Any advice appreciated xx

Hi ladies.

Maybe someone can advise me. I am totally new to this but want to do this course I found and am wondering does the price seem ok or too high?

It's an itac diploma level 3 course.
I learn gel and acrylic nail application and manicures and pedicures and also nail art. (And a few other bits and pieces in between)

Does this price seem ok?

Any advice appreciated xx

i'm hoping that is a typo and you mean't itec otherwise I don't know what that qualification is?!

You would need to give a bit more information really. how many hours tuition is that? what support are you getting, what learning materials (workbooks/textbooks) are included? Are you give kit or do you need to buy that yourself? It could be cheap or expensive depending on the answers to these questions!!

you should research the training centre as to how it is and if you can speak to people who have done the course :) different places charge different prices but if you learn that much and more I think its quite reasonable but do check they are registered and qualified to train before you hand over any money x

Hi sorry yes itec. My mistake.

Hours are from 6.30 to 9 on Wednesday evenings.
I have to buy my own kit and uniform. Exam fees are extra. Course starts in two weeks and ends at the end of June.

They have a beauty school for over 33 years and are qualified

Have you looked into what the courses would cost you seperatly. I thibk that is rather expensove if it doesnt onclude kit or exam fees! X

How much us a kit and exam fees normally? I have to go down tomorrow to meet a lady and if I want to go ahead the deposit is 300 euros.

The same course is in drogheda and lasts 22 weeks and costs 1800. That includes kit and fees I think.

The important thing is that its a recognised qualification and that youll get weekly input from your tutors. In this respect, i think it is reasonable value based on how much youll cover in the course. If you become confident by the end of your course you could be qualified and work ready by the end of june :)

If it was me i wouldnt feel strongly about whether kit was included at this stage. Ensuring you feel youll get a good education from this place is what matters. A lot of the time youll want to choose your own kit after college anyway or if youre wanting to work for someone else you might prefer to get a slightly smaller kit for practicing with.

Thank you Laura. Think that's what I needed to hear. It's recognised internationally also so I think I'm happy enough. ;)

It does sound cheap but then I would take that as good thing as you wouldn't expect good quality training to be cheaper. When you speak to your tutor you need to ask for info on kit and exam fees as they are the ones who can tell you how much they cost. Ask to speak to past students and meet your tutor. Once you have all the information then you can compare your options fairly.

Another thing to remember is to find out what brand products your kit will contain and consider if those are the ones you want to use when qualified and if not would you need to do additional training to convert.

You also don't say if your course covers uv/gel polish which is very popular so would be a shame if not covered.

I'm sorry I can't answer you question but would go along with Hayhay. Contact some well known nail companies first ie CND, NSI and get some details and prices on their training as well. You will then be able to judge if your course is offering a good training. Personally I can vouch for CND their education program me is amazing.
Good luck.

I can also highly recommend CND not only for the training but also for the ongoing support afterwards. Their products are 2nd to none which is an added bonus!!!

Good luck which ever training provider you choose hun xx

Thank you very ladies. You all have been very helpful. The cnd is is dublin so not near me im afraid. im a busy mum of 3 babies so this one on a wednesday suits me perfect.

Think ill go ahead and book it:biggrin::biggrin:

My course was 23 weeks, one day a week and cost £1100 without kit. We had to pay for kit for each module which added up to quite a few £00.

Lelu that's quite expensive. I quess ill stick with this one. I'm sure once they Re qualified and well known I can't really go wrong.

Louise - it was expensive I know. Very good though I think compared to some people's experience on here. Just wanted to give you a comparison price for a similar length course.

Appreciate your reply thanks a mill x

I trained in just acrylic 10 years ago and I paid £845 then. So to me it's a bargain!

Thanks very much for that ladies. I've booked it and deposit paid. So so excited. We cover so so much I'm delighted. Thanks for your help x

Latest posts

Back