1 2 1 Booked should I have natural nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacqui'snewnail

Reaction score
Hi Can anyone help me - I have a 1 2 1 class booked for wednesday with Creative. Should I be wearing a set of enhancements or does anyone know whether I should have natural nails? I called the One Stop Nail shop and the man wasnt sure but said he didnt think it mattered either way?!

Just wanted to check because I think I remember reading that one of the tutors does a full set as part of the 1 2 1 class?? )I could be wrong?!?! lol! Mine is booked with Lauren!

Thanks Geeks.

I have done four sessions of one2one with Creative and I have never worked on my own nails during these sessions. I have worked on a nail trainer for three of the sessions and a model that I took in another time. I would think if you havent a model then a nail trianer will be fine to do one2one on.

Thanks for coming back to me - do you think I should do my own nails? Lauren could then probably get a better idea of my strengths/weaknesses?

Thanks for coming back to me - do you think I should do my own nails? Lauren could then probably get a better idea of my strengths/weaknesses?

Sure .. that could be a good idea. Are you taking a model then or will you use the nail trainer? What are you having one2one on.. which area are you hoping to tweek?

I will be using a nail trainer. Basically my prep is fine and applying tips no probs, but I am hoping to perfect my smile lines:eek: and sealing that edge to prevent lifting. I just basically need some good 1 2 1 coaching to tell me what I need to practice on. Yer know what the world of Nails is like - never stop learning/training!

I just want to be able to do a perfect set of acrylic nails and be confident that when my client leaves she is 100% happy! Do I want the moon on a stick?? lol!

I will be using a nail trainer. Basically my prep is fine and applying tips no probs, but I am hoping to perfect my smile lines:eek: and sealing that edge to prevent lifting. I just basically need some good 1 2 1 coaching to tell me what I need to practice on. Yer know what the world of Nails is like - never stop learning/training!

I just want to be able to do a perfect set of acrylic nails and be confident that when my client leaves she is 100% happy! Do I want the moon on a stick?? lol!

There is nothing wrong in aspiring for perfection... go for it and I hope you get lots out of your one2one.. :)

Thank U!!:hug:

To practice your smiles, a nail trainer will be fine. Also make sure you take plenty of tips because it is great to practice your smiles on these. Lauren is great and I am sure you will find the class really worthwhile. Enjoy:)

Thanks U ladies! I am really looking forward to the class!

Can I be cheeky and ask how much it costs for 1-2-1 sessions and how long they last?

Hi not being cheeky! £40.00 per hour minimum of 3 hours - Thats £120.00!! :suprised: It is quite expensive but I see it as a must to progress in the industry. I am sure I will gain so much from it. And the creative guys are the creme de la menth! of the nail industry! Excuse my Del Trotter expressions!! lol!

When we have classes at Oxford, we often just use the tips held in our hands to practice smile lines....saves having to stick and blend tips to the nail trainer if that area is ok with you...I would still take the trainer with you thought. My best advice is to get a model to take with you as the nail trainer and real people are two very different things to practice on. Some people find their application on a nail trainer is ok but it is not ok on a client....just a thought.

Hi not being cheeky! £40.00 per hour minimum of 3 hours - Thats £120.00!! :suprised: It is quite expensive but I see it as a must to progress in the industry. I am sure I will gain so much from it. And the creative guys are the creme de la menth! of the nail industry! Excuse my Del Trotter expressions!! lol!
Thanks for answering Jacqui, I would definitely pay that to perfect skills with such a great company. Good luck and let us know how you get on- I bet you can't wait.

Latest posts

Back