1/2 day to 1 day intimate waxing courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
Do intimate waxing courses this short really prepare you with the skills, knowledge and technique to be able to comfortably carry this treatment out on a client?

I would prefer to learn intimate waxing over a longer period of time on a college course but they just don't seem to be available in my local area (and I say this as someone who is willing to travel that bit further for a course!).

I want to get qualified in the treatment (VTCT VRQ kinda thing) so I was looking at doing this with the carlton institute and then refering to lori nestores whole ball of wax dvd so that I have a continuous reference point if I get stuck.

What do you reckon guys? Is this is good plan for getting qualified and confident in intimate waxing or should I sit on the fence for a bit and wait for a course that lasts a bit longer?

(Note: I did my level 2 at the carlton institute and I didn't feel that its methods are thourough enough for learning all treatments but I'm just wondering what people make of learning intimate waxing at this sort of speed. I have experiences of short and long courses both private and college so I guess I'm asking how you geeks think it is best to go about learning intimate waxing).

Over to you :)

Are there any courses longer than one day? It's quality, not quantity. Just find a good trainer and read what people say about them. Don't just go by their website.

Are there any courses longer than one day? It's quality, not quantity. Just find a good trainer and read what people say about them. Don't just go by their website.

I agree with Kim. Ask around. There are a few trainers on here are none of ten near you? There's Kim herself, joe90 and zozo aswell. I'm not aware of anyone else but there might be :) oh I think some of the males do it too. Is it Andy axxium? I get mixed up with the guys names sorry, but I'm sure someone will correct me!

I did female intimate with Kim and have people every day recommending my services. I read, reread and studied everything I could about hair, stages og growth and have tried many different waxes until I found what I love to work with. Technically I didn't only do a one day course (and am a qualified nurse). It's very easy for people to slate the one day coursers but many of us are very self motivated and don't just do the course and think we know it all.

Lori Nestore DVD is amazing, a real gem, she is funny and very very inspiring.

Good luck

Cheers guys :)

Yeah, short courses are nothing to be dissed, I've done a good proportion of them myself :) It's definately about practice and reading around your subject :)

Do the trainers on here provide the opportunity to get a qualification in the treatment? This is something that I would require.

So yas are saying that with practice and research, it's not unrealistic to expect to learn how to intimate wax by going on a course that lasts 1/2 to 1 day?

For quality always ask how many people on a course, how many models etc you practice on.

Also is one2one mentoring available afterwards if you want it.

Mat

Cheers guys :)

Yeah, short courses are nothing to be dissed, I've done a good proportion of them myself :) It's definately about practice and reading around your subject :)

Do the trainers on here provide the opportunity to get a qualification in the treatment? This is something that I would require.

So yas are saying that with practice and research, it's not unrealistic to expect to learn how to intimate wax by going on a course that lasts 1/2 to 1 day?
As the others have said do your research and google the trainer or training company and see what others have said about them. Its worth taking the time to get the best training possible.

Its all to easy for people to call themselves an expert!!...

At the end of the day good training sets you aside from the competition.

I agree with Fozzyo. Check to see how many students there are on each course because if there are only two or three, you won't learn as much as you would do if there are more students. I don't have the time to do 121's these days but I would still encourage them to come onto a group class if they can as they'll learn so much more. Never underestimate the power of watching and listening to each other be taught, as you learn so much more that way.

I don't pass anyone that doesn't make the grade but they can come back and re-sit the practical for free and I'm always at the end of the phone for advice. If you have a good trainer and you attend that course really wanting to be great at it, you shouldn't need to go back again and again. After all, doesn't that mean that you're not ready to be let loose on paying client's. You should get out there and make money and be the best Brazilian waxer in town.

Good luck with it all.

Latest posts

Back