1 day courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire-louise

Reaction score
hi what do you think of them??

i went college to do nvq2 man/ped, nvq3 swedish massage, hopi, piercing, st tropez tanning.

but dont yet want to do full level 2

so ive seen 2 day courses id like to do, beauty facials and indian head massage. does any one are these day courses ok? has anyone else done them?

If you have already done a good college course, ie beauty level 2 then add on 1 day courses are great! These courses should be treated as advanced courses, ie you have basics in your level 2.

I have done quite a few 1-6 day courses, but that was after I did 3 full years at college.

I now teach 1 day courses, but pre req body massage or beauty therapy.

I have been thinking of doing a 1 day indian head massage course, but after my friend doing me an indian head yeasterday I cannot belive I could learn this on a 1 day course, has anydone it and wht do u think of it?

I teach IHM in one day, but offer ongoing support if you wish to have more practise.
You need to have your beauty therapy or body massage certificate already as you are concentrating on new massage techniques.

You have to be willing to put some practise in.

It can be done, but you have to be dedicated and really practise it to get off pat and for it to flow well.

Thanks I do have my beauty therapy level 2, would this do?

Just to ressurect an old thread. I have concerns about One Day Courses.
I am a fully qualified therapist which involved many hours of training. I went on a one day course in nails last year just as a refresher for me. The training was ok but I had huge reservations regarding the fact that no-one was asked to produce any evidence of existing qualifications etc.
It seems to me that anyone can attend these courses & then 'set up' a business. Any other fully qualified therapists thinking the same way as me?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe from past experience with add on 1 day courses your insurance is void if you don't have previous qualifications in the specific course.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe from past experience with add on 1 day courses your insurance is void if you don't have previous qualifications in the specific course.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is incorrect - it would only be void if the course provider requires that you have a previous qualification. Many 1 day courses are accredited for insurance.

The industry is not regulated therefore you do not need to have a qualification at all to be a therapist/nail technician/hairdresser. Just that if you go this route you would probably not be insured.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

My concern is people who attend, say a nail gel polish course and who have not any qualification in manicure. So they have no in depth knowledge of the nail etc but yet they can carry out treatments :eek:
I have absolutely no problems with qualified therapists & one day courses.

My concern is people who attend, say a nail gel polish course and who have not any qualification in manicure. So they have no in depth knowledge of the nail etc but yet they can carry out treatments :eek:
I have absolutely no problems with qualified therapists & one day courses.

A good course will check that you already have a qualification in manicures, a bad one won't even ask

Latest posts

Back